You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Raven114

What happened to lighting and other effects

7 comments in this topic

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

I have been here since the game went online. It seems as the time goes by many of the things that enhance the immersion goes away. 1. Lighting there was a time when weather was coming in you would see Lighting strikes here and there. 2. Cyclones use to darken the sky and the weather would sock you in for a minute or two it was very realistic, that's gone. 3. AA on ships, CBT guys told me ships lit up with AA fire at the beginning, it was alright last year but just seems to slowly disappear. 3. Ocean effect's there was a patch last year were the ocean looked great very enhanced, Now is seems we went back to the plastic looking water. 4. Sound effects, Last year during patches you were happy to tell us about some sound enhancements and the gun fire and background sounds were fantastic. but now most of the sound has gotten a little flat, at one time we herd the wind in the rigging and faded voices on the ship, all gone. The gunfire is flat. I am sure there are a lot of things I am missing so if you guy's have anything point it out.

Pigeon of War what Happened??????

Edited by Raven114
  • Cool 1

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

You know now that you mention it, I was thinking about that last night when we have a cyclone roll in.  The only difference I noticed was the warning and info that my spotting range was reduced.   I was thinking then and there that I sure missed when Cyclones darkened the sky and made everything foreboding and threatening.  Heck you could barely see islands through the mists.  Without this effect, Cyclones just seem annoying.

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
20 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

You know now that you mention it, I was thinking about that last night when we have a cyclone roll in.  The only difference I noticed was the warning and info that my spotting range was reduced.   I was thinking then and there that I sure missed when Cyclones darkened the sky and made everything foreboding and threatening.  Heck you could barely see islands through the mists.  Without this effect, Cyclones just seem annoying.

I noticed this also. Got dark and lightning strikes to make it look ominous.

[CAPGO]
Members
775 posts
12,369 battles

Hmm.. I am not a veteran player.. joined this game just last year.. but as you mention it.. I do notice some changes that dulled out the experience visually and audibly.. is this placebo effect?

Last game I had cyclone, I couldn't tell that we were hit with a cyclone if not the sign. It looked exactly the same with it.

Edited by 0806sung

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

You're right.  I just had a cyclone game yesterday. . . minimal effects.  It kinda bugged me at the back of my mind, but I was busy at the time.  What gives WG?  Bring back all the extra special effects!

[NYAAR]
[NYAAR]
Members
4,796 posts
20,727 battles

I recently moved WoWS to a new computer. The old one had the graphics dialed way down to play better, but I've cranked them back up with the new.

I'm seeing great graphics and darkend skies in Cyclones, so I guess I have to ask: Have any of you verified your settings? What level are your graphics set at? Are you running the 'Ultra' Audio?

Its possible that maybe one of the updates reset or flipped your settings.