Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Co-op carnage

11 comments in this topic

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles

Doing some co-op for a change since I need a lot of wins on HSF Graf Spee. I had one of the best games I have played in a while.

8 vs 8 on Haven. 4 of us go B and the other 4 go C. I'm at B when all 8 Bots show up. No BBs and all but one Cruiser had torps. The next 3 minutes were the most intense I have seen in WoWS with too many torps too count.  Granted it's rare but you might want to try it for a change of pace. Especially if you are doing HSF missions.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles
15 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Doing some co-op for a change since I need a lot of wins on HSF Graf Spee. I had one of the best games I have played in a while.

8 vs 8 on Haven. 4 of us go B and the other 4 go C. I'm at B when all 8 Bots show up. No BBs and all but one Cruiser had torps. The next 3 minutes were the most intense I have seen in WoWS with too many torps too count.  Granted it's rare but you might want to try it for a change of pace. Especially if you are doing HSF missions.

Honestly, Teddybear, I don't like the way far too many players play in coop.  They don't play smart in my book.  I think that moving to close range of any bot ship that mounts torpedoes is amazing stupid, regardless of whether you mount torps yourself or not.  Invariably, bot ships WILL torp you if they have torps.  Bots tend to be more reliably accurate with their torps than players.  Bots don't get spooked into poorly aimed, quick fired torps, like some players do when they realize that there are torps heading at them.

IMO, the best way to handle torp using bot ships in coop is to stay outside of torpedo range and use your guns to take them down, because bot ships tend to be much less reliably accurate with guns than player are.

As for coop as a place to get wins on the HSF ships for the current missions, I agree that it's a good place to do it, for no other reason than wins in coop battles are almost certain (like 90% certain) things, whereas getting wins in randoms is more of a coin flip.

[A-D-F]
Beta Testers
3,665 posts
12,559 battles
10 minutes ago, Crucis said:

Honestly, Teddybear, I don't like the way far too many players play in coop.  They don't play smart in my book.  I think that moving to close range of any bot ship that mounts torpedoes is amazing stupid, regardless of whether you mount torps yourself or not.  Invariably, bot ships WILL torp you if they have torps.  Bots tend to be more reliably accurate with their torps than players.  Bots don't get spooked into poorly aimed, quick fired torps, like some players do when they realize that there are torps heading at them.

IMO, the best way to handle torp using bot ships in coop is to stay outside of torpedo range and use your guns to take them down, because bot ships tend to be much less reliably accurate with guns than player are.

As for coop as a place to get wins on the HSF ships for the current missions, I agree that it's a good place to do it, for no other reason than wins in coop battles are almost certain (like 90% certain) things, whereas getting wins in randoms is more of a coin flip.

Once you start playing a lot of co op, you begin to develop a method of baiting the bots to send the torps where you can adjust your course slightly and have them all miss, but ideally it needs to be at least 6km out.

It would be true at lower tiers where the bot aiming are not very great, but once you start reaching the higher tiers, they are hitting very accurately with more powerful guns.

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles

Coop has much improved after this patch. Lot more variety of team composition. No more games of 6v6 DDs. Really wonderful.

• Boring 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles
20 minutes ago, Vader_Sama said:

Once you start playing a lot of co op, you begin to develop a method of baiting the bots to send the torps where you can adjust your course slightly and have them all miss, but ideally it needs to be at least 6km out.

It would be true at lower tiers where the bot aiming are not very great, but once you start reaching the higher tiers, they are hitting very accurately with more powerful guns.

Meh, maybe it's just me but it still seems really dumb to me to play "games" with enemy torps.  Much safer and more reliable to just hammer them with guns at slightly longer ranges, like say 8-10 km or so (vs ships with 6 km torps).

Of course, I tend not to play coop in high tier ships either.  I prefer sticking to around tiers 5-7 for any coop shenanigans. 

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
1 hour ago, Crucis said:

Well you really want to use your torps on the Graf Spee so that necessitates some brawling. I'm not that familiar with co-op but with all the passive play going on in randoms these days it is a refreshing change of pace.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,635 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Well you really want to use your torps on the Graf Spee so that necessitates some brawling. I'm not that familiar with co-op but with all the passive play going on in randoms these days it is a refreshing change of pace.

It's not refreshing to lose a coop battle because you have some brain dead morons who charge into the bots and proceed to get their ships blow out from under them due to their stupidity.

As for the Spee, I disagree.  Oh, it's not that I don't want to use its torps.  it's just that charging into use them is exactly what gets the aforementioned brain dead morons killed in the first place.  You really should just save your torps until you can use them against bots that don't have them.  Or know your enemy's torp ranges and launch your 8 km torps at 7-8 km against enemies that only have 6 km or less torpedoes.  It's called playing with your brains and not your balls!!!

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

I have played against some of the top chess computers and also against some games with strong  Ai such as Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption on Hard mode. Lol the Ai can be downright devious and have battled through a few times and never gets old since the Ai thinks creatively.

Wargaming's bot Ai has allowed me to get 100% WR in Co-Op lol I can't wait to test it on X  to see if it can be any sort of challenge, but not expecting it to be too much though.

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
15 minutes ago, Crucis said:

As for the Spee, I disagree.  Oh, it's not that I don't want to use its torps.  it's just that charging into use them is exactly what gets the aforementioned brain dead morons killed in the first place.  You really should just save your torps until you can use them against bots that don't have them.  Or know your enemy's torp ranges and launch your 8 km torps at 7-8 km against enemies that only have 6 km or less torpedoes.  It's called playing with your brains and not your balls!!!

Well there is something to be said for playing with your balls on occasion.

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

Sign in to follow this