You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
CaptainTeddybear

Duke of York vs Arctic Camos

Did you do the campaigns for the Duke of York or did you do them for the Arctic Camos?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Did you do the campaigns for the Duke of York or did you do them for the Arctic Camos?

• Duke of York
    • Arctic Camos

12 comments in this topic

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles

Did you do the New Year's campaigns to get the Duke of York or did you do them for the Arctic Camos?

Edited by CaptainTeddybear

[HINON]
Alpha Tester
27,705 posts
26,569 battles
1 minute ago, HyenaHiena said:

giphy.gif

^

[PVE]
Members
20,312 posts
13,642 battles

I bought the DoY for the New Year Raid campaign to get Queen Elizabeth, La Galissoniere, Ernst Gaede and Fushun along with the free perma-camos. I got the Arctic camos and ground through the DoY to get the silver value, but I really wanted the T6 ships and perma-camo.

• Cool 1

[GWG]
Members
8,018 posts
15,871 battles

I did both.  One on each account.

I bought the DoY for the 'starving' account and got through the Raid campaign quickly to get the camo -- and ships.  The ships were a huge leap for that account.

-- The collection was also done from all the Raid crates.

Meanwhile, on this primary account, I kept up with the North Cape Campaign.  Tried to also keep up with the starving account, but gave it up at level 3.

Malfunction at stage 5 held me up for a day, but with a marathon evening I was done.  Leisurely took Friday and Saturday to run through the Raid -- DONE.

---

Sale on ships was running out.  I lacked a German trainer on the Starving account - splurged and got the Scharnhorst to go with the frosty camo.

Spent Sunday in Co-Op.  Won a day of premium time on the starving account from the scenario...  but didn't notice -- and didn't get notice.  Came home from work on Monday to got bummed out that it expired.

Just last night, I completed all the modules on all the new Arctic Camo boats to top-build.  Only a couple are elite (New Mexico and Queen Elizabeth on main account).

The only ship 'Under Construction' is the Pensacola in the starving account.

Members
691 posts
7,037 battles

To my own surprise, getting the tech tree ships has given me by far the most enjoyment from these campaigns. The fushun with premium smoke, flags and captain skills is capable of perma-smoking itself for 13 minutes in the middle of cap circles. It is hilarious to watch BB players slowly approach, waiting for your smoke to clear up so they can continue, only for them to become more and more panicked as your smoke screen just doesn't go away.

Queen Elizabeth is also quite nice, although I've only had one game in her in which I did a nice spot of damage. Haven't tried the Gaede yet, anyone got any advice on that one?

Edited because I misspelt raisins.

Edited by senseNOTmade

[NKOTD]
Senior Volunteer Moderator, Supertester, Privateers
1,971 posts
19,588 battles
40 minutes ago, Kizarvexis said:

I bought the DoY for the New Year Raid campaign to get Queen Elizabeth, La Galissoniere, Ernst Gaede and Fushun along with the free perma-camos. I got the Arctic camos and ground through the DoY to get the silver value, but I really wanted the T6 ships and perma-camo.

This is what I did

Also.

• Cool 1

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts
40 minutes ago, AVR_Project said:

I did both.  One on each account.

I bought the DoY for the 'starving' account and got through the Raid campaign quickly to get the camo -- and ships.  The ships were a huge leap for that account.

-- The collection was also done from all the Raid crates.

Meanwhile, on this primary account, I kept up with the North Cape Campaign.  Tried to also keep up with the starving account, but gave it up at level 3.

Malfunction at stage 5 held me up for a day, but with a marathon evening I was done.  Leisurely took Friday and Saturday to run through the Raid -- DONE.

---

Sale on ships was running out.  I lacked a German trainer on the Starving account - splurged and got the Scharnhorst to go with the frosty camo.

Spent Sunday in Co-Op.  Won a day of premium time on the starving account from the scenario...  but didn't notice -- and didn't get notice.  Came home from work on Monday to got bummed out that it expired.

Just last night, I completed all the modules on all the new Arctic Camo boats to top-build.  Only a couple are elite (New Mexico and Queen Elizabeth on main account).

The only ship 'Under Construction' is the Pensacola in the starving account.

Why are you running two accounts?

[GWG]
Members
102 posts
7,021 battles
5 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Why are you running two accounts?

For variety.

I put money into both accounts.  I'm not stealing anything.

It was actually fun starting over from scratch.  Anybody can do it.

Both accounts were actually in Clan battles -- different clans.

Members
6,585 posts
8,564 battles

I did it mainly for the Arctic Scharnhorst camo, but the DoY arctic camo looks just as good and may tempt me in the future to take her out into randoms. They just look so beautiful, and the attention to detail in them is very impressive. The T6 ships from the NY raid campaign were icing on the cake and gave me a jump in two lines that I had been meaning to start grinding, French cruisers and KM DDs.

Edited by GhostSwordsman

[EGO]
Banned
4,105 posts
16,276 battles
6 hours ago, GhostSwordsman said:

I did it mainly for the Arctic Scharnhorst camo, but the DoY arctic camo looks just as good and may tempt me in the future to take her out into randoms. They just look so beautiful, and the attention to detail in them is very impressive. The T6 ships from the NY raid campaign were icing on the cake and game me a jump in two lines that I had been meaning to start grinding, French cruisers and KM DDs.

Agreed, the Camos are awesome.

I didn't care one lick about the ship, just wanted the Camos, especially for Scharnhorst.