Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
zgywyww

to seek help for the question of registering on the steam

9 comments in this topic

[PAK]
Members
10 posts
3,937 battles

Hi everyone! I have registered an account for 1 year on the North American server and my friend wants to join this game now. I don't know which version is better, the steam or the direct servers like NA( based on the number of players). Also, is it possible for me to use the steam account to sign in the North American server?  I am a green hand and only have hight tier 8 BB but I don't want to give up this account on NA. So, does anyone have any suggestions?   THX

Edited by zgywyww

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles

There is no Steam server. The Steam version is the client only (and allows you to get Steam achievements) and nothing to do with the server.

• Cool 1

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles

You can't log in through Steam to use your existing accounts. If you want to use Steam, you need to make a new account through Steam.

Not a big deal though. You can still play with your friend, even if he is on Steam and you are not. It's all the same server, just different ways to log in.

• Cool 1

[PAK]
Members
10 posts
3,937 battles
1 minute ago, Skpstr said:

You can't log in through Steam to use your existing accounts. If you want to use Steam, you need to make a new account through Steam.

Not a big deal though. You can still play with your friend, even if he is on Steam and you are not. It's all the same server, just different ways to log in.

Oh, that would be great and what about the number of players? 

[WOLF4]
[WOLF4]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,549 posts
20,964 battles

Doesn't make any difference as far as the server is concerned whether you use the standard client or the Steam client, there is still only one server.

Members
34,409 posts
10,768 battles
18 minutes ago, zgywyww said:

Oh, that would be great and what about the number of players? 

You know how many players the NA server has, your friend would be on the same server you are on now, he would just go through a Steam login to get there.

[HINON]
Members
14,340 posts

Your friend and you can use the invite system though if you register here on the site rather than steam. IMO those rewards are better than the unique steam rewards.

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,314 battles

Before you sign your friend up be sure to both read the "Invite A Friend" article which is posted on the main page of the website; both you and your friend can get some pretty good rewards if you get him signed up the correct way. Good Luck, Have Fun, and see you in the game! 07!

On the main page of the Forum, upper left hand corner, next to the WG logo is a link labeled "Games", click on it, then click on "World of Warships" when it appears on the superimposed menu. A drop down menu will appear on the right hand side, click on "Game Website" and the link will be on the right hand side third or fourth down from the top, labeled "Invite A Friend". Enjoy your rewards, both of you!

Sign in to follow this