Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
wildcat18

Cleveland

13 comments in this topic

Members
395 posts

New to the game and not sure where to ask this but. Is the Cleveland that is in game based on the first Cleveland that served in the war? Thank you in advance.  

Now that a few have answered. I see that the in game Cleveland is not that actual Cleveland but just based on the Cleveland Class. Reason I brought it up to begin with is my Father served 3 1/2 years on the Cleveland. (sense of pride)

Edited by wildcat18

[CMFRT]
Modder, Alpha Tester
1,349 posts
3,029 battles
1 minute ago, wildcat18 said:

That brings me to a link that shows the Cleveland? Does that mean that is the one it is based on in the game?

Yes. Its not that specific ship, its the Cleveland-class of light cruiser, of which U.S.S. Cleveland CL-55 was the lead ship.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cleveland-class_cruiser

Members
395 posts

Yes I know that, that one just happen to be named Cleveland. Was just wondering if it was based on the first Cleveland. There was another Cleveland put out to sea years after the other one. Thanks for your help.

[SYN]
Members
5,947 posts
13,808 battles
1 hour ago, wildcat18 said:

Yes I know that, that one just happen to be named Cleveland. Was just wondering if it was based on the first Cleveland. There was another Cleveland put out to sea years after the other one. Thanks for your help.

Again, as already stated by others, the ship in the game is based on the Cleveland class of ships, not a specific ship of the class.

[WOLF6]
Members
776 posts
5,900 battles

There have been three USS Cleveland’s so I think you are looking for the second one and not the first one.

The first USS Cleveland (C-19/CL-21) was a Denver class protected cruiser which.predated the St. Louis class protected cruiser (depicted as the Tier III St. Louis in game)

The second USS Cleveland (CL-55) is the lead ship of the Cleveland class light cruiser which is depicted as the Tier VI Cleveland in game.

The third USS Cleveland (LPD-7) is not depicted in the game. 

Edited by wtfovr

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

Cleveland in our game was only in commission between 1942 and 1947.

USS Cleveland LPD-7 was in commission from 1967-2011.  That's 34 YEARs in continuous commission - That's the third longest behind USS Constitution and CVAN-65 USS Enterprise.

[WOLF6]
Members
776 posts
5,900 battles

I think there have been ships longer than Cleveland

i mean USS Kitty Hawk was commissioned from 1961 to 2009 so that’s already longer than LPD-7 Cleveland

i guess you could find others in the nvr.navy.mil registry

[-N-]
Members
2,288 posts
15,955 battles

And for a tad bit more information, Carrier USS Independence is actually built on top of a Cleveland Class Cruiser Hull.

Members
395 posts

Sorry guys I asked the question wrong but I got the info that I needed. Thanks to everyone who replied and helped me. 

Edited by wildcat18

[CAPGO]
Members
775 posts
12,369 battles

Current Cleveland in the game has its performance artificially nerfed to be fitted into tier 6. WG promised USS cruiser line split in near future and then Cleveland will be put it back to its original performance and put at higher tier.

Sign in to follow this