You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VVoony

My wife gifted me the Roma and it's a blast.

13 comments in this topic

[CAPGO]
Members
775 posts
12,369 battles

Best ship I got recently!

My first game was a blast.

The bote is ton of fun and it actually performs very well.

It earns a lot of credits too 

Sorry I had to brag little bit :)

Edited by 0806sung
  • Cool 2

[WPS]
Members
4,181 posts
9,619 battles

I think the part that is most bragging about this entire post is "my wife gifted me."

Pretty sure my wife might gift me a knife in the back if she knew how much I've spent on this game!

• Cool 2
  • Funny 8

[SIM]
Members
6,307 posts
10,286 battles

Congratulations! My wife barely tolerates my continued playing of the game, and would never do anything to support it! :Smile_teethhappy:

[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,177 posts
15,765 battles
28 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

I think the part that is most bragging about this entire post is "my wife gifted me."

Pretty sure my wife might gift me a knife in the back if she knew how much I've spent on this game!

Can I have your stuff?

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
34 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Was she the one that was down shopping at the  renaissance festivals and Celtic festivals. She might have been the one that was taking greatinterest in the various knives, swords, and particularly the medieval torture devices.

Here is how you make money in this world, First you or family get licensed to perform weddings, you also make sure you have family with a legal degree. Next either you or close family member be big into selling various weapons, you sell the wife the sword and then you sell the husband the helmet and shield so he can try to explain things before his wife kills him. Then you also have a counseling clinic in town as well.

Abd that's how you do war profiteering in the modern world and earn far more steady income since military conflicts come and go and people that run those are so finicky about what they want. But domestic drama that never ends in the world. Hmm I should really get into writing self help books I might just be good at it! :cap_haloween:

• Funny 2

Members
698 posts
1,081 battles
56 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

How does it compare to Cesare?

It's stealthy like Cesare, and has a nice premium camo with good speed. The guns aren't as accurate but the armor is incredible. It shares the same high citadel, and lacks AA. I quite like man but some people will really dislike the troll guns.

Banned
2,229 posts
11,923 battles

My wife gifted me an SVS PC-4000 but I have to wait a few weeks since they don't start shipping till next month. But I'm sure it will be a blast... literally and figuratively. 

Think I'm going to have to move the China to a safer location... and the next door neighbors. 

[SYN]
Members
5,947 posts
13,808 battles
2 hours ago, 0806sung said:

Best ship I got recently!

My first game was a blast.

The bote is ton of fun and it actually performs very well.

It earns a lot of credits too 

Sorry I had to brag little bit :)

Brag on!

Your wife is awesome.  :Smile_great:

• Cool 1

[CAPGO]
Members
775 posts
12,369 battles
10 hours ago, TheDreadnought said:

How does it compare to Cesare?

I think Cesare is more reliable ship.

Roma is very tricky ship in many situation. I thought gun performance was much better than I have thought to be after reading so many bad reviews about its dispersion.

Yes, it's not IJN and yes it some times gives me a middle finger firing on a broadside enemy cruiser at 6km. But it was nothing bad like I deemed.Some salvos went really tight. I think the fact that I've been playing German BBs recently contributed too. many reviewers compared Roma's dispersion to German BBs and I can tell you for sure that it's not true. troll-ish but not as bad as German BBs.

The real tricky part is the armor. I think if you have good idea about how Roma's armor works, it's gonna work great. Just don't give broadside to enemy battleships and Roma will tank a lot of shells. Stay angled and Roma is a fortress.

I cannot say Roma is tolerating ship though. It will punish you for your miss-position unlike Cesare. Especially when I am playing vs. Tier Xs.

Cesare doesn't compete with such powerful opponents and everything about Cesare says reliable performance while Roma is more tricky pony.

its most weakenss is the AA... if there is CV in the game, most of the Roma's strengths quickly fades.

At the end, sailing in the Roma was a very fun experience and it had its strengths and the gun felt better than I expected. So... I was very happy with the gift I got.

Oh and the credit earning is very good with the Kobayashi camo and I did not get an eye cancer from the beer can. I just stay zoomed in most of the game.

Edited by 0806sung