Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
RevolutionBlues

Dear Wargaming

12 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles

Please fIx your cancerous MM, I'm tired of playing bottom tier Every. Single. Game.

Alternately I would settle for a competitive MM so the people who failed their way to T10 can derp around with each other. I don't mind losing if it's a fight, but most of these teams fail-cascade in the first five minutes. At that point it's just a waste of time and credits.

• Meh 1

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

qmZSR9D.png

Bottom tier in Wows is not like Wot.... you are still entirely competitive, uness you are fail div or a Pensacola or Emerald

• Cool 1
  • Funny 3
  • Boring 1
  • Meh 2

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,209 battles

Low tier's creed(not really structure like one but you get the point ):

- play as selfishly as you want.

- don't draw attention to yourself

- don't be the 1st one they see 

- stay behind your teammates and support them, shot at what they shoot, add to their firepower, enemy shipping dies faster like that

- every ship is not without their weakspot, HE their bow or stern if not their superstructure.

[O_O]
Members
7,893 posts
22,049 battles
1 hour ago, RevolutionBlues said:

Please fIx your cancerous MM, I'm tired of playing bottom tier Every. Single. Game.

Bottom tier every game?  Exaggeration.  What tiers are you bottom tier "every single game"?

I have been keeping track of my MM for a couple of months.  Here are my results:

Tier 5:  Out of 83 games, I was bottom tier in 54, or 65%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 32 of those 54.

Tier 6:  Out of 176 games, I was bottom tier in 56, or 32%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 40 of those 56.

Tier 7:  Out of 128 games, I was bottom tier in 21, or 16%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 13 of those 21.

Tier 8:  Out of 116 games, I was bottom tier in 43, or 37%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 26 of those 43.

Tier 5 obviously gets the shaft, and even then I am bottom tier 65% of the time.  Not Every. Single. Game.  As 212thAttackBattalion said, you can still be competitive when bottom tier...as long as you don't throw a fit, grab your ball and go home.  Play smart.

I enjoy when I am top tier and have one of the strongest ships in the game.  But, I also enjoy when I am bottom tier and have a challenge.  Sometimes I get blapped quickly.  But, it feels good to finish #1 on the team with a bottom tier ship.

I actually think +/- 1 tier MM would sterilize game play a bit.  I like the variety +/- 2 tiers offers.  I don't think I am the majority with that opinion.

• Cool 4

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

Bottom tier every game?  Exaggeration.  What tiers are you bottom tier "every single game"?

I have been keeping track of my MM for a couple of months.  Here are my results:

Tier 5:  Out of 83 games, I was bottom tier in 54, or 65%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 32 of those 54.

Tier 6:  Out of 176 games, I was bottom tier in 56, or 32%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 40 of those 56.

Tier 7:  Out of 128 games, I was bottom tier in 21, or 16%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 13 of those 21.

Tier 8:  Out of 116 games, I was bottom tier in 43, or 37%.  When bottom tier, I was still able to place in the top 5 of my team in 26 of those 43.

Tier 5 obviously gets the shaft, and even then I am bottom tier 65% of the time.  Not Every. Single. Game.  As 212thAttackBattalion said, you can still be competitive when bottom tier...as long as you don't throw a fit, grab your ball and go home.  Play smart.

I enjoy when I am top tier and have one of the strongest ships in the game.  But, I also enjoy when I am bottom tier and have a challenge.  Sometimes I get blapped quickly.  But, it feels good to finish #1 on the team with a bottom tier ship.

I actually think +/- 1 tier MM would sterilize game play a bit.  I like the variety +/- 2 tiers offers.  I don't think I am the majority with that opinion.

Interesting data, desmo.

I can tell you from my experience that the level of pain from being bottom tier varies wildly depending on what type and class of ship you're in.

Put a Tier 5 Kamikaze/Fujin (with a super high skill Shimmy captain) in a tier 7 battle, and there's no real reason you can't do well.

Tier 5 BB's?  They can do well in tier 7 battles as well, because when push comes to shove, they're still BBs with BIG GUNS.  And it's not going to matter if that cruiser you aim at is tier 5 or 7, those guns can bleep it up big time if you get a citadel hit or 2, or even just a few regular penning hits.  Tier 5 BBs vs tier 7 BBs can have a little rougher time, due to stronger armor on those high tier BBs.  But there's a simple solution to that.  Don't aim at for citadels on higher tier BBs.  Aim for the superstructure in the hopes of getting regular penning hits.  Only aim for citadels when you're at close range and your guns should be able to pen their flat broadside armor no matter what.

Tier 5 cruisers in tier 7 battles?  Yeah, this can be more difficult.  And yet, whenever I take my Marblehead out into a tier 7 battle, I usually seem to do just fine.  And a lot of people claim that the Omaha and its clones (including the Marblehead) have been power creeped.   And yet, I find that I'm quite able to do well most of the time, just by kiting at max range and spamming HE at everything, but switching to AP when I get lucky enough to have broadside shots on cruisers.  And I use my pitiful torpedoes.  I don't LOOK to make torpedo runs.  But if there's some ship heading my way and I think that he'll be in range to possibly get hit by a torp, then I will fling'em out there and hope for the best.  And I do get hits from time to time.

When you're bottom tier you need to have a different perspective.  You're hardly likely to dominate the enemy team.  So what you do is try to support your team as much as humanly possible.  And if you're good enough and/or lucky enough to avoid drawing too much attention onto yourself (particularly true for non-DDs), you might hang around long enough to have a quiet impact on the outcome of the battle.

The problem that I see from too many people is that they seem to think that if they're not in a ship that can dominate the enemy, then they start complaining about being bottom tier, blah, blah, blah.  Too much of a sense of entitlement and not enough willingness to play as part of the team.  Too many chiefs, not enough indians.

Beta Testers
978 posts
4,372 battles
1 hour ago, desmo_2 said:

You can certainly perform well personally when playing bottom tier, and I frequently do. But it's nearly impossible to carry even as top tier, let alone bottom tier when most of your team is dead within the first five/ten minutes and you're staring at 500k worth of enemy HP. 

I guess my original post was a bit rant-ish. But my problem is really that there is very little competition in this supposedly competitive PvP oriented game. It mostly boils down to who the MM decides to stick you with at the start of the match. 

Members
1,052 posts
18,237 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

This thread got kind of quiet after desmo ruined it with science..:etc_swear:

Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles
2 hours ago, desmo_2 said:

This man presents facts that run contrary to our narrative. Burn him at the stake.

• Funny 1

Members
1,348 posts
13,885 battles

When you get to the point where the enemy team has 5 radar ships and you have none... then come see me about match-making. 

Like everyone else has said, a decent player in a T5 can wreck even in a T7 match. Hide... don't be the most important target. Don't broadside. 

A while back, I got into a 1:1 duel with a Colorado. I was in the Oct Rev. I stayed bow on until he fired, then turned and let loose. At 5km I hit with 10 out of 12 guns and two were citadels. Totally destroyed that CO, who, I guess, thought a T5 BB was nothing compared to them. 

Sign in to follow this