Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Hyyena

Done with ranked.

21 comments in this topic

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles

So, i get the rank 1 again. 203 battles AND 57% wr.

What i learn in that season:

1. Play with your best ship, "meta" not always matters if you dont know play with the "metas"

2. Sometimes MM gonna F**k with you util you lose.

3. I need 60 battles to get the rank 5... and 143 to get to rank 1, the MM really hate you in the rank 5-1

4. T8 was MUCHHH MUCH EXTREME better then t6 ranked, please never never NEVER NEVERRRR make a T6 ranked again.

5. T8 was fun and balanced... unless you play in a cv and get good kidds in red team. Too much AA to one ship. BUUT you know is good if you get a lex in red team because thats incrise you chances to win (please not play with lex in ranked)

6. I love and hate rankeds but i think that was too soon, almost finnish the clan wars and alread give us a ranked? Please WG give us some time to rest a bit.

7. The rank flags 1/2/4/6 sucks A LOT, they not give you ANY effect/bonus, what makes me give up (but i really wany some nice camo to my flint/black in next season so... i keep going, but most of my friends give up). Still better use the Military Month Contributor flag... maybe give a chance to put the rank flags as a second flag in your ships can be really cool.

8. We need more irrevocable ranks, maybe in Rank 5.

9. Play for your team is good... but you see if you team not work in ... team... you just need give up and play for the star.

10. Take a time and stop playing if you get a sequence of lose for the MM change a bit.

11. AFK in ranked need get a strong punished, -1 player make a lot diference.

12. Dont blame "one" player, dont blame only the cv or only the dd, the team need work in group for win for win, keep that in mind.

13. For end, work in a team, use the F3 a lot to mark targers, focus the fire, try suport you team, try make crossfire.

Hope see you all in next season.

Good luck and have fun.

image.thumb.png.d352818cbf517cb2d8bea18a1fee8a70.png

• Cool 1

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,604 battles

I particularly want to address point 12.  I fully agree.  Hey, you can end up with a 1v1 situation and your player makes a mistake that costs you the game.  And it's really easy to blame that player for the loss.

However, the other 6 players should own up to the fact that if THEY had played better, maybe it wouldn't have been all up to the single player in the end in the first place!  This is a situation that always galls me, when it's a tight battle and a player makes a mistake, whether it's ranked or plain ol' randoms.  And the dead players all start blaming the poor guy for a loss, when the reality is that this player was stuck in this situation in the firsts place because the rest of the team didn't play well enough to be around to help him at the end.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

I wasnt going to play ranked at all, but then I realized I could make rank 15 by losing a single star.  Figured might as well get my flag.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,604 battles
8 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

I wasnt going to play ranked at all, but then I realized I could make rank 15 by losing a single star.  Figured might as well get my flag.

crzy, a player as good as you are, seems to me that it's worth playing ranked at least up to around rank 10 or 11, for no other reason than all the flags, etc.  After that, the rewards just aren't worth the hassle, unless one really enjoys ranked and really wants to rank out.

One caveat.  Ranked may be a good place to grind a fully upgraded tier 8 ship if you're really good in it, given that it's only tier 8 ships and uptiering is never an issue.

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles
13 minutes ago, Crucis said:

crzy, a player as good as you are, seems to me that it's worth playing ranked at least up to around rank 10 or 11, for no other reason than all the flags, etc.  After that, the rewards just aren't worth the hassle, unless one really enjoys ranked and really wants to rank out.

One caveat.  Ranked may be a good place to grind a fully upgraded tier 8 ship if you're really good in it, given that it's only tier 8 ships and uptiering is never an issue.

I got to 5 last season before I couldn't stomach the play anymore.  I had a week left to get 5 ranks and couldn't force myself.  I'm sure I could have done it.  I simply loathe the way the game is played in ranked and other kinds of competitive play.  It's far too passive for my interests.  I like winning, but not at the price of all the camping that happens.  If it's not fun, why do it? 

I also loathe the whole losing stars thing.  I think my ranked winrate lifetime is over 60%.  it's not like I can't compete.  The whole losing stars thing is un-necessary frustration.  make stars harder to get, but don't take away what's already been earned.

Edited by crzyhawk

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles
1 minute ago, crzyhawk said:

I got to 5 last season before I couldn't stomach the play anymore.  I had a week left to get 5 ranks and couldn't force myself.  I'm sure I could have done it.  I simply loathe the way the game is played in ranked and other kinds of competitive play.  It's far too passive for my interests.  I like winning, but not at the price of all the camping that happens.  If it's not fun, why do it?

The rank 5-1 its the worse part of ranked. I'm just still playing because i like this competitive... and with a lot rage play.

But you is right, if is no fun (for you) there's no reason to play. I mean, even the prices (with exception of black and 2500 doublons) is "meh" for that all hate you need pass to get in the R1.

Even me, i dont have idea why i still playing rankeds season after season, i think i hope for a good price in future for get consecutive R1 but... meh...

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles
Just now, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

Well pretty sure Ranked will be tier 7 next season. 

Payfast/saipan time :cap_haloween:

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

Wargaming I think accidently let it slip about some tier 7 Ranked requirements recently in DOY campaign so I can guess what they are working on lol.

Speaking of which players could do legalized trolling by using Duke of York and get away with it lol.

Personally I am already lining up some high quality ships to finally hit Rank 1 in since I have found each season you get very limited window of time to make the true progress.

Edited by Admiral_Thrawn_1

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

If it's t7, I might spam my Belfast just to spread the hate.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles

You do and you will be eating my AP shells thanks to certain smoke changes not too long ago...

[GLHF]
Beta Testers
4,968 posts
15,562 battles

Season six was T7

With a lot Belfats :)

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles
1 minute ago, Admiral_Thrawn_1 said:

You do and you will be eating my AP shells thanks to certain smoke changes not too long ago...

Not likely, I am a decent Belfast player.  You'll burn when you pee.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
Just now, crzyhawk said:

Not likely, I am a decent Belfast player.  You'll burn when you pee.

Ok then how's your AA... 

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Honestly not bad.  Belfast isn't bad at very much of anything.  It just can't torp lol

[RADAR]
Beta Testers
742 posts
7,187 battles

Personally, I want to see tier 1 ranked. I wanna see what happens. Odds are pretty good that the results will differ from what weve had so far.

Members
12,682 posts
14,320 battles
10 minutes ago, crzyhawk said:

Honestly not bad.  Belfast isn't bad at very much of anything.  It just can't torp lol

Well think I found a Destroyer that can beat your Belfast and it's Radar...  :cap_haloween:

IMG_0037.thumb.JPG.102b2a230c32adac7c42a7849119304b.JPG

[ABDA]
Beta Testers
17,538 posts
12,810 battles

Very possibly.  I don't think it's T7 though!

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,604 battles
1 hour ago, crzyhawk said:

Very possibly.  I don't think it's T7 though!

Looks more like tier 17 or 77.

[WTFB]
Members
278 posts
2,734 battles

I have never understood ranked. Is there anything to it aside from a stroke of the ol'e E-Male Genitalia Envy?

Edited by Slyguy3129
Apparently the scientific word for the male genitalia is censored.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles

I personally liked tier 6 ranked... ;)  Got to 9 this year and got the best of the goods and stopped.

Sign in to follow this