You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Rilak

sometimes no matter how many games you throw at it rank 1 wont happen

19 comments in this topic

Members
1,022 posts
13,341 battles

http://shipcomrade.com/leaderboard.asp?name=rilak&G=2&S=8&B=5&R=12&C=0

just a quick observation, many think if you grind rank long enough you can rank out even with a sub 47%  win rate.  sorry  but that is not true....

as you can see at glance some have 1000+ matches and are still not there.

of the 400  who did rank out so far only 12  are below 50% wins. they stuck with it and earned enough 1st places to get them over the top good job i say !!

it seems ranked does filter out the better players to a point.  388 players above 50% wins and only 12 below it, i would say its working as intended.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
4 minutes ago, Rilak said:

just a quick observation, many think if you grind rank long enough you can rank out even with a sub 47%  win rate.  sorry  but that is not true....

of the 400  who did rank out so far only 12  are below 50% wins. they stuck with it and earned enough 1st places to get them over the top good job i say !!

it seems ranked does filter out the better players to a point.  388 players above 50% wins and only 12 below it, i would say its working as intended.

And some of us that have maintained a 51-53% Ranked WR are still stuck in Rank 5.

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
13 minutes ago, Rilak said:

Also less players every season. Most of the grind it players probably no longer bother.:Smile_Default:

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,644 battles

Yes, some people are really good at slamming their hand in a car door. The fact remains that they are willingly slamming their hand in a car door.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
5 minutes ago, awiggin said:

Also less players every season. Most of the grind it players probably no longer bother.:Smile_Default:

Well some players like me are mainly interested in the Jolly Roger flag and once that is in hand following seasons become a bit more optional. Of course some do a little each season just to pick up some of the Signal Flags and Camos, and others like Ranking out each time. But then others give up on Ranked after getting that Jolly Roger flag in hand.

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
6,749 posts
15,644 battles
4 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well some players like me are mainly interested in the Jolly Roger flag and once that is in hand following seasons become a bit more optional. Of course some do a little each season just to pick up some of the Signal Flags and Camos, and others like Ranking out each time. But then others give up on Ranked after getting that Jolly Roger flag in hand.

Pretty much. people don't even play their Flints and Blacks that much due to the teamkilling and teammates just leaving them to die. Not even counting the focus fire from enemy players.

[NATO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,639 posts
10,316 battles
23 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And some of us that have maintained a 51-53% Ranked WR are still stuck in Rank 5.

And some of us cant be bothered to go past rank 10 because its a huge s#$t show after that :)

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
1 minute ago, HazardDrake said:

Pretty much. people don't even play their Flints and Blacks that much due to the teamkilling and teammates just leaving them to die. Not even counting the focus fire from enemy players.

Yeah that is the trouble with vehicles in Wargaming games that not everyone had the chance to easily obtain them. Players get either jealous, determined, or in very rare cases fearful when such a player appears in battle. But mainly it's just a neon sign saying " I am good player that can decide the match so you better kill me if you want a different outcome."

Similar things happen in WoT Blitz when players use IS-6 Fearless, you can't team kill it there, but if even 1 enemy player recognizes it they will tell their team and all enemy tanks focus fire on it because onlythe most elite  Unicum Players get those so now these days it's more rare to see those.

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,545 battles

Rank isn't really a question of skill, it's more a question of how much pain can you endure to reach R1. Sure having skill and knowledge of the ship helps you grinding your rank but when all your team mate decide to go full potato and thorw the game away, there is nothing you can do except try hard and win or try hard, fail and look how much XP difference you have between you at the top and the second 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

last season I think I hung up my hat at 62% WR at rank 5, because I just did not want to play it anymore.

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles
7 minutes ago, RoyalSinclair said:

Gonna shoot for the Flint

Me too. If I rank out this season, I get it. 

Given less than a week to go, and I can't get past rank 5, looks like I won't make it. 

Members
260 posts
6,588 battles
12 minutes ago, UltimateNewbie said:

Me too. If I rank out this season, I get it. 

Given less than a week to go, and I can't get past rank 5, looks like I won't make it. 

Don't give up

• Cool 3

[AR]
Members
364 posts
20,931 battles

No one with a W/R below 50% should rank out anyways.

A requirement should be set up on the very last star of Rank 2 "If you are below 50% W/R, you must play on until this is rectified".

• Cool 1
  • Meh 1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I disagree.  if you can stomach ranked long enough to rank out with a sub 50% WR, you deserve it on tenacity.

[TWFT]
Members
1,763 posts
45,970 battles

I'm one of those players that grind it to the bitter end, I'm one of those 12 below 50%.  I am good at times, but at other times I can really stink up a map.

Rank is part skill, part luck and part determination.  The best for me was to play in till I found a group of players that were at the same skill level as me (sub-potatoish) and stick with them.  After a while you recognize the players names and can guess what they are going to do, you also learn that there is a meta in the ship movements and if you make a contact list to tell you who is playing, you can pic a ship that you feel will help your team better.

I noticed this season did not have as much toxicity that some of the previous seasons had, at least for me.  I have to admit though that in a few matches I turned off my chat, funny that I got shot at by a team mate when I told them I was going to turn it off.

I don't mind the bad players, I don't mind the players that salt the chat (they usually suck at this game anyway) and I don't mind all unicums on the enemy team vs my potato fleet.  The thing that pisses me off the most is how WG has made it a trash mode, It used to be fun and rewarding, now it just sucks.

Well, I go the Black!  I hope you all that want to rank out make it.

Good luck     :Smile_honoring:

[TAFY3]
Members
30 posts
3,570 battles

I just posted a thread on getting Rank 1, its more just grinding, luck and grinding some more. I'm not the best player but I managed to get Rank 1. The easiest thing you can do is give up and quit. 

[5IN]
Members
2,109 posts
10,709 battles

Got to 4, fell back to almost 8, now back to 6 and change.  I won't make it, but will play only ranked until the season is done.  

The smaller teams, and only one tier to deal with makes games more interesting.  

Its funny because looking at the list, I see players that are still trying, who Ive played with and against.  And also players that have made it. 

As for salt levels, there is a lot less than previous seasons (or so it would seem), especially the closer to ranking out.

Anyway, good luck to all still trying, and congratz to those of you who have finished. :Smile_honoring:

B

[AXANR]
Members
3,650 posts
23,502 battles

I'm pretty much done at rank 10, with less than 100 games played. It's not fun this season. I really would like to see them get rid of the rank 12 irrevocable rank; it's way too easy to fail your way to rank 12 and then put together enough lucky streaks to get into the top ten and derp. Every game is a landslide, one way or the other. After spending fifty games slowly sliding back from rank 8, keeping from losing a star most games but not being able to win, I said screw it.