You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Admiral_Thrawn_1

Update Question

23 comments in this topic

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Any idea if this update is meant to fix all the crashing no bugs that have been creating so many AFK players since December?

IMG_0189.thumb.PNG.d6aafe9178b6064b5645d0f89453ba73.PNG

• Boring 1

[WOLF5]
Members
954 posts
49,409 battles
  • Fixed bug with saving Distinctive Insignia (Patches/Emblems) settings while in a Division
  • Fixed bug displaying Key Areas as captured by a team on the "Warrior's Path" in the League of Sea Wolves from the beginning of a Ranked Battle   -- Warrior's Path was removed from the match-making pool, but is now be added back
  • Fixed bug causing Combat Mission progress to display incorrectly on the post-battle statistics screen
  • Fixed bug where chat window layout settings would not save after a battle or logging in again
  • Fixed bug with incorrect armor on main gun turrets of Musashi and Yamato, where the turrets took damage from any shell type
  • Fixed post-0.7.0.1 bug where some players had an issue joining or creating a Division 

https://worldofwarships.com/en/content/update-notes-main/release-notes-0702/

Edited by h9k_a

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
2 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

What about the bug that prevents Co-Op players getting the patches?

:Smile_hiding:

If there are bugs that crash your battles randomly then you will be prevented from getting patches in the first place.

• Boring 1

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles

Can you fix the bug that is preventing my shells from hitting enemy ships? Really starting to get on my nerves.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Ahh. The Yamato/Musashi bug is fixed. Good. 

[RMN]
Members
172 posts
7,151 battles

At this point, I doubt the developers even care that people who play macs have problems, and I'm pretty sure they intentionally ignore us these days when we dare to leave our support thread...

[WOLFB]
[WOLFB]
Members
375 posts
9,878 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Any idea if this update is meant to fix all the crashing no bugs that have been creating so many AFK players since December?

RNGesus - I hope so. Been spending more time documenting crashes, emailing Tech Support, and doing their "fixes" in the past 17 days than playing the game.  I have opted out of trying playing Ranked until I can safely play the game because I don't want to crash in the middle of a Ranked battle. I had hoped they would have fixed it by now so I could at least get to Rank 15 and get my participation flag. But no.

Edited by Geococcyx
Spelling

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
Just now, Geococcyx said:

RNGesus - I hope so. Been spending more time documenting crashes, emailing Tech Support, and doing their "fixes" in the past 17 days than playing the game.  I have opted out of trying playing Ranked util I can safely play the game because I don't want to crash in the middle of a Ranked battle. I had hoped they would have fixed it by now so I could at least get to Rank 15 and get my participation flag. But no.

In my experience when the crashes happen to which is often at battle start or during  loading screen. It will either free or the crash message will come up. What I do is immediately force quit using keyboard and then reopen app imdiately and I can get back in control of my ship within 2 minutes after the freeze or crash happens.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
1 hour ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

In my experience when the crashes happen to which is often at battle start or during  loading screen. It will either free or the crash message will come up. What I do is immediately force quit using keyboard and then reopen app imdiately and I can get back in control of my ship within 2 minutes after the freeze or crash happens.

It is prioritization - this bug you refer to is pretty rare and without definitive way to make it happen every time then the likelyhood of a fix is going to be very, very low.  And if you are on a Mac, the problem is worse since you have a 3rd party porting it and they can introduce their own bugs AND your user base is tiny. 

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
6 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

It is prioritization - this bug you refer to is pretty rare and without definitive way to make it happen every time then the likelyhood of a fix is going to be very, very low.  And if you are on a Mac, the problem is worse since you have a 3rd party porting it and they can introduce their own bugs AND your user base is tiny. 

The bugs have been more widespread than you might think since they apparently are hitting a decent percentage of the playerbase. And other players can be being hit by the bugs while I am just fine.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
31 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

The bugs have been more widespread than you might think since they apparently are hitting a decent percentage of the playerbase.

Then you must know some percentages - please feel free to share them.  BTW - those in the forums might be 2% of the entire NA population at most.   So a "decent" percentage is very likely to be no more than 1% of the NA population.  Mac user are likely to be less than 1% of the population of the entire game - nearly certainly less than 1% on the NA server.

Edited by CylonRed
  • Meh 1

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
9 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

Then you must know some percentages - please feel free to share them.  BTW - those in the forums might be 2% of the entire NA population at most.   So a "decent" percentage is very likely to be no more than 1% of the NA population.  Mac user are likely to be less than 1% of the population of the entire game - nearly certainly less than 1% on the NA server.

I would have to have access to Wargaming servers to answer this^,,but numerous players  on the Forum have mentioned getting hit with various game crashes, and I have lost count of how many players in battles have mentioned it happening to them. It's to the point where if somebody goes inactive it's no longer report them, instead they say " looks like Wargaming server is unstable again today" or " wish Wargaming would learn to debug their game" the list goes on and I won't include the things I have heard from players in battle involving profanity and some very unpleasant Russian remarks about Wargaming.

When on a bad day you can play battles and have 1-4+ players late loading by few minutes or not loading at all it certainly  goes beyond those innthe Forum and likely more than Mac users as well.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles

Late loads when I play can be counted on one hand, for months on end.  Again - the forums are a tiny % of all players and then the Mac players are even less.  It is doubtful you could argue a case that 10% of the NA population is having these issues AND prove that the late loaders are WGs problem (very likely not).  Even if it was 10%, without a guaranteed way to cause the issue, it is not worth the man effort to hunt it down and hope to stumble across it.  Going to be far more effective to hope to come across a way to reproduce it then fix it. 

Just because some folks crash - no guarantee it is WGs issue.  I have had issues where I have crashed - some unexplained others - video card drivers on a old video card look to be the cause. 

It's to the point where if somebody goes inactive it's no longer report them, instead they say " looks like Wargaming server is unstable again today" or " wish Wargaming would learn to debug their game"

All of the above are complete and utter guesses on folks who very likely have done NOTHING top actually look at a cause or determine if the issue is their own.  These are the same folks who you could show them the issue is outside of WG and they would not believe it.  Comments like the ones you posted prove absolutely, positively nothing.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
Just now, CylonRed said:

Late loads when I play can be counted on one hand, for months on end.  Again - the forums are a tiny % of all players and then the Mac players are even less.  It is doubtful you could argue a case that 10% of the NA population is having these issues AND prove that the late loaders are WGs problem (very likely not).  Even if it was 10%, without a guaranteed way to cause the issue, it is not worth the man effort to hunt it down and hope to stumble across it.  Going to be far more effective to hope to come across a way to reproduce it then fix it. 

Just because some folks crash - no guarantee it is WGs issue.  I have had issues where I have crashed - some unexplained others - video card drivers on a old video card look to be the cause. 

All of the above are complete and utter guesses on folks who very likely have done NOTHING top actually look at a cause or determine if the issue is their own.  These are the same folks who you could show them the issue is outside of WG and they would not believe it.  Comments like the ones you posted prove absolutely, positively nothing.

Must be time of day then when you play because the late loads go up as the server population currently online rises and gets to the point where it's a question on how many each battle you will see instead of how many battles will go by without seeing a late loader. The problem has been only since December, and tragic when in Ranked battles.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
1 hour ago, CylonRed said:

I had it for like three patches, then it' cleared up again. Before 6.12, this game never crashed on me. 

But haven't seen it for the last 2-3 patches.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Must be time of day then when you play because the late loads go up as the server population currently online rises and gets to the point where it's a question on how many each battle you will see instead of how many battles will go by without seeing a late loader. The problem has been only since December, and tragic when in Ranked battles.

I ranked to 9, and in the last weekend played over 30 battles all during the day/evening and on the weekdays when I play (almost all weekdays I play some games) it is after 8 PM Eastern to about 11 PM.  Generally pretty busy at those times...

And my last post is from experience as an IT professional where I have programmed, implemented systems, ran support, did end user training, system support, and now in QA.  Not to mention supporting Americas Army for a couple years in their forums and moderator.  I also build all of my own PCs so well versed in drivers, OS, and PC hardware in general.  This is the reason why when folks games crashes and they say - must be the game my system is fine - without actually doing anything about checking their system or investigating network and network routing issues get me fired up because they are blindly laying blame.  And no - "my speed tests fine" has nothing to do with actual investigation into the network/routing.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
2 minutes ago, awiggin said:

I had it for like three patches, then it' cleared up again. Before 6.12, this game never crashed on me. 

But haven't seen it for the last 2-3 patches.

And that really does not mean a whole lot.  Can be so many different things it really is not funny.  It is one reason why I usually wait till the problems is far more pronounced before I even try to track something down.  A crash here or there is going to be nearly impossible to figure out and is not that big of a deal.  If it starts happening on a regular basis - then I get more involved.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
4 minutes ago, CylonRed said:

I ranked to 9, and in the last weekend played over 30 battles all during the day/evening and on the weekdays when I play (almost all weekdays I play some games) it is after 8 PM Eastern to about 11 PM.  Generally pretty busy at those times...

And my last post is from experience as an IT professional where I have programmed, implemented systems, ran support, did end user training, system support, and now in QA.  Not to mention supporting Americas Army for a couple years in their forums and moderator.  I also build all of my own PCs so well versed in drivers, OS, and PC hardware in general.  This is the reason why when folks games crashes and they say - must be the game my system is fine - without actually doing anything about checking their system or investigating network and network routing issues get me fired up because they are blindly laying blame.  And no - "my speed tests fine" has nothing to do with actual investigation into the network/routing.

I check my CPUs, various internet connections, run system diagnostics. My end is fine, Wargaming onnthe other hand has often been in question over the course of their entire time as a company and numerous bugs have already gotten traced directly coming from them.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

And that really does not mean a whole lot.  Can be so many different things it really is not funny.  It is one reason why I usually wait till the problems is far more pronounced before I even try to track something down.  A crash here or there is going to be nearly impossible to figure out and is not that big of a deal.  If it starts happening on a regular basis - then I get more involved.

Actually there is a way if you have access to server info and look through it you can spot  anomalies, of course that is time consuming so it's easier to write a program that condenses server operations reports and you can far more easily see when problems are growing and then you have basis for tracking them down more quickly.

Frankly it's appalling just how bad Wargaming's service record has been compared to other similarly sized online games some of which require even higher data management and yet they have far almost no server failures because they catch the bugs a lot faster than Wargaming manages to do.

Other gaming companies have to shut down servers for repair on rare occasions yes, but then they get them back up with the bugs corrected and the server runs smoothly.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

I check my CPUs, various internet connections, run system diagnostics. My end is fine, Wargaming onnthe other hand has often been in question over the course of their entire time as a company and numerous bugs have already gotten traced directly coming from them.

I really, really, really hate to tell you but no program is 100% bug free so of COURSE they have had bugs traced back to them, no software package is immune.  It once took me 3 WEEKS to find an issue on my end with a game so I don't accept a quick run thru of some diagnostics to be nearly good enough.  With Wg - I had issues for a few days with ping and found a lot of packetloss on the route.  2 weeks I lived with it till the company announced a sped upgrade.  Apparently they were switching out hardware for the upgrade and that caused all sorts of issues. The big clue was that not everyone on the server was having the same issue (immediately points away from the server being the issue).   Hell - issues can come from CPU/CPU microcode that might have an effect once in a blue moon (there is a reason CPUs have errata sheets with them - yes - there are bugs in CPU code as proven this last month with one bug being known about since 1992). 

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Other gaming companies have to shut down servers for repair on rare occasions yes, but then they get them back up with the bugs corrected and the server runs smoothly.

And so has WG - I am done arguing - you want to believe it has to be a bug on their end and no amount of common sense will make a difference.  This is why tech support folks pull their hair out...

And BTW - I have not made it out that they don't have bugs - if you think thwt then you need to reread my posts and think about them for a bit...

Good night.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

I really, really, really hate to tell you but no program is 100% bug free so of COURSE they have had bugs traced back to them, no software package is immune.  It once took me 3 WEEKS to find an issue on my end with a game so I don't accept a quick run thru of some diagnostics to be nearly good enough.  With Wg - I had issues for a few days with ping and found a lot of packetloss on the route.  2 weeks I lived with it till the company announced a sped upgrade.  Apparently they were switching out hardware for the upgrade and that caused all sorts of issues. The big clue was that not everyone on the server was having the same issue (immediately points away from the server being the issue).   Hell - issues can come from CPU/CPU microcode that might have an effect once in a blue moon (there is a reason CPUs have errata sheets with them - yes - there are bugs in CPU code as proven this last month with one bug being known about since 1992). 

Hewlett-Packard Non Stop Advanced Technology, they have servers that run things like Stock Market, 90% of banking transactions, you know the kinds of things that you would Never want to fail. Those servers run indefinitely since failure even for fraction of a second is unacceptable.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1