You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
NephKieger

Musashi Gamepley

17 comments in this topic

[LEM0N]
Members
29 posts
6,839 battles

Okay, i have been playing the Musashi to get a feel for her. Her stats seem to okay. In a ranking order she is towards the Middle-bottom. (1st-Missouri, 2nd-Iowa, 3rd-Lion, 4th-Musashi, 5th-FDG, 6th-Izumo) 

As the games stack up I have seen some really random games. 150k+ damage, a few kills, team wins. Then the same with the fact of the NA servers of team fails to support each other, damage suffers from having to try and survive over getting clean shots, no kills, and a lose at the end.

Pro

--460 mm shells

Con

--Horrible dispersion for a T9 (said to be 1.8 stigma)

--Little(T8-) to no AA(T9/T10)(***1)

--Credits and XP gain is low for being a premium and being the ship that is supposed to replace the Missouri

--No special perk other than being x2 better than the tree ship

Musashi has some RNG issues as the main problem keeping her from being one of the ships people have to watch for. The 460mm shells are deadly but with the dispersion and low RNG its a ship you don't have to worry showing a little to much broadside to at a decent distance away(***2). I would say wait until WG actually buffs her a little or gives her something to be worth playing over the Missouri or just rushing through the T9 Izumo to get the better ship Yamato.(***3) 

Through my playing and testing of her I would say a few buffs to get her to be more useful, the soon Missouri is leaving and will be the only buy able free exp ship. The dispersion factor also hinders you from making more money as of right now to because you might land 25%-30% of your shells a game (doesn't mean great damage).

For those who LOVE the Yamato and its play style you will feel right at home in the Musashi

***ETC***

1--For the AA you can shoot down some planes but most of the time you might get 1 or 2 out of a full attack run by a CV with T8 or lower planes, but with T9/T10 planes you might get 1 if not none. Buffing the AA with captain skills could be looked at to getting a few more but I do believe that there are better skills to keep you alive or help your play than the AA skills

2--The point of saying decent distance away is around the 12km+ your dispersion might get you a lucky citadel or more than 2 or 3 pens but your looking at missing/bounces or overpens. 

3--By all means you will have RNG that favors you some games and have the Yamato style groupings but it would better to just get the Yamato over the Musashi and on top of that you will have the better AA.

Edited by RohkTheron
  • Meh 1

Members
2,377 posts
16,938 battles

Hate to tell you this, but the dispersion isn't bad at all amongst T9 BBs. It's the same or slightly better.  All T9 BBs have 1.8 sigma save the Iowa class battleships, which have 1.9 sigma. However, Iowa and Missouri have a larger dispersion elipse to go with their 1.9 sigma, even with the accuracy mod installed, so it evens out.

Credits are not low for a premium. They are around 12.8% more than Tirpitz and 75% of Missouri (which is still very good!). In other words, they're the same as what a T9 premium should have for credit earning.

Edited by thegamefilmguruman

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

You should read littlewhitemouses review for some pointers and some of the data she gathered showing the accuracy is actually the best for a t9 bb.

[LEM0N]
Members
29 posts
6,839 battles

I don't care about another review since this is my review of the ship as i have played it with a 19 capt and all flags for this experiment.

The Musashi is supposed to replace the Missouri which makes around 100k-200k more credits pre game, and even on a GREAT game i haven barely topped 800k credits but with the Missouri that's easily over 1 mil. If you don't want to touch the dispersion which is the only thing i see as a problem atm then a modifier needs to be added to make the same.

As it stands there's NO reason to play the Musashi over the Missouri or going straight to the Yamato which has the best stigma in game. 

***ETC***

1--You can say the fact its a Yamato size ship with armor, health, and the guns is a perk but the fact being its not something unique to help people play her unless they don't own the Missouri and won't be able to get her before the end of the time frame given by WG

Edited by RohkTheron

Members
321 posts
3,242 battles

I love musashi, whenever I see one I just know Im about to get one of the easiest dev strikes of my life.

Members
10 posts
4,182 battles

I've been looking for a post like this to add my unasked for input.

I bought the Musashi with great joy, really was looking forward to this ship. But I cant help but feel disappointed.

RNG blessings must be granted for this ship, the pure randomness for this ship's success is unlike any ship I've played so far.

Borderline German BB dispersion and inaccuracy, long flight times (its a feature of the gun type and shells but had to add), weird damage output. Ive never been more amazed by results in this ship. I've had multiple overpens do citadel type damage (4 to 1) but 3 Pen's with just 7kish damage or even 2 Pens with less than 5K or even zero damage. The amount of "wth" shots are strong and numerous. 

I understand having to downgrade the Yamato's sister ship to meet T9, but good God this thing's AA and secondaries make Baby Seals cry. It was nerfed too hard, using the Live server players as test babies to see if it's "OP" or not. If you want(ed) this ships to club T7 players, don't bother, you don't see many of those battles, and if you do, its usually just a couple.

Its kinda funny, the 460mm shell is supposed to over match basically anything, but yet, its more of a "probably."

The economy it generates is nowhere near the potency of the Missouri.

One of the reasons I had to have this ship is the assumed coin output in a slot to be filled by the soon departed MO. From what I've seen, it doesnt hold a candle. You need to have every known flag and camo (for coin) and a solid credits camo along with a fantastic game to accomplish high credit production. Mediocre games with just a few credit type flags and stock camo will produce 300k-400k. In short, it sucks for what it's supposed to be.

I believe this ship needs a few minor buffs to make it a real competitor. At least give it's AA and Secondaries some help, boost AA damage output by a good 10-20 percent... Midways just eat this ship alive with no defense against it at all, often not even a single TB shot down. On top of that the 155mm secondaries' rate of fire is disgusting, stock or fully built, so for love of close range DD defense...

The best thing I can say about the Musashi is... it forces me to play it way too much compared to other ships because my now unnatural obsession with playing this ship to mastery levels is unquenchable. lol

If I could do it all over again, I think I'd freeXP my way to the Yamato.

And to the guy above with the "easy DevStrikes..." he sure is right, hit that spot, even angled, just right, and watch that beautiful Citadel ribbon pop up on the right. Stupid, weird Yamushi armor scheme... either bounces shells with great joy or eats Citadels like its homeless and won a free buffet lunch.

• Funny 1

[LEM0N]
Members
29 posts
6,839 battles
On 1/30/2018 at 1:50 AM, manon45 said:

I love musashi, whenever I see one I just know Im about to get one of the easiest dev strikes of my life.

Its got the same armor as Yamato so if you can dev strike one of them then its the same deal, and with the playstyle the Musashi requires to do any damage because of its dispersion i have seen some get that achieve on her.

20 hours ago, AtreidesN7 said:

I bought the Musashi with great joy, really was looking forward to this ship. But I cant help but feel disappointed.

RNG blessings must be granted for this ship, the pure randomness for this ship's success is unlike any ship I've played so far.

Borderline German BB dispersion and inaccuracy, long flight times (its a feature of the gun type and shells but had to add), weird damage output. Ive never been more amazed by results in this ship. I've had multiple overpens do citadel type damage (4 to 1) but 3 Pen's with just 7kish damage or even 2 Pens with less than 5K or even zero damage. The amount of "wth" shots are strong and numerous. 

I understand having to downgrade the Yamato's sister ship to meet T9, but good God this thing's AA and secondaries make Baby Seals cry. It was nerfed too hard, using the Live server players as test babies to see if it's "OP" or not. If you want(ed) this ships to club T7 players, don't bother, you don't see many of those battles, and if you do, its usually just a couple.

Its kinda funny, the 460mm shell is supposed to over match basically anything, but yet, its more of a "probably."

One of the reasons I had to have this ship is the assumed coin output in a slot to be filled by the soon departed MO. From what I've seen, it doesnt hold a candle. You need to have every known flag and camo (for coin) and a solid credits camo along with a fantastic game to accomplish high credit production. Mediocre games with just a few credit type flags and stock camo will produce 300k-400k. In short, it sucks for what it's supposed to be.

I believe this ship needs a few minor buffs to make it a real competitor. At least give it's AA and Secondaries some help, boost AA damage output by a good 10-20 percent... Midways just eat this ship alive with no defense against it at all, often not even a single TB shot down. On top of that the 155mm secondaries' rate of fire is disgusting, stock or fully built, so for love of close range DD defense...

The best thing I can say about the Musashi is... it forces me to play it way too much compared to other ships because my now unnatural obsession with playing this ship to mastery levels is unquenchable. lol

And to the guy above with the "easy DevStrikes..." he sure is right, hit that spot, even angled, just right, and watch that beautiful Citadel ribbon pop up on the right. Stupid, weird Yamushi armor scheme... either bounces shells with great joy or eats Citadels like its homeless and won a free buffet lunch.

You are one of a handful that actually understand how this ship is balance wise. Everyone I see keeps saying oh happy OP ship inc or some stupid line about its broken. I did a bounce the other day for 6.4k, a BOUNCE for over 6k dmg. "WHAT THE HELL" came out of my mouth has as facepalmed using my keyboard. I really don't think the ship has the true 460mm guns. I really feel the so called "testers" and streamer/youtube people have gotten way to much say in the ships when they are coming out because I don't feel great playing a ship that is THIS big and needing to do CA movement to do damage or survive.

[BS]
Members
2,044 posts
12,778 battles

Yeah, the big hitpool is just a crutch for Musashi...Deceptive. It feels like a stock hull tier 8 ship, with its proportions enlarged... with average at best gun accuracy.

I think it needs 1.9 sigma and reduce hitpool to normal tier 9 levels or something

Edited by HorrorRoach

Members
1,533 posts
12,151 battles
On 2/19/2018 at 10:02 PM, AtreidesN7 said:

If you catch a Yamato just right at close range, under the forward turret, you can delete it just as easily(using Moskva, as my example). Don't get too close into brawling distance and watch those armor angles. I don't have Musashi yet, but Yamato appears very similar from what I have seen in games.

Members
321 posts
3,242 battles
On 2/20/2018 at 4:26 PM, RohkTheron said:

Its got the same armor as Yamato so if you can dev strike one of them then its the same deal, and with the playstyle the Musashi requires to do any damage because of its dispersion i have seen some get that achieve on her.

Musashis citadel is actually higher than yamatos so its a bit easier to citadel, but yeah yamato is also a really easy dev strike.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,665 posts
12,559 battles
4 hours ago, manon45 said:

Musashis citadel is actually higher than yamatos so its a bit easier to citadel, but yeah yamato is also a really easy dev strike.

Insignificant difference. There is no situation that allows the Yamato to take any less citadels than the Musashi.

Members
321 posts
3,242 battles
11 hours ago, Vader_Sama said:

Insignificant difference. There is no situation that allows the Yamato to take any less citadels than the Musashi.

And as I already said, yamato is also a really easy dev strike, it might look good in theory but practically its about as flawed as a maus.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,665 posts
12,559 battles
3 hours ago, manon45 said:

And as I already said, yamato is also a really easy dev strike, it might look good in theory but practically its about as flawed as a maus.

Because whenever people mention about Musashi's "higher" citadel, it implies that it has a direct impact on the Musashi's survivability when in reality it's practically the same.

Just like being 6' tall is perceived to be "much" taller than someone who is 5'11"

[LEM0N]
Members
29 posts
6,839 battles
On 2/21/2018 at 3:11 PM, HazeGrayUnderway said:

LOL I'll take Musashi's gun performance at range than all other BBs except Yamato herself and Montana!

the dispersion plays huge factors at all ranges so it falls on RNG for succesful shots, yes the 460mm shells help to a point but with the current stat values i want to say they need worked on for i just got a 6.4k bounce 

[NGA-C]
Members
247 posts
1,885 battles

It's a slightly nerfed Yamato with torps. Not to mention it will print credits even if it's not as good as Missouri.

[LEM0N]
Members
29 posts
6,839 battles
On 2/27/2018 at 9:53 PM, theskull251 said:

It's a slightly nerfed Yamato with torps. Not to mention it will print credits even if it's not as good as Missouri.

What torps???? you really don't know what your talking about. Its not slightly nerfed either. its heavenly nerfed to where it would preform better at T8 than T9 that requires 750,000 free xp