You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Yessuah

Torpedo change, and a few other issues

21 comments in this topic

[T_G_C]
[T_G_C]
Beta Testers
8 posts
4,290 battles

ok its getting really old , the babies cried years ago about torpedo arming times , so wargaming  listened now we got torpedos that arm as soon as they hit the water, this is garbage, this does not happen, I did some reading and when torpedos were experimental the reason there is an arming timer is because when they first tried them theyd detonate when they hit the water due to temperature differences witch set them off and theyd damage their own ships,  arming timers need to be brought back as now theres no skill needed at all to use torpedos,  people with not one ounce of skill just throw them out there in hopes they hit something, this is not fun gameplay or fair gameplay , you need some skill to shoot ship guns to hit another ship ergo there should be the timers back on torpedos so that a player actually has to figure things out a bit , this is not a game for babies which it has become, its just like this strafing crap, planes do not or are not at all capable of that kind of manouver in air, its not worth it to play carriers anymore cause of this, its time wargaming stops ruining the game with this stupid crap just cause babies that dont know how to play cause they either not smart enough or just not skilled enough no matter what they do, this would mean the games not for them, this is not supposed to be a game for kids or cry babies that needs stuff made so its easy for them, we also could use a subscription format brought to this game as this would get rid of most of the braty children, troublemaking children and the non such idiots that just want to ruin the game for the rest of us, id be willing to pay 100$/mth for a subscription just to try to alieviate this nuisance problem, especially how the brats abuse the chat and do nothing but complain for stupid reasons which get a persons chat turned off for a day, the subscription has the potential to lessen this problem.

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 6

[PSA]
Members
5,118 posts
3,754 battles

Have you considered using paragraphs? It really helps the rest of us read this.

Also, Learn2Play.

• Cool 3

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
4,191 posts
12,721 battles
47 minutes ago, Yessuah said:

ok its getting really old , the babies cried years ago about torpedo arming times , so wargaming  listened now we got torpedos that arm as soon as they hit the water, this is garbage, this does not happen, I did some reading and when torpedos were experimental the reason there is an arming timer is because when they first tried them theyd detonate when they hit the water due to temperature differences witch set them off and theyd damage their own ships,  arming timers need to be brought back as now theres no skill needed at all to use torpedos,  people with not one ounce of skill just throw them out there in hopes they hit something, this is not fun gameplay or fair gameplay , you need some skill to shoot ship guns to hit another ship ergo there should be the timers back on torpedos so that a player actually has to figure things out a bit , this is not a game for babies which it has become, its just like this strafing crap, planes do not or are not at all capable of that kind of manouver in air, its not worth it to play carriers anymore cause of this, its time wargaming stops ruining the game with this stupid crap just cause babies that dont know how to play cause they either not smart enough or just not skilled enough no matter what they do, this would mean the games not for them, this is not supposed to be a game for kids or cry babies that needs stuff made so its easy for them, we also could use a subscription format brought to this game as this would get rid of most of the braty children, troublemaking children and the non such idiots that just want to ruin the game for the rest of us, id be willing to pay 100$/mth for a subscription just to try to alieviate this nuisance problem, especially how the brats abuse the chat and do nothing but complain for stupid reasons which get a persons chat turned off for a day, the subscription has the potential to lessen this problem.

Have you or do you play DD's ?  All the ones I play ( two tier 5 ; a tier 6 {these three are premiums} a tier 9 and just recently the tier 10 PA DD ) have an arming distance .  And my best hit ratio with torps is 12% . And I do not consider myself a more then just above average player .

:Smile_honoring:

[--V--]
Members
1,602 posts
14,841 battles
11 minutes ago, Chien_Lu_Anderman said:

Have you or do you play DD's ?  All the ones I play ( two tier 5 ; a tier 6 {these three are premiums} a tier 9 and just recently the tier 10 PA DD ) have an arming distance .  And my best hit ratio with torps is 12% . And I do not consider myself a more then just above average player .

:Smile_honoring:

Not only does he probably 'not' play DDs, he probably doesn't realize the distance-compression WG uses for this game.  What looks like 50 yds in the game is actually, per distance-compression almost 1,000 meters.  That's a kilometer for the OP.   1km.  Or perhaps more.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
1 hour ago, Yessuah said:

ok its getting really old , the babies cried years ago about torpedo arming times , so wargaming  listened now we got torpedos that arm as soon as they hit the water

Wrong, Torpedoes do have an arming distance. Just because it's not the 5km that you probably hope for, it doesn't mean that there is nothing.

1 hour ago, Yessuah said:

its just like this strafing crap, planes do not or are not at all capable of that kind of manouver in air, its not worth it to play carriers anymore cause of this, its time wargaming stops ruining the game with this stupid crap just cause babies that dont know how to play cause they either not smart enough or just not skilled enough no matter what they do, this would mean the games not for them, this is not supposed to be a game for kids or cry babies that needs stuff made so its easy for them

Actually strafes require more skill than just poiunting and clicking onto a target...

• Cool 1

[O_O]
Members
7,891 posts
22,041 battles
2 hours ago, Yessuah said:

babies...this is garbage...people with not one ounce of skill...game for babies...stupid crap...babies...kids or cry babies...braty children, troublemaking children and the non such idiots...brats...

id be willing to pay 100$/mth for a subscription just to try to alieviate this nuisance problem

It must be nice being rich, Mr. Moneybags.  Unfortunately, at $100/mo the player base would be comprised of...you.  And that's about it.  Brilliant solution...you sure you thought that one all the way through?

By the way, do you play DD's at all?  I assume not, or you would be aware that torpedoes DO NOT arm immediately.  When aiming torpedoes, the aiming arc is not green close in to the ship, because the torpedoes aren't armed yet.  CV torpedoes also have a run time before arming.

Edited by desmo_2

[HINON]
Members
2,642 posts
7,936 battles

qD8ru25.gif

Torpedoes do have an arming distance, it is less than a km but it is there. 

JpeRd9P.jpg

See where the yellow aiming indicator starts? That is the arming distance, it is only as long as needed to avoid the ship being able to turn into its own torps.

I imagine you got drive by torped by a dd coming around a corner at point blank and are now salty.

Beta Testers
1,670 posts
10,961 battles

If you let a DD get close enough to point blank torp you... you screwed up big.  Or the DD did, but managed to make it pay off.

Plus, tbh, the German CA/BB's with torps are ships even more likely to drop torps at close range in a brawl.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
11,528 battles
41 minutes ago, RiverTheIdiot said:

Yeh lets have ships with 4km torpedos that arm after 5! What an amazing destoryer that would be!

Was thinking that when his rant first appeared.

Edited by Cpt_Cupcake
grammar

Members
3,062 posts
25,648 battles
6 minutes ago, Cpt_Cupcake said:

Was thinking that when this rant first appeared.

Yes cuz lets see. Storozehovi, smith, tachibana, derski. Izy, sampson, wickes, clemson, nicholas, farragut, podvoisky, gnevy, minsk, kiev (6km ones), svietlana, kirov, murmansk, kransy, makarov, molotov, budyonny, schors, chappy, donskoi, pheonix, omaha, marblehead, tenryu, kuma, furutaka (furutaka is 7km right? Cant remember), caledon, danae, emreald, leander, perth, haunghe, tirpitz, scharnhorst, gneis, v-35,v-170,g-101, T-22, Gaede, Kamikaze, Kamikaze R, Fujin, yubari, katori, hoso, zuiho, ryujio, hiryu, kaga, shokaku, taiho, hakakryu, langley, bouge, independance, ranger, saipan, lexington, enterprise, essex, midway, fraint, dougay.

all these ships would have the torpedo capabilities royally fcked considering the range for torpedos would be too short or simply just absolutely Trash leaving 1kmish to actually kill something

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

Since the answer for torpedo arming distance was already answered...here's a picture of a squad of ducks.

14dbf6195f5cc0b4e7e9bcc772eba16b--outdoo

[NUGZZ]
Members
574 posts
3,134 battles

You complain about babies, yet your grammar and structure is on par with one. 

Also, I'm not paying $100/Month to play a video game. Thats more than I pay for Internet. 

The hell is wrong with you?  This may be the worst post I've ever read here. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,229 battles
4 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Longest.

Sentence.

Evar.

, . and ? are OP

• Cool 1

Members
1,140 posts
8,387 battles

Apart from CV play (before which I bow in awe), landing torpedoes with any consistency is about the highest-skill offensive mechanic this game has to offer.  Shooting battleship shells, you're predicting turns a few seconds out - but rudders don't shift instantly.  Launching torpedoes, you are trying to predict where someone is going to be roughly a minute from now.  If you make it easy on the opponent DDs, if you make that white indicator completely reliable, that's on you.

• Cool 1

[WOLFB]
Members
2,906 posts
11,222 battles
6 hours ago, KaptainKaybe said:

Have you considered using paragraphs? It really helps the rest of us read this.

Also, Learn2Play.

Or sentences, even. Worst case of run-on Turret's I've ever seen! 

Edited by Thornir

[CHPYV]
Members
21 posts
2,584 battles
5 hours ago, Kuckoo said:

Longest.

Sentence.

Evar.

Lol just noticed that it's actually just one long sentence

Members
3,062 posts
25,648 battles
1 hour ago, Lillehuntrix said:

Apart from CV play (before which I bow in awe), landing torpedoes with any consistency is about the highest-skill offensive mechanic this game has to offer.  Shooting battleship shells, you're predicting turns a few seconds out - but rudders don't shift instantly.  Launching torpedoes, you are trying to predict where someone is going to be roughly a minute from now.  If you make it easy on the opponent DDs, if you make that white indicator completely reliable, that's on you.

Thats how i got my 180k dmg game in my kami... was only dd in and BB Babies sailed staright all day long... nearly lost too