You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Im_Why_We_Lose

Focus Fire rant - please ignore...

17 comments in this topic

Members
2 posts

Rant on - So where is the secret list of those players that always must be focus fire upon before everyone else, because I'm sure at the top of that list! Everyone else on the team can be between me and the enemy and I'M the one that always gets focused!!! I need to find something more fun to do like beat my head against a wall or stick my hand down a running disposal... - Rant off.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,177 posts
15,765 battles

Quit wearing that captains uniform that says "Kick Me!" on the back. :Smile-_tongue: Actually, I feel your pain.

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
2 minutes ago, lamune said:

Rant on - So where is the secret list of those players that always must be focus fire upon before everyone else, because I'm sure at the top of that list! Everyone else on the team can be between me and the enemy and I'M the one that always gets focused!!! I need to find something more fun to do like beat my head against a wall or stick my hand down a running disposal... - Rant off.

When you find the list let me know because it seems like I am high up on that list two. 

One game I was kiting from 4 guys shooting at me because the push failed and some joker hiding behind a island on the other side of the map goes, quit running and come back and fight. :Smile_facepalm:

Members
4,608 posts
1 minute ago, Kizarvexis said:

One game I was kiting from 4 guys shooting at me

When I have that many or more I wait and see how long it takes them to sink me.  If it takes a while, after I sink I ask 'why it took so long when you had X number of players shooting at me'. Works really well when its 6+ and takes more than 5 minutes.

[-VT-]
Members
782 posts
10,034 battles

I only feel like I am being focused if there’s a cv in the game.  I never leave port without DFAA on ship that can use it!

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,177 posts
15,765 battles

I do wonder if the old spotting delay bug has returned particularly when I get the detected warning at the very same time that several people have me targeted and I had not been detected for a long time previously.

[WDS]
[WDS]
Members
5,400 posts
15,670 battles

Maybe its not u but the ship you are playing . Someone at the beginning of a game always say take out the Belfast first , or Cleveland , or anything with radar, they always go after them  first no?

[PVE]
Members
20,315 posts
13,642 battles
9 minutes ago, clammboy said:

Maybe its not u but the ship you are playing . Someone at the beginning of a game always say take out the Belfast first , or Cleveland , or anything with radar, they always go after them  first no?

5 minutes ago, Wuuthrad_2 said:

I agree with clammboy.  Certain ships (Cleveland, Atlanta to name two) always get s lot of attention from the reds. 

When I have been playing T8 for the Yamamoto campaign, a lot of people want the RADAR ships sunk first. I know that I try to sink DDs when I see them.

52 minutes ago, Wowzery said:

When I have that many or more I wait and see how long it takes them to sink me.  If it takes a while, after I sink I ask 'why it took so long when you had X number of players shooting at me'. Works really well when its 6+ and takes more than 5 minutes.

:Smile_teethhappy:

I'll have to try that when I get back into PvP. I've taken a PvP break for the last week or so. 

Members
4,335 posts
10,761 battles

I REALLY tried hard to find it. It's a silent film classic, and probably from Buster Keaton's "The General", but it's that famous scene of him marching between enemy lines with a stars and bars flag one one side, and the Confederate battle flag on the other... both sides cheer!

...and then he makes the mistake of turning around and marching back the way he came.

the ultimate in focus fire ensues.  . ;)

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts
1 hour ago, lamune said:

You are pushing too far and too fast. Let your DDs or CV's planes spot the enemy while you are still undetected and don't shoot and reveal yourself if there are a half-dozen of the enemy within range of you that can shoot back and obliterate you. First get close to cover then shoot and dart behind cover before the shells reach you.

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,545 battles

It really depend on the ship you play and where you are on the map. If you play a Belfast, I can assure you no matter what ship I play, I'll hunt you down the moment I spot you (unless I find something more annoying than a Belfast). If you play CV and you're spotted, you can be sure you'll be targetted by every single ship in the ennemi team (especially if you're facing potato). Some BB would rather shoot a CV at 20km rather than the DD at 5km showing a perfect broadside. You will also be focused if you're over extend or low HP. 

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles

OP plays a lot of BBs and owns Tirpitz, Dunkerque & Scharnhorst as well as regular tech tree BBs in T7 & T8 range.

To be honest with less than 1,000 battles I think you went up the tech tree line too quickly and haven't grasped the play style differences in some of these upper tiers and this is getting you focused.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

positioning and angle to make yourself not very enticing to shoot at.

Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

If you're being focused there is generally a good reason before you reach "he has great stats, get him!"

Members
4,479 posts
19,839 battles
2 hours ago, Wuuthrad_2 said:

I agree with clammboy.  Certain ships (Cleveland, Atlanta to name two) always get s lot of attention from the reds. 

If you wanna be the center of attention from the Reds, be that only Cruiser on a team with 5 BBs, 5 DDs, 1 CV, and 1 Cruiser.  :Smile_ohmy:

I've had some battles driving a CL where the Priority Target indicator read as high as (7). :cap_haloween: