Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Mormon_Tabernacle_Choir

The Teams Lately...

19 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Members
12,680 posts
14,320 battles
8 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

Uh, you have a 59% recent WR, what are you complaining about again?  

 

He must have been a 60%+ player and got dropped down to 59%...

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
55
[BTH]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
202 posts
5,568 battles

And the last one is a pretty solid win for the whole team.

I see no evidence that this needs a thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,116
[BOSS]
Beta Testers
2,762 posts
16,827 battles

It's been bad for me too.. since Saturday.. 

It's either my team gets stomped that the score is at 0 at 7 minutes or my team is doing that back.. no close hard fought battles it seems.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,530 battles

It has been rough lately. I had a 2500 WTR my first 6 games today, and only won 2. I lost quite a few games today that should've been won, and won a few that surprised the crap out of me.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,171 posts
10,685 battles
49 minutes ago, TurboT said:

It's been bad for me too.. since Saturday.. 

It's either my team gets stomped that the score is at 0 at 7 minutes or my team is doing that back.. no close hard fought battles it seems.

 

Yeah its been bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424
[TMS]
Members
4,191 posts
43,284 battles

The point of the thread i think is being bottom tier and coming first means that the rest of your team are really bad or they had a really bad match and that the bottom tier should not be the one trying to carry the team and neither should he be expected too, but that's what competent players do.

Edited by Final8ty
  • Cool 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424
[TMS]
Members
4,191 posts
43,284 battles
2 hours ago, TurboT said:

It's been bad for me too.. since Saturday.. 

It's either my team gets stomped that the score is at 0 at 7 minutes or my team is doing that back.. no close hard fought battles it seems.

 

i like close hard fought battles, if there was proper match making that would be more the case, that would also mean more win rates would drop for some as you would be going up against more players what are as good as you, but at least the battles would of been more fun and that's more important.

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424
[TMS]
Members
4,191 posts
43,284 battles
2 hours ago, Wodyo said:

It has been rough lately. I had a 2500 WTR my first 6 games today, and only won 2. I lost quite a few games today that should've been won, and won a few that surprised the crap out of me.

Which means you put a lot of effort in those matches even though you lost.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alpha Tester
1,171 posts
10,685 battles
12 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

The point of the thread i think is being bottom tier and coming first means that the rest of your team are really bad or they had a really bad match and that the bottom tier should not be the one trying to carry the team and neither should he be expected too, but that's what competent players do.

Pretty much this 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,852
Alpha Tester
7,170 posts
4,070 battles

Had a battle in my St. Louis at Tier 9 I thought we couldn't lose. We were up 4 ships with 10 minutes left, myself and 2 other heavy ships in flanking position and we lost the remaining battle 8 ships to 1.

Finishing off ships is so important.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,530 battles
6 hours ago, Final8ty said:

i like close hard fought battles, if there was proper match making that would be more the case, that would also mean more win rates would drop for some as you would be going up against more players what are as good as you, but at least the battles would of been more fun and that's more important.

There is nothing wrong with the way matchmaking works right now. A "skill based" system would absolutely ruin the game.

 

There are still good, hard fought, nail-biting battles. They're just not as common when everyone is trying to complete combat missions, campaign missions, and all of the other events. I'm certainly not complaining about those things, but just pointing out that people tend to YOLO more frequently if they have objectives outside of earning xp for the ship they're driving. It's a common side effect in every game, I think. Players who play to win have to play more patiently, and purposefully.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,424
[TMS]
Members
4,191 posts
43,284 battles
59 minutes ago, Wodyo said:

There is nothing wrong with the way matchmaking works right now. A "skill based" system would absolutely ruin the game.

 

There are still good, hard fought, nail-biting battles. They're just not as common when everyone is trying to complete combat missions, campaign missions, and all of the other events. I'm certainly not complaining about those things, but just pointing out that people tend to YOLO more frequently if they have objectives outside of earning xp for the ship they're driving. It's a common side effect in every game, I think. Players who play to win have to play more patiently, and purposefully.

Ill agree to disagree and the passive play is the biggest issue which does not happen in the low tiers. 

Edited by Final8ty

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,530 battles
54 minutes ago, Final8ty said:

Ill agree to disagree and the passive play is the biggest issue which does not happen in the low tiers. 

Passive play is intelligent play (patiently watching how the battle unfolds increases situational awareness)*. The game doesn't have to be decided in 5 minutes, or even 10. It's a 20 minute game. If you want to win, then you'll do your best to stay alive and help your team the whole game, and not just in the first few moments. It's equally terrible to see a game lost because the guy with the Kraken got too greedy.

Edited by Wodyo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,039
Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
37 minutes ago, Wodyo said:

Passive play is intelligent play (patiently watching how the battle unfolds increases situational awareness)*. The game doesn't have to be decided in 5 minutes, or even 10. It's a 20 minute game. 

To be fair, a lot depends on what the enemy does. It's only a 20 minute game if both sides let the clock run out and do nothing.

The problem with being too passive is, however much time you think you have, if you cede initiative to the enemy, you'll have less time, as the enemy lops off chunks of time by sinking ships, or effectively speeds up its passage by gaining caps.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18
[BS]
[BS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
151 posts
6,530 battles

I'd also like to point out that seal-clubbing happens at the lower tiers, not the higher ones. The reason for that? In my opinion, it's because higher tiers require you to put fourth effort.

You can't seriously expect to win every game though.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×