You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Midnitewolf

Surprised there aren't more Musashi's in the game

66 comments in this topic

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

I know that the Musashi just released and there are tons of people still grinding away for the Free XP but I must say I was expecting to see alot more Musashi's in the game.  I even went to Warships.today to check out the stats and saw there has only been like 9700 battles recorded in the Musashi so far on the NA server which seems excessively low.

I wonder if it isn't selling poorly though I guess alot of people could have already tapped themselves out on Free XP either trying to scramble for the Missouri or having picked up the Nelson.  Still I was figuring a larger number of the more hardcore players to convert XP for what everyone is claiming is a OP Tier 9 premium.  I also wonder if the nerfed credit earning potential (compared to the Missouri) isn't making it alot less appealing that it would be otherwise. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles

For that matter I haven't seen a Nelson for quite a while now...

[WTFS]
[WTFS]
Members
190 posts
795 battles

People don't have the free xp, and they've heard from average players that the guns are horrid. Since that's the only thing it had going for it, that means it's, unlike certain CC's have said, most definitely not OP, and is at best low average. Why waste 750k free xp on low average? I wish I could get a refund.

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles
Just now, Jim_Byrnes said:

For that matter I haven't seen a Nelson for quite a while now...

I think that is because like the Dunkerque, Nelson is either a ship you understand and can play well or one your going to suck in and call it a POS.   Lots of player probably got the Nelson, played it a few times, think it sucks and it is now just a port queen. 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles
3 minutes ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Players are more concerned about getting Missouri before it leaves the shop at the moment.

I suspect your dead on target...

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
4 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

I suspect your dead on target...

And then there are players like me that finally got the last of the XP needed for Missouri and simply have not had enough time to save up enough Free XP to get the Musashi yet.

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
15 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

People don't have the free xp, and they've heard from average players that the guns are horrid. Since that's the only thing it had going for it, that means it's, unlike certain CC's have said, most definitely not OP, and is at best low average. Why waste 750k free xp on low average? I wish I could get a refund.

You're right I'm only averaging 110k damage per Warships and I was expecting something like 190k so most definitely not worth the 750k FXP. :Smile_sceptic: 

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
1,333 posts
8,606 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

And then there are players like me that finally got the last of the XP needed for Missouri and simply have not had enough time to save up enough Free XP to get the Musashi yet.

I'm still in a quandry as to which one I like better. I don't have any T9 ships yet, I put the brakes on at T8 across the board. I've played Iowa on PT and did well with her but just haven't felt the need to go to T9 yet..

Members
3,792 posts
23,987 battles
4 minutes ago, Jim_Byrnes said:

I'm still in a quandry as to which one I like better. I don't have any T9 ships yet, I put the brakes on at T8 across the board. I've played Iowa on PT and did well with her but just haven't felt the need to go to T9 yet..

Get the Mo now since it is going away. It's really good earning credits especially if you load up the credit flags & camo. 

[BLNCE]
Members
13,459 posts
44,054 battles
17 hours ago, Midnitewolf said:

I know that the Musashi just released and there are tons of people still grinding away for the Free XP but I must say I was expecting to see alot more Musashi's in the game.  I even went to Warships.today to check out the stats and saw there has only been like 9700 battles recorded in the Musashi so far on the NA server which seems excessively low.

Lot of people reporting that they are disappointed with its mercurial gunnery, which may be deterring  purchases. I wasn't planning on getting it, and when a couple of my clan mates who are top BB players said they disliked its gunnery, that sealed it. I will be saving my FXP for the French line. 

[PVE]
Members
17,086 posts
39,327 battles
1 hour ago, Midnitewolf said:

I wonder if it isn't selling poorly though I guess alot of people could have already tapped themselves out on Free XP either trying to scramble for the Missouri or having picked up the Nelson.  Still I was figuring a larger number of the more hardcore players to convert XP for what everyone is claiming is a OP Tier 9 premium.  I also wonder if the nerfed credit earning potential (compared to the Missouri) isn't making it alot less appealing that it would be otherwise. 

I am seeing a lot of them in Co-op. Not uncommon to have 2-4 p/ game. Lots of them there for the HSF challenge too.

49 minutes ago, xDiaboliquex said:

Ummm...the guns are not horrid and who are these average players you refer to? :Smile_amazed:

I have Yamato and Musashi and tbh the accuracy is very similar. I notice almost no difference between them and I have played them both a bunch since getting Musashi the morning it came out. Yamato is more accurate yes but it is not something you really even notice when playing (my hit % is only 1% lower in Musashi than it is Yamato which is a statistical draw). What I have noticed with the guns is the damage is there like Yamato but the kills are off a little. I attribute that to the slightly lower accuracy for Musashi. That 1 missed shell is the difference between a kill and no kill a lot. Still, the guns are fantastic even if not the same accuracy as Yamato. They are still darn good and a lot more accurate than most BB's in the game. Musashi's guns are actually OP when it faces T7's.

What exactly do you wish you could get a refund for? You don't have Musashi? You have 4 games played in BB'sin total and none are in Musashi. You have a Mutsu but that is not Musashi. 

You have not played nor played against Musashi (or Yamato). Not sure you have the experience to make such statements as you have about the ship? I am not attacking you or anything here either. I am not one of the forums clowns who slams everyone. Just offering some constructive criticism. Actually play the game some before talking about areas of it way out of your current reach as if you are there already. :Smile_honoring:

[ERN]
Alpha Tester, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,906 posts
4,896 battles
1 hour ago, VaygrEmpire said:

yep definitely not that much...

shot-18_01.19_19_27.20-0548.thumb.jpg.233515185aa7b604d8d30bb1e4c4f29c.jpg

You should try my updated ship icons.  Now with Roma stats; )

[WOLF5]
[WOLF5]
Members
38,200 posts
30,952 battles

People believe 460mm guns at Tier IX that ignore most BB profiles is a mediocre thing?  That it can punch even Tier X Montana straight through the bow with little effort, it's mediocre?

People are justified in thinking Musashi is a worse Yamato.  That's true.  But reviewers also point out, as a Tier IX, it's extremely strong.  There's also been a string of people mad because Musashi doesn't belong in Tier IX.

Edited by HazeGrayUnderway

Members
698 posts
1,081 battles
35 minutes ago, this_might_be_slak__ said:

Well, Nelson is kinda rubbish....

Nelson is great when used properly. Also I've seen 2-3 Moresushi a match quite a few times.

Edited by RealNewDeal

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles

Could be me they are my favorite target for both HMS Lion and USS Essex. 

Their not OP at all. They are a weaker Yamato which isn’t what it used to be either with Conquerer floating around each corner with the insta light flamer throwers.

[THREE]
Members
2,151 posts
11,528 battles

I have seen a drastic increase of Missouri's in game. I think people are focusing on getting that ship before it disappears, instead of the one that will be here for a while.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles
1 hour ago, this_might_be_slak__ said:

Well, Nelson is kinda rubbish....

Is a tier 7 lion with weaker armor and a less than ideal but workable turret arrangement. I would much rather have a tier 9 at 7 than a 10 at 9. 

[PVE]
Members
17,086 posts
39,327 battles
8 minutes ago, GreyFox78659 said:

Is a tier 7 lion with weaker armor and a less than ideal but workable turret arrangement. I would much rather have a tier 9 at 7 than a 10 at 9. 

Nelson and Lion are nothing alike. Nelson is an all guns forward ship like Dunkerque. Lion is a traditional gun layout.

[GRFOX]
Members
2,242 posts
5,234 battles
Just now, AdmiralThunder said:

Nelson and Lion are nothing alike. Nelson is an all guns forward ship like Dunkerque. Lion is a traditional gun layout.

Hence the turret arrangement mention. The guns are lions base guns. Nelson also has Lions super heal.

Beta Testers
1,143 posts
4,964 battles

You're probably not seeing a large influx of Musashi's because of the time crunch on Missouri. 

I've seen at least 20 Musashi's in randoms. But the number of Mo's I've seen is about 1-3 every 2 matches at T8-10.

Also the time frame to acquire Musashi is pretty long. So those that a close to 750k FExp will probably spend it on Missouri if they don't have one already. Musashi will probably be around for the same length of time so the grind for it has a long term window. 

Members
660 posts
10,786 battles

Many of us don't have enough free xp to get the ship yet. I for one, have to grind through 525,000 more XP to get the ship.

Members
309 posts

The grind focus is probably on Missouri.

Since that ship is about to poof in a month, despite promises to the contrary.