You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Kestrel_Falcon

Unique trait for Italian Ships

22 comments in this topic

[-TNT-]
Members
993 posts
25,365 battles

WG, the release of the Regia Nave (RN) Roma is now my most favorite premium ship that I now own.  However, the Italian RN ships lack a unique trait that you would find on German (hydro) and French (speed boost) battleships.  Since the Italian line lacks range, I suggest they have spotter planes that have duration times much longer than usual times that are associated with other nations.  Italian RN ships from tiers 5 to tier 10 would have a unique (Spotter plane) trait. Fellow players your thoughts on this?   

I got the Prefix from a wesite. RN was used up until 1946   link  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_prefix

Edited by Kestrel_Falcon

[POI--]
Members
190 posts
2,183 battles

SAP instead of HE - lower damage than AP shells, but much better autobounce angles and shorter fuze. Italian battleships just didn't load HE at all, the choice was AP and SAP.

• Cool 2

[FOXEH]
Banned
14,364 posts
23,314 battles

It would be nice to get a line of ships whose gimmick was that they had no gimmick and were just good ships all by themselves.

• Cool 2

[HINON]
[HINON]
Wiki Lead, Beta Testers, Privateers
6,801 posts
5,248 battles

There is no prefix for the Regia Marina, just use the ship name.

As for that, I don't know. We just have a handful of premiums and not a whole line yet, wait for the line and see.

[-TNT-]
Members
993 posts
25,365 battles

Making suggestion here.  Maybe WG might nerf all BB ranges to stop BBs camping while sniping for point while his/her team mates absorb damages

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles
4 hours ago, Doomlock said:

As for that, I don't know. We just have a handful of premiums and not a whole line yet, wait for the line and see.

If a prefix is used RN is appropriate. 

I'm all for SAP however it appears initial stats favor WG's approach. Let's see what happens when the unicums become bored and I can drag the stats down.

latest?cb=20150727031515

[SPTR]
Members
28,224 posts
21,196 battles

Maybe a new consumable like reload booster for main guns or defensive secondary fire.

[RLGN]
Members
952 posts
8,539 battles
On 1/20/2018 at 10:24 AM, Doomlock said:

Actually RN is the prefix for Regia Marina surface ships with R.Smg. used for their submarines.  The modern Italian navy no longer uses prefixes but NATO identifies their ships with the prefix ITS.  Notably, if you're going to harp on normal forum-goer practices, the Imperial Japanese Navy and the Kriegsmarine did not use prefixes.  So it's not DKM Bismark or KM Bismark nor IJN Yamato.  They would just be called Bismark and Yamato, respectively.  It is however USS Iowa, RN Roma, and of course HMS Hood.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles
2 hours ago, Rolkatsuki said:

Maybe a new consumable like reload booster for main guns or defensive secondary fire.

Problem with reload booster is USN and British fans will immediately demand such skills and even Germans to a degree I imagine. WG already has the button setup as it was used in the Halloween event. Cue balling has been brought as a way to balance USN cruisers in the past.

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,784 posts
5,102 battles

Cue Balling - One of the major "sailor alts" (see below) used to increase the rate of fire of 8 inch (20.3 cm) guns on US cruisers of the World War II period. This involved using the rammer at high speed to strike the projectile and bat it into the breech. This meant that the rammer did not have to extend and retract past the much shorter and thus faster acting powder bag ram position. This unofficial loading method increased the ROF of these weapons from the standard 3 RPM up to 5 or 6 RPM, a significant improvement. The fact that the gun crews were able to do this on a regular basis and not damage the mechanisms is a credit to the designers of the mountings, who over engineered them to be resistant to such abuse.

http://www.navweaps.com/Weapons/Gun_Data_p3.php

• Cool 2

[SALT]
Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
3,679 posts
4,052 battles
On 1/22/2018 at 6:27 PM, FirestormMk3 said:

Actually RN is the prefix for Regia Marina surface ships with R.Smg. used for their submarines.  The modern Italian navy no longer uses prefixes but NATO identifies their ships with the prefix ITS.  Notably, if you're going to harp on normal forum-goer practices, the Imperial Japanese Navy and the Kriegsmarine did not use prefixes.  So it's not DKM Bismark or KM Bismark nor IJN Yamato.  They would just be called Bismark and Yamato, respectively.  It is however USS Iowa, RN Roma, and of course HMS Hood.

Actually, the Imperial Navy didn't use a prefix, outside of when referring to them to other nations.

HIJMS for His Imperial Japanese Majesty's Ship, much like HMS for Britain. This was not done at home but when abroad they would announce them in ports and for port calls as such, this is mostly because at home, all vessels were considered to belong to his majesty so it was not required to be given the prefix, but abroad it was required to announce them as such.

[SHOOT]
Beta Testers
5,160 posts
15,882 battles
On ‎1‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 5:28 AM, Kestrel_Falcon said:

WG, the release of the Regia Nave (RN) Roma is now my most favorite premium ship that I now own.  However, the Italian RN ships lack a unique trait that you would find on German (hydro) and French (speed boost) battleships.  Since the Italian line lacks range, I suggest they have spotter planes that have duration times much longer than usual times that are associated with other nations.  Italian RN ships from tiers 5 to tier 10 would have a unique (Spotter plane) trait. Fellow players your thoughts on this?   

I got the Prefix from a wesite. RN was used up until 1946   link  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ship_prefix

How about a unique consumable set up? with a fighter plane and Spotter plane consumable that could be used simultaneously.

• Cool 1

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles
On 1/20/2018 at 8:12 AM, WeissRaben_2 said:

SAP instead of HE - lower damage than AP shells, but much better autobounce angles and shorter fuze. Italian battleships just didn't load HE at all, the choice was AP and SAP.

That would be a very interesting "national flavor" for the Italian BBs.

[BLEP]
[BLEP]
Members
1,986 posts
17,909 battles
4 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

That would be a very interesting "national flavor" for the Italian BBs.

Frankly I see it as almost necessary- Roma's AP is far too inconsistent as it stands. 

[HINON]
Members
7,797 posts
2,144 battles
5 minutes ago, Kingfishercritic said:

Frankly I see it as almost necessary- Roma's AP is far too inconsistent as it stands. 

Well, that's exactly why. Roma's AP is the 381mm Palla rounds... those were literally only meant to be used against other battleships. The GP (Granata Perforante, basically SAP) was meant to be used against everything else, having less penetration (and a shorter fuse iirc) so as to be better suited to hurting cruisers and DDs.

• Cool 1

[BLEP]
[BLEP]
Members
1,986 posts
17,909 battles
1 minute ago, Phoenix_jz said:

Well, that's exactly why. Roma's AP is the 381mm Palla rounds... those were literally only meant to be used against other battleships. The GP (Granata Perforante, basically SAP) was meant to be used against everything else, having less penetration (and a shorter fuse iirc) so as to be better suited to hurting cruisers and DDs.

Exactly.

[VVV]
Members
3,246 posts
5,521 battles
On 2/28/2018 at 10:16 AM, Phoenix_jz said:

I really hope WG uses that as the "flavor" for Italian BBs. Some of the gimmicks they've given lines have been pretty contrived (Engine Boost on French BBs?) but this would be both the most historical and the most unique flavor of any line.

[-TNT-]
Members
993 posts
25,365 battles
22 hours ago, Lord_Magus said:

I really hope WG uses that as the "flavor" for Italian BBs. Some of the gimmicks they've given lines have been pretty contrived (Engine Boost on French BBs?) but this would be both the most historical and the most unique flavor of any line.

If they do give Italian BB spotter planes longer duration they will need to fix the God awful sigma.