You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
warpath_33

My Shiny New Shiratsuyu

10 comments in this topic

Members
1,273 posts
6,554 battles

That TRB is so fun! Launched a salvo at a Colorado and my second at a Fuso further away and hit Colorado with one, an Emerald with one, and the Fuso with two. Slow as a brick though so you can't get away from anything since you give up smoke for torpedo spam.

Anything I should know about the boat?

Edit:

I'm using MAM1, SGM2, MBM2, and I'm getting the rudder shift module when I scrape together enough credits. I have a nine point captain with Priority target, Last Stand, Superintendent, and I plan to get Concealment Expert, Torpedo Armament Expertise, Expert Marksman, and some other skill.

Edited by warpath_33
  • Cool 1

[HINON]
[HINON]
Members
2,486 posts
29,169 battles

It is a fun ship.  Not quite as good as when it had smoke AND a TRB, but still fun.

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Beta Testers
2,557 posts
15,229 battles

I wish they kept TRB in different slot and made it 30 second reload. Right now, T7 to T9 on that branch play almost exactly the same, just in different level of competitive environments. They all have 2x4 with TRB for smoke. They are all slow as slug. You only gain better concealment and torps going up the tiers.

Once you get to Yugumo, there's no reason to keep or play the 2 prior ships. Other than for ranked, that is.

Members
842 posts
8,155 battles
19 hours ago, chewonit said:

I wish they kept TRB in different slot and made it 30 second reload. Right now, T7 to T9 on that branch play almost exactly the same, just in different level of competitive environments. They all have 2x4 with TRB for smoke. They are all slow as slug. You only gain better concealment and torps going up the tiers.

Once you get to Yugumo, there's no reason to keep or play the 2 prior ships. Other than for ranked, that is.

Besides fixing IJN torps as a whole, yeah, there does need to be some better differentiation between the T7, T8, and T9 IJN DDs. And they all need a concealment buff, given the major power creep from other DDs.

Here's what I'd do:

Shiratsuyu:   Replace the 1-gun turret with a 2-gun one, in the standard A-X-Y configuration, with the X turret rear-facing and superfiring, not the stupid arrangement it is now. Decrease the gun reload time to 7.0 seconds, and make them the standard dual-purpose mounts (so they contribute to AA).   Keep the TRB or Smoke option. No change in Concealment.

Ataksuki:  Drop the concealment from 7.4 (which is stupidly large) to 6.6. Drop it from 3x2 turrets to 2x2.  Basically, make it a faster Fubuki with slightly better concealment. No TRB. Give it one more smoke (base 3 not 2).

Kagero:  allow it to mount BOTH TRB and Smoke, but NO Speed Boost. Drop the concealment slightly, to 6.7 from 6.85.

Yugumo:   Keep the TRB or Smoke option, +3 knots on speed, +1 to each of the two torp launchers (2x5 not 2x4). Drop the concealment from 7.0 to 6.8.

Shima:  drop the concealment from 7.4 to 7.0. Give it another smoke recharge (3 instead of 2). Drop the turning radius from 690 to 660.

This would restore them all to the position they're supposed to be: the stealthiest ship in the tier, with torpedoes to be feared, and yet be somewhat different in playstyle (though, fundamentally, they're all going to be torp boats, because that's their purpose).

Edited by EAnybody
  • Cool 2

Members
482 posts
25,432 battles

Even with the TRL or smoke nerf she's still fun to play although higher risk. But I find myself doing about same damage on average.