You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
VaygrEmpire

What will be Germany's counter-ship for t9 premium?

65 comments in this topic

[DANTO]
Beta Testers
218 posts
9,751 battles

US got Missouri - sister ship of Iowa - all-rounder battleship

Japan got Musashi - sister ship of Yamato - best fire power

So with Germany's ship line, I'm assuming t9 premium will also be tanky. The thing is, which form will it take? Will it be another plan for H41? Based on previous ships, there's no way t9 premium is going to be better than t10 regular ship so anything beyond H41 is out of scope.  Friedrich der Große is H39 plan. Großer Kurfürst is H41 with different amount of gun. Friedrich der Große also has gun upgrade for 16.5 inch 4 x 2. So it's likely to keep 16.5 inch for this t9 premium as well. So....will it be just tankier (more hp and more armor) with same gun - 16.5 inch 4 x 2? Or would WG come up with imaginative ship based on another imaginative plan?

What do you guys think?

[TNP66]
Beta Testers
3,168 posts
9,063 battles

I don't see wargaming continuing with free xp battleships unless they want to continue those who play cruisers mostly or DD or CV's. I see a free xp cruiser coming in the future around fall time like something that may be as simple as USS Witchita or USS Alaska. IT may be another ships from one of the other nations as well I am just throwing out some good options here. If we are following last year than it will be a tier 7 of some sort that is next and a tier 9 next January.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

Nah! I just can't imagine ANYONE here breaking into goosebumps over an uber tanky brawling monster at T9.....

• Cool 1

[DAS]
Members
352 posts
23,270 battles
16 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

Nah! I just can't imagine ANYONE here breaking into goosebumps over an uber tanky brawling monster at T9.....

If it gave me a new flavor from what the BIS/FD/GK give me I would jump all over it. Maybe something with 53.3cm guns?? hmm? hmm?

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles
37 minutes ago, MrDeaf said:

GK is H40B

It is not, according to WG. They made up the hull based on trying to enlarge the H hull to accept the triple turrets.

The only real designs found on Kurfürst would be weapons and their mounts, fire control directors, and the triple turrets themselves (406mm).

[CALM]
Beta Testers
6,838 posts
6,088 battles

It'll be FdG with 4 sets of triple 15" guns of historical, semi-historical, or paper performance, such as longer barrels and higher velocity/pen or better AP shells. However, the secondaries all now fire AP shells while retaining the same long-range as FdG herself. Instead of Hydro, she gains 4 quad-torpedo launchers just like Tirpitz's.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 1

[SYN]
Members
16,027 posts
12,803 battles
19 minutes ago, Phoenix_jz said:

It is not, according to WG. They made up the hull based on trying to enlarge the H hull to accept the triple turrets.

The only real designs found on Kurfürst would be weapons and their mounts, fire control directors, and the triple turrets themselves (406mm).

ah, no wonder it's such an odd design, when the rest of them were XXXL Bismarcks

[YK]
Members
2,238 posts
11,324 battles

Downtier GK, remove her secondaries and give her a 4x2 MB loadout with maybe improve gun handling or better hydro and id probably want one.

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles
1 hour ago, YamatoA150 said:

It'll be FdG with 4 sets of triple 15" guns of historical, semi-historical, or paper performance, such as longer barrels and higher velocity/pen or better AP shells. However, the secondaries all now fire AP shells while retaining the same long-range as FdG herself. Instead of Hydro, she gains 4 quad-torpedo launchers just like Tirpitz's.

Yep! that could cause goosebumps!  

Members
4,477 posts
4,779 battles

Hard to say, may have to resort to paper or captured ships. Or both, like the Clemenceau. :cap_book:

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,100 posts
30,874 battles

For the Germans to have anything in Tier IX-X Cruisers and Battleships in WoWS was already stretching the limits of fiction.

Hipper-class was already the zenith of in-service German Heavy Cruisers, maybe we can milk some toilet-paper-scribble ship design found in Deviantart and fit it in IX as a Premium?  I'd like to see what people can dig up out of some sketch somewhere and make it the next super cruiser from a navy that didn't have anything better.

Nurnberg already represents the zenith of German Light Cruisers in service and she's at Tier VI in the game.  I'd REALLY like to see what bullsh*t we can come up with for a Tier IX German CL.

The science fiction of what was already pulled off for German BBs in WoWS is already filled with fantasy.

It was already one helluva stretch to have Graf Zeppelin implemented in WoWS, for a navy that never fielded any aircraft carrier before or during the war.  So I'd like to see what kind of bullsh*t we can come up with for Tier IX-X.

It's going to have to be a DD, I guess.

• Meh 1

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,100 posts
30,874 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well in keeping with the spirit of things they Could go for  broke and do the H44...

Tier IX-X German BBs are already in the science fiction realm.

[C_NT]
Members
967 posts
2,482 battles

Shouldn't have any because there's no real historical ships that would fill that role. Missouri and Musashi are both real. Baden would be a nice lower tiered premium? There's only 2 ships in the Bayern class that were completed so they could finish it off right there. maybe buff the Baden and make it a T7? The Helgoland is also the only German BB class that has not gotten a WOWS ship so they should get one at one point and they still haven't done anything with the battlecruisers. So I think the potential for the German BB premiums is all in the lower tiers. 

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

since when has historical become a requirement? The first 2 existed sure, but they are kind of famous. There is no reason why WG cant use a paper ship

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
3 minutes ago, HazeGrayUnderway said:

Tier IX-X German BBs are already in the science fiction realm.

That's because they are based on H class BBs, think tier IX is supposed to be H39 BB.

Germans had excellent Naval Fleet planned, but then they got caught up in war earlier than planned.

The fleet building plan was called the Z Plan. Bismarck was definitely on the smaller end of their BB building program lol.

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,100 posts
30,874 battles
2 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

That's because they are based on H class BBs, think tier IX is supposed to be H39 BB.

Germans had excellent Naval Fleet planned, but then they got caught up in war earlier than planned.

The fleet building plan was called the Z Plan. Bismarck was definitely on the smaller end of their BB building program lol.

Like I said, we already got a lot of bullsh*t designs for Ze Germans past Tier VIII.  I'd rather some other navy with actual ships fitting the tier gets implemented.

IJN actually has candidates for Tier IX Premium, especially in the Destroyer department.  And the Japanese would not have to rely on a bullsh*t paper design to do it.

USN already has Missouri, so this is not a necessity even though there are still TONS of US ships suitable to cover Tier IX Premium.

Not an expert on RN, so I'll leave that be.

I'm sure people came up with pretty drawings and fantastic statistical figures of what a fantasy ship their navy should have, but I put far more stock in actual ships than fantasy.

Members
3,256 posts
4,322 battles

The German free xp ship is going to a t6 cv named Weser 1-0-2 loadout featuring GZ aircraft in 5 plane squadrons, no AP bombs but 10 ju-87s added as a deck park. She will have hipper's armor, secondary range and AA but will increase short range at the expense of hipper's long range.

[NBNG]
Beta Testers
1,660 posts
5,010 battles

id rather have paper ships high tier premiums then none at all. Just my opinion though

• Cool 2