Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kaa1el

flooding is broken + wrong meta

42 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
135 posts

why would one single torpedo hit can do 100k damage? unrealistic design. real ships have watertight compartment, which prevents further damage to the ship!

Compartments_and_watertight_subdivision_Parts_of_a_water-tight_compartment_(Seam

ships also have crew handle damage controls!

this is another proof showing wg don't care about us humble battleship players. they promote cowardice dd RNG play instead of amazing CQB battleships heads on, which tests bravery, strategy, and tactics!

when is the last time you see a close encounter of two super battleships in the game? now because of this broken dd torpedo spam meta (and HE + smoke + invisibility), it forces all bb players to become snipers, which is dull and not fun!

remove flooding altogether for battleships and nerf dd, make battleships great again!

• Cool 1
  • Boring 2
  • Meh 20

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
2,734 battles
55 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Man, these baBBy threads...

Hey at ease with that mess. Not all of us BBs cry about things. I take great pride in earning my Credits and XP.

59 minutes ago, Kaa1el said:

why would one single torpedo hit can do 100k damage? unrealistic design. real ships have watertight compartment, which prevents further damage to the ship!

Compartments_and_watertight_subdivision_Parts_of_a_water-tight_compartment_(Seam

this is another proof showing wg don't care about us humble battleship players. they promote cowardice dd RNG play instead of amazing CQB battleships heads on, which tests bravery, strategy, and tactics!

when is the last time you see a close encounter of two super battleships in the game? now because of this broken dd torpedo spam meta (and HE + smoke + invisibility), it forces all bb players to become snipers, which is dull and not fun!

remove flooding altogether for battleships and nerf dd, make battleships great again!

Yes, and those crews take time to repair said damage. Hence the countdown clock for fire, and flooding, and repair. Want it to go faster? Deploy DCP. But it takes them time to move about the ship and organize their equipment, hence the cool down clock.

BB knife fighting is dumb. Very dumb.

Zoom to deck level, sniping becomes much more intense and fun, just don't forget to look around on occasion.

Please don't use a #MAGA meme when saying and doing such stupid things. Most people who support the idea, are fine people. And you are giving them a bad name.

Edited by Slyguy3129
  • Meh 3

[JEDI-]
Members
2,829 posts
10,517 battles
1 minute ago, CanuckTheCanadianGoose said:

This is bait

He gave it some effort though. Small props for the pictures.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,639 battles
27 minutes ago, Kaa1el said:

Good grief.  There is nothing in this thread that I can agree with.

A) There's no reason for any BB to take 100k in flooding damage.  If you did, it must be because you took 4 torp hits that caused 4 different floods (if that's even possible) while your DC party was on cool down.  Sometimes, that's just bad luck.  And sometimes it's your own fault for being too quick to trigger the  DC party.

B) There's nothing "amazing" about close quarters BB play.  Nothing at all.  It does not test bravery, nor does it test strategy.  Tactics, maybe.

C) Torpedoes are part of WW1/2 naval combat.  DEAL WITH IT!!!!

D) BB vs BB combat has always been about long to mid range duels.  Not close quarters brawling.  About the only close quarters brawls were night battles where the two sides couldn't even see each other at normal engagement ranges.

E) While I'm all for having BBs be great, I'm not for rewarding stupidity.

Members
7,086 posts

Look: the flooding/fire mechanics are stupid, but that's because the entire game is designed foolishly - they should have gone SLIGHTLY more sim-like, and never attempted this ridiculous 1v1 balancing of destroyers, battleships, carriers, etc. It's produced a rather silly result.

HAVING SAID THAT, since that is the direction that the designers went in, then yes, flooding and fires are necessary to make the game function.

I don't think that the game we got was the best one possible, but having gone that direction, these mechanics were necessary. 

• Cool 2

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
2,734 battles
12 minutes ago, Kaa1el said:

how to enable this game mode?

Pray to MM's RNGesus. Confess your sins (playing any type other than BB), and confess the name of the BB God, RNGesus. And when the time comes, and you are found to have lived a fruitful, and humble life, He shall reward you.

[CHIGR]
[CHIGR]
Members
3,641 posts
18,832 battles

Floodings are fine. A single torpedo doesn't cause 100k damage, even with a full-duration flood.

Edited by pikohan

[SYN]
Members
5,947 posts
13,809 battles

In an earlier, similar thread I gave the OP the benefit of a doubt and didn't think he was actually that stupid.

After seeing this thread, I take it back.

• Funny 1

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
2 hours ago, Crucis said:

Good grief.  There is nothing in this thread that I can agree with.

A) There's no reason for any BB to take 100k in flooding damage.  If you did, it must be because you took 4 torp hits that caused 4 different floods (if that's even possible) while your DC party was on cool down.  Sometimes, that's just bad luck.  And sometimes it's your own fault for being too quick to trigger the  DC party.

B) There's nothing "amazing" about close quarters BB play.  Nothing at all.  It does not test bravery, nor does it test strategy.  Tactics, maybe.

C) Torpedoes are part of WW1/2 naval combat.  DEAL WITH IT!!!!

D) BB vs BB combat has always been about long to mid range duels.  Not close quarters brawling.  About the only close quarters brawls were night battles where the two sides couldn't even see each other at normal engagement ranges.

E) While I'm all for having BBs be great, I'm not for rewarding stupidity.

All T10's and some T9's can suffer 100k from just 2 floods assuming at they average >2/3 uptime People need to remember that flooding damage flor full duration is 60% of maximum health, (over 3 times as much as a fire or more than 2 time the damage per tick). Ergo any of the T10's have the potential to take that much. Lion and Musashi could also get up around 100k, Nelson might be able to too. it takes some pretty unique circumstances to take that much flooding, but it;s unreasonable more because if your in a position to get flooded twice your probably taking too much HE spam to survive even 1 full flood. Not because it;s hard to take that much flooding damage if you get uncontrolled flooding.

Members
5,424 posts
3,448 battles

My only problem with flooding is that CVs get to do full flooding damage. DDs need it for their torps to be viable, but CVs for the love of god do not.

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
3 hours ago, Crucis said:

59 minutes ago, Carl said:

All T10's and some T9's can suffer 100k from just 2 floods assuming at they average >2/3 uptime People need to remember that flooding damage flor full duration is 60% of maximum health, (over 3 times as much as a fire or more than 2 time the damage per tick). Ergo any of the T10's have the potential to take that much. Lion and Musashi could also get up around 100k, Nelson might be able to too. it takes some pretty unique circumstances to take that much flooding, but it;s unreasonable more because if your in a position to get flooded twice your probably taking too much HE spam to survive even 1 full flood. Not because it;s hard to take that much flooding damage if you get uncontrolled flooding.

Nope, only one flooding possible at a time.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flooding

" Though captains may be awarded multiple flooding ribbons, it is not possible for a ship to suffer from the effects of multiple floods; either a ship is flooding or it is not. "

[D-DAY]
Members
7,600 posts
3 hours ago, CLUCH_CARGO said:

T1lH4BW.png

BB heaven

Made me laugh....but then I wondered when there are no other ship types to blame, how quickly one BB complained that another BB had an unfair advantage lol.

(Just to be fair, I'm not saying it would be just BBs complaining - just substitute BB for DD or CA if you want). :Smile_Default:

[WOLFD]
[WOLFD]
Beta Testers
5,072 posts
1,514 battles
3 minutes ago, SireneRacker said:

Nope, only one flooding possible at a time.

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Ship:Flooding

" Though captains may be awarded multiple flooding ribbons, it is not possible for a ship to suffer from the effects of multiple floods; either a ship is flooding or it is not. "

And thats relevant to what you quoted of mine how exactly?

[WG-CC]
-Members-, Members
9,101 posts
8,050 battles
20 minutes ago, Carl said:

And thats relevant to what you quoted of mine how exactly?

Read your part rather quickly and thought that you built up on Crucis' insecurity whether or not you can have multiple floods at the same time.

If that was a wrong assumption, I apologize

Members
5,206 posts
3,461 battles
27 minutes ago, _WaveRider_ said:

Made me laugh....but then I wondered when there are no other ship types to blame, how quickly one BB complained that another BB had an unfair advantage lol.

(Just to be fair, I'm not saying it would be just BBs complaining - just substitute BB for DD or CA if you want). :Smile_Default:

People have been saying this for awhile now Wave. Once BB are facing a majority of BB in matches they will then begin to turn on Battleships and get their own ships nerfed in the process.

Lowering skill floors at every opportunity does nothing for quality of play. I am almost certain this is beginning to play out in Randoms judging from the team's I've had of recent.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,639 battles
1 hour ago, Carl said:

Like you yourself say, it requires UNIQUE circumstances, as in, it requires that the flooding starts almost immediately after your DC party goes on cooldown.  

So, sorry, but I don't feel the slightest big of pity here. This is the perfect storm for a torp using DD, to catch a battleship with its DC party just starting a nice long cool down!!!  Torpedoes are already hard enough to get hits with, particularly at high tiers.  And not the OP wants them to nerf them even more?  Gimme a freakin' break!!!   :Smile_facepalm:

[YK]
Members
2,238 posts
11,324 battles

Have you heard of Shinano?

Think of how many battleships there are in WoWS, there clearly isn't time for WG's shipyards to produce all of them to a decent standard and thus all end up like this.

Thats my headcanon for flooding.

Sign in to follow this