Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Snargfargle

Operation Killer Whale (links to entire story)

5 comments in this topic

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

I played Killer Whale again today in my Cleveland. That "old hat" operation is a lot more fun if you pretend that you are fighting [REDACTED].

Edited by Snargfargle

[WOLF9]
Members
8,784 posts
4,145 battles

I'm falling behind.  I haven't started on this story yet, but I'll read it, and I bet it's good.

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts
47 minutes ago, iDuckman said:

I'm falling behind.  I haven't started on this story yet, but I'll read it, and I bet it's good.

I think you will like it. No duck hunting in it so you are safe. :Smile_teethhappy:

[PSP]
Members
8,130 posts

On an uninhabited South Pacific island lurks a horror that was once a man.

On the uncharted island, beneath the wreckage of a Nakajima B6N, lies a much older wreck; one that fell from the skies before the first humans came to the archipelago on their sailing rafts. Not much is left of this ancient wreck, at least not much that is readily visible. Each morning, however, if one peers closely through the morning mists just before they are dissipated by the sun, one may see a faint scintillating cloud rising into the sunlight.

Kaigun-daii Asahi Dobashi saw this cloud rise around him as he lay dying in the wreckage of his plane. Three days later a creature bent the wreckage away from itself and shambled down to the shore.

After 75 years, not much is left of what once was Lieutenant Dobashi. However, the monster, every morning, still shuffles down to the seashore and looks to the northwest, to a homeland that he has long forgotten and which he would hardly recognize were he still human.

And each evening he also looks up into the night skies, gazing at a certain star, but once again he knows not why.

Edited by Snargfargle

Sign in to follow this