Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
pepperct

Commander Training Options

6 comments in this topic

[WOLF6]
Members
105 posts
11,041 battles

Prior to Christmas I was playing the US cruiser line and just moved up to a Cleveland. As everyone knows the grind is long but still fun. After Christmas and a bunch of crates later I have a bunch of options and questions on how and what to use as a trainer. I picked up an Atlanta and a Alabama for premium ships. Right now I really enjoy playing the US DD line and just moved up to the Mahan. The Farragut Commander only has about 6 points I think but I still have a few dragon and other flags to use. Now here are the options I can use for training.

1. continue grinding the Mahan with the flags and camo

2. Purchase the Sims and use that as a trainer. But then I would be playing the Sims and not the Mahan.

3. Put my Farragut commander in the Atlanta and use that for skill points. I know it’s a cruiser but a few extra points can get me to concealment expert which would greatly help.

4. Take the Alabama commander that came with 10 points, assign him to the Mahan with the flags and camo and put a BB commander in the Alabama. I have not played the Alabama yet.

I also have the Leningrad and Ohotnik to play around with but I really enjoy playing the US line of ships. 

Thanks for thoughts and help.

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,486 posts
29,169 battles

With the choices given it makes sense to just use Atlanta as a trainer.  Frankly, alternate between Farragut and Atlanta.  It doesn't take long to grind that tier.

Members
1,571 posts
6,979 battles
2 hours ago, Warped_1 said:

With the choices given it makes sense to just use Atlanta as a trainer.  Frankly, alternate between Farragut and Atlanta.  It doesn't take long to grind that tier.

This.  While they don't really play the same, there are enough similarities in play style that the Atlanta would make a pretty solid trainer for USN destroyer captains.  Purchasing the Sims is probably better if you have the cash to spare...remember that you can switch commanders in & out of premium ships without penalty, so this (or the Atlanta) would allow you two "first wins" per day with your Mahan captain, which really helps in grinding out commander XP (particularly when combined with a premium account & appropriate flags).

The USN destroyer line really starts to shine after the Mahan...enjoy! :cap_like:

[WOLF6]
Members
105 posts
11,041 battles

I have quite a bit of cash from the Christmas crates, enough to buy the Sims. But I’ve seen it a few times where others had mentioned using the Atlanta with a DD skipper. 

This is the first time having a premium ship to use as training and you mentioned about “first wins” . Being noobish how does this work? I’m guessing using both ships but does one have to be played before the other? If your sunk but your team still wins does that count? 

Members
57 posts
5,183 battles

Your first win in a ship each day gives you a bonus for exp. that’s the modifier you see on the bottom right of the ship card on the bottom of your port screen.  

[LF]
Members
345 posts

Yes, the first win bonus applies if your team wins even if you are sunk.

Sign in to follow this