Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
PirateRoberts

Game Freeze Bug

10 comments in this topic

[T-D-P]
Members
2 posts
359 battles

This is the worst glitch ever, and frankly it's very [edited]serious for any game to have anything like this. It's so bad that I can't even believe it exists and I'd rather believe I was hacked while playing. But obviously I wasn't hacked and the game just has a major design flaw somehow.

As soon as I launched my airplane fighter, the game froze. My camera disconnected from my [edited]ship somehow? And just stayed where my ship was when this happened. My ship was still under my control until it was out of my camera sight and then i have no clue what happened to it. The plane was stuck where it launched with the plane sound looping. The Mini map was [edited]frozen. Most of my team got annihilated on top of it? coincidence? And if you pay close attention to my PC time and the game time at top left you can see the clock is frozen at 18:40 for the game, but the PC time keeps on ticking. The game chat worked just fine in real time with everyone talking and the game resuming as if I was still there somehow. Ships were dying, and i was getting their death reports, TAB was showing the outcome of the battle.  When the game was over I got this [edited] black screen defeat screen. But not before I had a screen with scenery that was greyed out with nothing on it. When I went back to port All my ships were missing.

Fix this, I don't feel like playing if this even has a 1% chance of happening.

worst glitch ever.png

retaRDDglitch.png

bad.png

bad2.png

wow.png

wow2.png

noobed.png

noobed2.png

• Funny 1

[T-D-P]
Members
2 posts
359 battles

It might be related to ALT tabbing out of the game, with the game still running for many hours in the background.

But this should still be a none issue regardless. That tells me there is some form of resource hog/memory leak? that just increases and the only way to fix it is to exit the game and restart it if you had it running for a long time. I think in general when games are minimized and left to run in the background, the programmers find a way to put the program in sleep mode so nothing is happening. The other option is just to disconnect AFK people from the server/game itself.

Something definitely needs work. I left the game on all night minimized, and today the port just has a black screen, that says NO SHIPS, and it wont let me exit the game even, i have to alt ctrl del and end the process, and even then it's giving me a hard time to cancel the process. Still hasn't cancelled it yet.

Members
3 posts
1,319 battles

Exact same issue as the OP, resulting in a bunch of penalties. I uninstalled the game and won't be reinstalling unless this issue can be fixed. Are there any updates or solutions?

Members
3 posts
463 battles

I had this issue for a while, it went away for a few weeks, then an update later it came back. I don't think I can play this game anymore, I shouldn't have to quit every other match then attempt to rejoin because of its broken behavior. This has been an issue for some time now. This is game breaking.

Members
3 posts
1,319 battles

Hmm, do any of you who have had this issue also have a touchscreen? My touchscreen had been malfunctioning, so I disabled it and now I'm going to try again. Also going to try to install it through Steam, which is apparently an option now.

Edited by CmdrRup

Members
30 posts
5,449 battles

I had the exact same issue yesterday, but even more catastrophic, it happened to my ENTIRE TEAM (and only my team), at the same time!  I put up the replay if anyone is curious.  Interestingly enough, the CV on our team comments that his screen freeze happened just as his planes were taking off from his deck, like the OP stated happened to him.  Also note, that the replay is not entirely accurate.  My ship did not experience the freeze issue during the live game until several moments after my team mates commented about it chat, and my boat did not freeze at the location shown in the replay.  So whatever caused the issue, also caused the replay to record something different than what I experienced during the live game.

I am at a loss to explain how a game issue like this can affect an entire team, and only one team.  My hypothesis is that there is some sort of odd synchronization  issue here, and that it is somehow related to interface data (maybe interface graphics data?).  I am basing my hypothesis on long standing past observations of odd interface related issues, and new, recent (since the halloween patch) severe graphics bugs, mostly GUI related, and game crashes that I have been seeing.  (EDIT): Also note, I have been seeing the "Red Sky, no texture found" bug again recently.

Anyone got some good theories on what kind of issue can cause an entire team to have their screens freeze?

20191116_113258_PJSC034-Zao-1944_14_Atlantic.wowsreplay

Edited by Trigger_Happy_Jax

Members
3 posts
1,319 battles
On 11/16/2019 at 11:21 AM, CmdrRup said:

Hmm, do any of you who have had this issue also have a touchscreen? My touchscreen had been malfunctioning, so I disabled it and now I'm going to try again. Also going to try to install it through Steam, which is apparently an option now.

Whether it was disabling my touch screen or an update, the issue seems to be fixed, both in the Steam version and in the regular version.

Sign in to follow this