Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Ramsalot

Problem with CVs playing against their team in high tiers

12 comments in this topic

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles

This happened yesterday, and this is happening today.  CV on our team, directs his strike package to idle away from surface ships, and his fighters are send far away from combat as to not spot anything and not accidentally run into enemy fighters.  CV will redeploy strike package when it's destroyed, again to idle away from surface ships.  Since CV is moving and actively redeploying it's planes all that is done on purpose.  If this was a single accident I would not even bring this up, but this is happening pretty consistently.  Checked win rates, they are incredibly low.  Looks like accounts are played to lose to bolster stats of the carrier on the opposing team.  Reporting does not seem to do anything...

Members
2,335 posts
6,897 battles

Have you ever played a CV, If not try someday and you will quickly realize not many people can track everything that's going on, and the learning curve is very steep. It takes a long time to master it if ever!

[KOOKS]
Alpha Tester
2,869 posts
4,864 battles
2 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Have you ever played a CV, If not try someday and you will quickly realize not many people can track everything that's going on, and the learning curve is very steep. It takes a long time to master it if ever!

It does take a while to come up to high tier...unless you talk about using enough FEXP to buy a Nelson to get that high...

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
25 minutes ago, Veksha said:

This happened yesterday, and this is happening today.  CV on our team, directs his strike package to idle away from surface ships, and his fighters are send far away from combat as to not spot anything and not accidentally run into enemy fighters.  CV will redeploy strike package when it's destroyed, again to idle away from surface ships.  Since CV is moving and actively redeploying it's planes all that is done on purpose.  If this was a single accident I would not even bring this up, but this is happening pretty consistently.  Checked win rates, they are incredibly low.  Looks like accounts are played to lose to bolster stats of the carrier on the opposing team.  Reporting does not seem to do anything...

If you suspect something odd send a ticket to support with a screen shot of the match with both CV names. There's been a few reports lately of players dropping into a battle with two accounts, one on each side, and basically using one as a punching bag. That could be what happened to you since most CVs will at least try to attack something once before going into the fetal position.

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,873 battles
6 minutes ago, 1SneakyDevil said:

If you suspect something odd send a ticket to support with a screen shot of the match with both CV names. There's been a few reports lately of players dropping into a battle with two accounts, one on each side, and basically using one as a punching bag. That could be what happened to you since most CVs will at least try to attack something once before going into the fetal position.

It's called DOUBLE-AGENT.

Two computers, two screens, one operator that can see all the ships on BOTH sides.

But how do they get that second account?   Seems like a lot of work, right?

NOT..

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=world+of+warships+NA+account&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X"world+of+warships"+NA+account.TRS0&_nkw="world+of+warships"+NA+account&_sacat=0

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles
19 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Yes I have, I did bunch of battles in randoms on Kaga and Saipan.  I have a pretty good idea on how carriers play.

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles
9 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Yeah, unfortunately it's probably more likely that the players are just not very good at carriers than that they're throwing a game entirely intentionally.  I don't normally comment on other players in this way, but I've developed a habit of looking up the stats of noticeably poor carrier play just to understand what happened. When you have a very poor carrier player as compared to the opposition it's far more impactful on the team and the outcome than having a guy in a destroyer or battleship that doesn't do much to help their team.

In my experience the vast majority of people who have extremely low win rates (i.e.: below 30%) are people who mostly drive carriers.

I was in a game yesterday where our carrier managed to get ambushed by a Montana who flanked along the side of the map and was visible to the entire team the whole time.  This shows a kind of lack of map awareness that would be a bummer in other ships, but is catastrophic in a carrier.  This guy ended up losing 72 planes to the Montana after he spotted him and still didn't kill him, which says something about the lack of learning curve.  Essentially the only thing he did in the entire match was drive into an exposed forward position and then try to kill a BB that wasn't even successful in killing him.  I'm sure from his perspective it was a hairy game where he was extremely active, but meanwhile the other carrier has free reign to anything he wanted.  He didn't intentionally throw the game, but he might as well have.   The only difference is intention.  In essence we traded a Midway for a Montana and neither of them had an impact on the game, not a very even trade in tier 10.  Never assume malice for things that are adequately explained by incompetence.

I'm a crap carrier player, I can't control my squadrons effectively enough but I have enough  awareness to know why I'm bad.  I think some people see isometric RTS view and think that it is an easier or more casual mode and don't take the time to really learn the maps from the third person view or to maintain the awareness of what's going on.  This is really the only way you can end up being such a drag on your team that you lower the random chance to win for your team by 25% or more.

Members
1,348 posts
13,885 battles

I played one the other day. CV player nearly 3500 games and had 900 games in the Midway... with a win rate of 27%. Player had less than 1/4 the avg damage, plane kills, and 1/2 the survival rate of Midway. 

900 games. 

I've been playing for 3 years and I don't have 900 games in any ship (of course, I have almost all the ships and this player only had US DDs and US CVs). 

No ship had a positive win rate. No ship had greater than avg damage. No ship had greater than avg XP. 

During our match, he launched airplanes, moved about 5 kilometers, then didn't do anything else the rest of the match. 

That's sabotage. 

[SOUP]
[SOUP]
Members
1,680 posts
7,380 battles
40 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

It's called DOUBLE-AGENT.

Two computers, two screens, one operator that can see all the ships on BOTH sides.

But how do they get that second account?   Seems like a lot of work, right?

NOT..

https://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=world+of+warships+NA+account&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X"world+of+warships"+NA+account.TRS0&_nkw="world+of+warships"+NA+account&_sacat=0

Damn . . . 

[MCWF]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
7,026 posts
29,091 battles

I would also agree that this is international. If he does nothing and give the other carrier a free reign I suspect that they either know each other or it’s the same person with two pc. The chances that you are dropped into the same game is quite good at higher tiers since there are not too many carriers around. Make a screenshot or better use a replay and send it to support. I have seens other CV throw the game after they found out that the other player is better but don’t even try at the start is fishy.

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles

Its a s**t get a match vs high tiers

its a walk in park get a match vs low tiers

well... sadly its a part of this game.

Sign in to follow this