Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Happy668

HSF collection for Yamato camo, regular container drop chance too low

46 comments in this topic

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts

for two days, first 2 regular containers got nothing, yesterday the 3rd one dropped 1, today (and going forward) I don't have the time to get the 3rd container. at this rate, there's little chance I can complete the collection and get yamato camo. I do have the yamato and completed its missions, that got me 17 so far, but considering everyday I won't even get 1 character, plus the more I collect, the chance of duplicate goes sky high, I don't think I would be able to finish the collection in time. for those without the 4 special ships, good luck

I hope WG will increase the chance of regular container drop to at least 50% or higher

Edited by Happy668
  • Cool 2

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
6 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

for two days, first 2 regular containers got nothing, yesterday the 3rd one dropped 1, today (and going forward) I don't have the time to get the 3rd container. at this rate, there's little chance I can complete the collection and get yamato camo. I do have the yamato and completed its missions, that got me 17 so far, but considering everyday I won't even get 1 character, plus the more I collect, the chance of duplicate goes sky high, I don't think I would be able to finish the collection in time. for those without the 4 special ships, good luck

I hope WG will increase the chance of regular container drop to at least 50% or higher

Probably not going to happen but good luck on getting those last ones you need. Might have to buy a couple of containers to get the rest of the collection.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts
2 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Probably not going to happen but good luck on getting those last ones you need. Might have to buy a couple of containers to get the rest of the collection.

you can buy containers?

if I want to spend money, probably would be better to buy the 5k perma camo anyway that's better

Members
2,857 posts
9,224 battles
7 minutes ago, Happy668 said:

you can buy containers?

if I want to spend money, probably would be better to buy the 5k perma camo anyway that's better

Yea, you can go to the premium shop, click on Customizations and it's the Yamamoto Collections. You can get either 1, 6, 14 or 56 crates.

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles

It is adjusted *Perfectly* so that you will barely be able to complete it with regular containers.

WG wants to entice you to buy the HSF ships. It's a business, after all.

[MAUS]
Members
13,684 posts

It took me 31 containers to finish the collection on the first day (it was so nice to have some free time).  I completed this mostly by spamming Co-Op with the event ships.  Remember:

• You can get up to 10 crates with Yamato
  • You can get up to 10 crates with Musashi
  • You can get up to 20 crates with HSF Harekaze
  • You can get up to 20 crates with HSF Graf Spee

On top of this, it's possible for you to get an additional portrait from your three daily crates.  You have until patch 0.7.5 to complete the collection (approximately 15 to 20 weeks -- so April sometime).  I strongly recommend not spending any of your duplicates until you have just enough to blitz your way to the end of the collection. 

Edited by LittleWhiteMouse
  • Cool 3

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

I think yamamoto drop does interfere with this, but you should have enough time to get it done.  not sure if I will ever get to yammy, but don't mind having it in my inventory.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts
1 hour ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

It took me 31 containers to finish the collection on the first day (it was so nice to have some free time).  I completed this mostly by spamming Co-Op with the event ships.  Remember:

On top of this, it's possible for you to get an additional portrait from your three daily crates.  You have until patch 0.7.5 to complete the collection (approximately 15 to 20 weeks -- so April sometime).  I strongly recommend not spending any of your duplicates until you have just enough to blitz your way to the end of the collection. 

you mean the 31 special containers each contains 2 chars, so that's 62 chars to complete the 35 collection, that sounds possible

but, for those with no special ships, or just have 1, they rely on doing it via regular containers, and that drop rate is less than 50% (i would say maybe 30% or less), that means to get 62 chars, you need 180 regular containers, even if you do 2 everyday (i don't think most people have time to get 3 containers), that takes 90 days at least, my feeling is the drop rate is even less than 30%, so good luck getting it completed via regular containers

Edited by Happy668

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts
1 hour ago, centarina said:

I think yamamoto drop does interfere with this, but you should have enough time to get it done.  not sure if I will ever get to yammy, but don't mind having it in my inventory.

nope, i completed yamato missions yesterday, today i got 2 regular containers, and got 0 chars

[NEIN]
Beta Testers
583 posts
7,325 battles

That 5:1 duplicate conversion when you only have 5 characters is hilariously bad.  Not to mention if you have none of the ships involved in the event.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts
1 hour ago, Iridium81 said:

That 5:1 duplicate conversion when you only have 5 characters is hilariously bad.  Not to mention if you have none of the ships involved in the event.

I know right, as if it's not hard enough, they have to spit out dupes and make you grind more

the more i think about it, the more i say screw it

[BONKY]
Members
27 posts
5,399 battles
4 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I haven't gotten a single commander portrait from the daily chest after the free chest I got from WG, do you think it's a bug? Or is it not support to drop all the time?

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
4 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I was going to mention that we have nearly 4 months to actually complete the collection and that some people have already completed the collection in what? 3 days?  Doesn't seem like there is any reason to panic currently.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts
16 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

I was going to mention that we have nearly 4 months to actually complete the collection and that some people have already completed the collection in what? 3 days?  Doesn't seem like there is any reason to panic currently.

if you have the 4 special ships, yes it can be done (but I doubt anyone can do it in a day or two, since you need to get at least 30-40+ special containers, each contains 2, but you have to WIN to get a container, so that means at least 60-80 games played).

but, if you don't have the 4 special ships, then even with 4 months with nonstop play (2 containers per day at the minimum), you MAY get it, but I doubt it, since near the end, the more you collect, the higher chance of dupes there will be, and near the end you probably need 5 dupes to get 1 portrait, so good luck

Edited by Happy668

[ONE]
Members
376 posts

Finished it in two afternoons using the HSF Harekaze and HSF Graf Spee both of which I had long before the op began.

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
5 hours ago, Happy668 said:

I would say if you have either the HSF Admiral Spee or Harekaze you're fine. They get 20 containers each and you get 2 from each container.

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts
41 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

yeah they should make it 100% to drop items

yeah, with the dupe RND already, you would think it's only reasonable to get 100% drop rate

Edited by Happy668

[WOLF5]
Members
954 posts
49,371 battles
5 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Hey Mouse, can you check into this? According to the asia WoWs website, the ship missions go away on 4/30/2018 (0.7.5 release). We can still receive collection items in daily containers until 9/30/2018. Since WG has decided to unify the servers I'm hoping this is a global policy and not a regional one. Yes, I've been checking the asia server since they seem to have more current and complete news than the others. 

[1/19 Updated]
All missions are available until 30 April 2018, 14:00 (UTC+8). You can receive collection items from daily containers until 30 September  2018.

If you are still collecting the Isoroku Yamamoto collection, but want to receive the High School Fleet collection items from daily containers, you need to manually make it your default collection. To do so, choose the "Collect" option in the High School Fleet collection menu. You can turn off this option at any time to go back to collecting the Isoroku Yamamoto collection.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Members
3,298 posts

ok I got the 3rd container, it dropped but it's a dupe, thanks WG not!

so two days in a row, first 2 nothing, 3rd one drops 1, at this rate forget it, don't have time to get 3 containers anyway, already spent too much time this weekend

Edited by Happy668

Members
222 posts
10,447 battles

I only have Yamato and after doing the 10 boxes plus some of the dailies I have 20/35 HOWEVER I have 10 dupes ugh! The daily boxes either have no item at all or it has a dupe. Its gonna take a while if you don't have the other ships. 

Sign in to follow this