Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
hakabase

Port View -- Closer or Far Far away

7 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

Modder
950 posts
111 battles

Hi everyone.

there is a easy way can let you observe the ship at very close distance. or a far place to see a different scenario.

 

preview:

Spoiler

SYgy22B.jpg

SlZedlg.jpg


Method:
 

--1 Copy camerasConsumer.xml  from  res\   to  res_mods\0.7.0.1\


--2 Edit  
camerasConsumer.xml  with text editor. around line 895 to 900.

      Left side is original value, right side is modified value.

  • 1st value  --> decrease the value will be more closer to the ship
     
  • 2nd value --> less the value will keep distance not too long when you rotate the mouse's wheel. 
     
  • 3rd value --> increase the value will be far away the ship.
     

--3 Save  camerasConsumer.xml

OqL8aAG.png

 

Have Fun!
 

If you are interested in camera setting, please refer to @leehwongxing thread, he has more advance, more precisely settings.

 

Edited by hakabase
  • Cool 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
950 posts
111 battles
20 minutes ago, Rickster1998 said:

Thanks. Can you tell us how to change the "Steps" or the number of zooms we have and how far we can zoom?

1. I only have a fuzzy idea about how to add more "step", but have no time to test it. 
2. All 3 values I mentioned about are not fixed number, you can change as you wish, and see what happen.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
56 posts
2,978 battles
32 minutes ago, hakabase said:

1. I only have a fuzzy idea about how to add more "step", but have no time to test it. 
2. All 3 values I mentioned about are not fixed number, you can change as you wish, and see what happen.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean the battle zoom. The number of steps and the zoom. Like you have a x20 zoom and a x25 zoom in your modpack

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
137
[NOT]
Members
1,044 posts
6,765 battles

0.03 will get the camera clip the hull structure.

the current minimum value I used in my YAZOM camera mod is 0.08, with 0.05 you start to get clipping on the bow on high-tier battleship.

to zoom closer to the each of the modules, edit each value in the misc header.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
950 posts
111 battles
1 hour ago, Rickster1998 said:

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I mean the battle zoom. The number of steps and the zoom. Like you have a x20 zoom and a x25 zoom in your modpack

same file, check the section as below. you will find out the answer.

<snake_tail>

</snake_tail>

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Modder
950 posts
111 battles
20 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

0.03 will get the camera clip the hull structure.

the current minimum value I used in my YAZOM camera mod is 0.08, with 0.05 you start to get clipping on the bow on high-tier battleship.

to zoom closer to the each of the modules, edit each value in the misc header.

Your way is definitely more precisely for each class. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×