You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Terrible_Turtle

About the Emblems...

45 comments in this topic

Members
5,202 posts

I think the emblems for "top 3 xp" over X number of games are an absolutely brilliant idea. Rewarding players for playing the right way with consistency. But why stop there? Earning top 3 xp one hundred times isn't THAT challenging. So why not add more levels to the accomplishment? 500 games? 1000 perhaps? Add some legendary-ness to the achievements so we have something to keep grinding toward for months/years.

Just thinking out loud (via text). Either way, I'm sure WG has more plans for these emblems. Let's just hope that future emblems are the types that encourage correct play. 

Side note, farming raw damage numbers doesn't win games. Dealing meaningful damage wins games. The latter is captured by XP. 

Edited by Kombat_W0MBAT
  • Cool 4

[AP]
Members
1,373 posts
20,488 battles

why dont they just release the %dmg stat and use that as a challenge requirement......

• Cool 2

[-K--]
Beta Testers
4,829 posts

100% Agree.

Now they need to add Top 3 Xp Overall. and not just per country, that goes 250 - 500 - 750 -1000  with no end.

• Cool 1

Members
5,202 posts
Just now, jason199506 said:

why dont they just release the %dmg stat and use that as a challenge requirement......

That would be ideal. 

Unlikely to happen, but we can dream. 

Members
5,202 posts
Just now, Spyde said:

100% Agree.

Now they need to add Top 3 Xp Overall. and not just per country, that goes 250 - 500 - 750 -1000  with no end.

Yeah, if they were to expand the achievement to hundreds of games, it would be nice to have it be for ships of all nationalities. 

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

There ought to be one for getting #1 XP in a match, despite being bottom tier, in a T5-8 ship over X number of games.

Call it the Dark Horse or Underdog.

Edited by MrDeaf
  • Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
9,915 posts
18,230 battles
1 hour ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

I think the emblems for "top 3 xp" over X number of games are an absolutely brilliant idea. Rewarding players for playing the right way with consistency. But why stop there? Earning top 3 xp one hundred times isn't THAT challenging. So why not add more levels to the accomplishment? 500 games? 1000 perhaps? Add some legendary-ness to the achievements so we have something to keep grinding toward for months/years.

Just thinking out loud (via text). Either way, I'm sure WG has more plans for these emblems. Let's just hope that future emblems are the types that encourage correct play. 

Side note, farming raw damage numbers doesn't win games. Dealing meaningful damage wins games. The latter is captured by XP. 

I believe I read a thread...pretty sure it was by @LittleWhiteMouse ....A  thread devoted entirely to THAT (IIRC)... and I need to find it... it tells so much about it..
iChase did a video on it as well I think...when you learn this you get more wins.... plain and simple

Edited by pmgaudio

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles
1 hour ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Yeah I think a base xp threshold would be better than avg damage as long as the highest emblems match the kind of avg base xp that is representative of the portion of the player base that deserves it.  That said, damage is damage.  If you're not removing the hitpoints from the enemy BB, you're forcing your team mates to have to do it.  If BBs weren't effective ships that can impact a match outcome, players wouldn't play them.  So deleting them matters too, not just DDs.

Members
5,202 posts
2 minutes ago, VGLance said:

Yeah I think a base xp threshold would be better than avg damage as long as the highest emblems match the kind of avg base xp that is representative of the portion of the player base that deserves it.  That said, damage is damage.  If you're not removing the hitpoints from the enemy BB, you're forcing your team mates to have to do it.  If BBs weren't effective ships that can impact a match outcome, players wouldn't play them.  So deleting them matters too, not just DDs.

Nobody is disputing that you have to deal damage to win games. But "damage is damage" is the kind of thinking players use to justify spamming HE at a battleship at 15km instead of focusing the DD at 10km .

10k to a DD is more meaningful than 10k to a BB, hence the MASSIVE subjectivity of damage numbers. Context is necessary. 

In the end, I think we're on the same page. XP is a more meaningful metric than one as simplistic as raw damage. 

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

I doubt any sane person would disagree with:

"10k to a DD is more meaningful than 10k to a BB"

And

"spamming HE at a battleship at 15km instead of focusing the DD at 10km"

Is not smart, but missing wildy at a 15km DD instead of getting reliable hits on a BB at 10km is smart.   Since shot selection can go to either side, you have to remove that as a variable, in other words, assuming you're dealing with a player that knows when to shoot a BB and when to shoot a DD, the BB damage is no less important.

[SALVO]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
6,598 posts
7,430 battles

Kill 1000 people with fire:

Trollface.jpg

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles
5 hours ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Wouldn't mind seeing more of those types, but I'll be keeping the derpy Sea Eagle regardless.

Given that I go by hawk, the eagle makes the most sense for me as well.  That said, I'd just shut it off completely if I could.  I don't really like rubbing in my kills.

Members
499 posts
7,185 battles
23 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Given that I go by hawk, the eagle makes the most sense for me as well.  That said, I'd just shut it off completely if I could.  I don't really like rubbing in my kills.

I don't really mind. 

As a bonus I can also judge people by there colour choices as well as by their question in game actions.

Members
2,424 posts
38,340 battles

I really like that these emblems look at the 100 most recent games, so as you improve the number will improve steadily.  So you do  have a chance at the

higher skilled emblems.

It's tough for some of us with 1000's of games (ahem) to get an uptick when we improve in our random win rate, etc.

[FDK]
Members
1,534 posts

Emblems/patches were a cool idea. What I cansee in the parthes (as  for the moment)

From Harry Potter: Raven Claw, Gryffindor and Slytherin

From Game of Thrones: House Targaryen, House Lannister, House Baratheon, House Stark and House Mormont

[KIA]
Members
3,839 posts
18,545 battles
4 hours ago, Dr_Venture said:

Kill 1000 people with fire:

Trollface.jpg

Pls don't throw more salt to the game. Kill X ship achievement are already pain in the *** don't add more stupid requirement lol 

[FML]
Members
4,323 posts
16,682 battles

I wonder what players are thinking when they get rekt and are forced to see a gun-hugging sloth whilst being killed by this newbie. 

I hope for bad thoughts. 

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles

I would like to see emblems rewarding Solo play.

Try earning those emblems day in and day out when they can only be rewarded if you play Solo.

I think if you earn those with as little influence to the match as possible(Bringing all your buddies) you have really earned the right to show them off.

But yeah they need to up the games played, I am already working on 50 games top 3 xp and that was all Solo no div help.

Edited by GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

It would be nice if they added cumulative rewards.  Like if you get the emblem for 100 games in top 3 xp for every nation and/or earn elite emblem for every class of ships you get some pirate themed emblem (they do have Jolly Roger for ranked, so why not).

Members
5,202 posts
39 minutes ago, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

I would like to see emblems rewarding Solo play.

Try earning those emblems day in and day out when they can only be rewarded if you play Solo.

I think if you earn those with as little influence to the match as possible(Bringing all your buddies) you have really earned the right to show them off.

But yeah they need to up the games played, I am already working on 50 games top 3 xp and that was all Solo no div help.

Top XP and damage farming is easier solo when you don't have reliable div mates who share the carrying load. 

Common misperception is that div'ing improves all your stats. It doesn't. Div'ing with good players only improves WR% unless you're running a fishing or troll div. 

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles
9 hours ago, Kombat_W0MBAT said:

Top XP and damage farming is easier solo when you don't have reliable div mates who share the carrying load. 

Common misperception is that div'ing improves all your stats. It doesn't. Div'ing with good players only improves WR% unless you're running a fishing or troll div. 

Easier if you are a good DD player who knows how to get caps and do at least 50k damage  or better, yeah you can role up the XP no sweat.

Maybe your right but in the games I am subjected to the ones who finish at the top for XP are the ones in a div not the ones who are not.

Even the loosing teams top XP players are normally the Div they had.

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles
On 1/23/2018 at 6:05 AM, GUNSTAR_THE_LEGEND said:

Easier if you are a good DD player who knows how to get caps and do at least 50k damage  or better, yeah you can role up the XP no sweat.

Kombat_W0MBAT that you replied to is most probably the very best DD player in this game. He’s totally right about stats taking a hit when you division with good players, your division mates having to share damage and kills with you.

Edited by Ramsalot

Members
1,651 posts
20,684 battles
35 minutes ago, Veksha said:

Kombat_W0MBAT that you replied to us most probably the very best DD player in this game.  He’s totally right about stats taking a hit when you division with good players, your division mates having to share damage and kills with you.

I am extremely aware of who he is.

But just because he is a great player and things come easier to him even if he plays Solo.

That does not mean it relates to every other player in the game.

As I said the games I play when there is a Division the Division the majority of the time takes the top XP spots.

So yeah they are sharing but they are also getting because they are all carrying the most damage, kills, and caps etc etc.

Which leads to the most XP.

A solo player who has to carry the whole team also has no one to help divide the focus of attention they get.

Therefore they spend more time trying to as Wombat said farm XP and Damage under fire than if they had players to share that attention with.

So i would not say it is easier and even harder when you are not trying to farm anything but trying to Win is your main focus.