Jump to content
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Super_Tactical_Droid

Should clan division members be able to face off against each other in random battles?

67 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
550 posts
6,157 battles

Case in point just got out of a battle where 4 members of a clan called BOATZ qued up together in 2 divisions and managed to face off against each other. Should there be some sort of tos rule about this because if this clan wanted to they could all just be on ts and just telling each other where everyone is to on the map. For example see below. We won but I still don't think this should happen either mm or perhaps tos. Thoughts?

Untitled.jpg

Untitled2.jpg

  • Meh 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,421
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,183 posts
15,765 battles
15 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

We do this all the time it doesn't hamper the battle in any way I see We Kill the reds.

This, the Gray Wolves do it all the time and we are often on the same channel. We also go with Red is Dead doing our best to win for our side, no going into the tank.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
328
[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

Could they rig it?  Sure.  Does it happen?  Probably from time to time.  But it's not something most players engage in, and given the limitations of the number of players online at any given time, the alternative is for a single clan to possibly have 2-3 coordinated divisions on the same team on a regular basis.  I'd sooner take the chance that some people are poor sports than guarantee that one team has a major advantage.  It would be very frustrating to know that if a clan sync drops into the queue they're nearly guaranteed to get on the same team and I would stop playing if I saw it happening regularly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
485 posts
15,274 battles

Same.  Some clans have a thing called standards.  If I see any from my clan on the opposing side I make a point to tell my team that is who to focus. :Smile_izmena:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
674 posts
1,254 battles

If anything, I would suspect Bunker clan would act just like we do on tanks...we can't wait to kill each other if we are on opposite teams. You should be more concerned that I might throw my ship away focusing on a clan mate rather than helping him. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
866 posts
8,847 battles
Just now, Icecaptain said:

Same.  Some clans have a thing called standards.  If I see any from my clan on the opposing side I make a point to tell my team that is who to focus. :Smile_izmena:

SOME do, MOST do not.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,421
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,183 posts
15,765 battles
4 minutes ago, Icecaptain said:

Same.  Some clans have a thing called standards.  If I see any from my clan on the opposing side I make a point to tell my team that is who to focus. :Smile_izmena:

 

3 minutes ago, JochenHeiden said:

MOST do, SOME do not.

FTFY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,109
[CRZ13]
Members
1,912 posts
8,727 battles
5 minutes ago, JochenHeiden said:

I think you have an overly positive outlook on human nature.  For the most part, human beings are trash.

Well, this goes a long way towards explaining why you dislike social interaction.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1
[WKY10]
Members
41 posts
7,911 battles

We do it in the USNGL clan all the time too on the hopes of playing together, then if we are opposite teams we change our ts rooms to play without throwing the game. 

Edited by Razorback_Chief
Typos

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,889
[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles

What could possibly go wrong...?

zZFRmww.jpg

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,562
[SYN]
Members
8,292 posts
14,496 battles

When I see a clan mate (or any community member I know) I am even more competitive, wanting to kill and beat them.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,889
[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles
1 minute ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

When I see a clan mate (or any community member I know) I am even more competitive, wanting to kill and beat them.

^This. The only time I won't is when I see a super tester trying to test a new ship, in which I'll leave them in relative peace (as oppose to succumbing to the "must kill new bote" fever).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
678 posts
362 battles
31 minutes ago, BullpupWOT said:

If anything, I would suspect Bunker clan would act just like we do on tanks...we can't wait to kill each other if we are on opposite teams. You should be more concerned that I might throw my ship away focusing on a clan mate rather than helping him. 

 

:Smile_izmena:

 

 

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10,399
[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles
17 hours ago, DemonW0lf said:

Case in point just got out of a battle where 4 members of a clan called BOATZ qued up together in 2 divisions and managed to face off against each other. Should there be some sort of tos rule about this because if this clan wanted to they could all just be on ts and just telling each other where everyone is to on the map. For example see below. We won but I still don't think this should happen either mm or perhaps tos. Thoughts?

This happens commonly with sync drops which usually fail. 99% of clans hunt each other enthusiastically, I know we do. Red is red and must be killed, it doesn't matter who is running the ships. It is actually great fun to hunt your clan mates. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6,113
[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,316 battles
57 minutes ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

We do this all the time it doesn't hamper the battle in any way I see We Kill the reds.

 

53 minutes ago, BrushWolf said:

This, the Gray Wolves do it all the time and we are often on the same channel. We also go with Red is Dead doing our best to win for out side, no going into the tank.

 

52 minutes ago, HMCS_Devilfish said:

The first player I started shooting at was a clan member and sank them ... no mercy!

 

46 minutes ago, Icecaptain said:

Same.  Some clans have a thing called standards.  If I see any from my clan on the opposing side I make a point to tell my team that is who to focus. :Smile_izmena:

 

18 minutes ago, Kapitan_Wuff said:

When I see a clan mate (or any community member I know) I am even more competitive, wanting to kill and beat them.

 

It has been my experience that most clans, and their members, have integrity; and everyone likes to shoot their bro's! they're the best ones to lord it over and laugh with afterwards.

18 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

^This. The only time I won't is when I see a super tester trying to test a new ship, in which I'll leave them in relative peace (as oppose to succumbing to the "must kill new bote" fever).

This, however, is just wrong; all new boats must be killed first. Else how could I go brag to my bro's?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,889
[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles
Just now, GhostSwordsman said:

Having divisioned with a few of the HINON members before, everything lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

Funny, that's exactly what happened XD

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Beta Testers
4,982 posts
6,249 battles
35 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

What could possibly go wrong...?

zZFRmww.jpg

 

 

5 minutes ago, GhostSwordsman said:

Having divisioned with a few of the HINON members before, everything lol. :Smile_teethhappy:

 

4 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

 

Funny, that's exactly what happened XD

Screenshot_765.png?width=757&height=426

@ValkyrWarframe

@Jnobsir

@Carrier_Lexington

@Nuk_

@Admiral_Franz_von_Hipper

 

HiNon is sane. I swer.

  • Cool 1
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
440
[BLKHS]
Beta Testers
1,612 posts
8,174 battles

Our Clan, the BLKHS clan does it all the time.  Almost on a nightly basis.  We love it - but not at all because one division could throw the battle.  That's a ridiculous claim.

It is all about bragging rights and having your buddies on the other team that you can talk smack to. If anything players play with alot more passion when they are matching their skills and wits against clanmates....

Also, if you were trying to pad stats, why would you have one division throw a battle for another on the opposing side?  At best you'd come out with a 50% WR.  That's way below what most good players in clans are running for WR....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
2,066 posts
23,609 battles

When this happens in my clan we make sure we go to opposite caps to start switch channels on Discord then all bets are off. I've been 1 shot by a clan mate at 23km in a Yamato while in my Minotaur. Initial position then Red is dead. The best is lighting a bagillion fires on a clan mate while in my DD. In a way the taunting is way more fun when you are on chat and tell the other guy welp here comes your Dev strike LOL.

  • Cool 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9,421
[GWG]
[GWG]
Alpha Tester
29,183 posts
15,765 battles
43 minutes ago, Battleship_Orion said:

Well, the alternative is not all that better.

:thonk:

shot-18_01.17_23_11.28-0088.thumb.jpg.10ec192a405c029113db79809672007d.jpg

That is extremely rare and most of the time the MM put the clan divisions either in different matches or against each other.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×