Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
Young_Gatsu

Nickel and Diming

14 comments in this topic

[CSWLN]
Members
97 posts
15,684 battles

I know this is bread and butter for War Gaming but I just need to mention that the nickel and diming is just so petty and Im sick of bowing in complacency.

One example which I found to be ridic is that it costs me 22,000 credits to reapply a camo that I already have 14 of.... what? Oh and the whole charging doubloons just to unmount an upgrade is really tacky. One final gripe and this is more of a doubloon situation but when I pay for a day, or three days of premium I reallllly wish that number only applied to actual in game time. So if I buy 24 hours and I play for 4 hours, I should still have 20 left. We don't all have deep pockets and even when I do play it's only for about 3-6 hours at a time.

Sound off if you have similar issues!

Thanks!

• Meh 1

[NERO]
Members
3,630 posts

It shouldn't charge the credits if you have stock left. If it's doing that, that's a bug. 

Removing modules for doubloons is there to encourage spending credits on more modules instead, to make credits a little more valuable and a little less easy to keep on hand. 

I agree premium time should at least only deduct a day if you log in that day. I don't personally think a minute by minute or hour by hour accounting is needed, but a day by day would be nice. 

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles

What camo costs 22K credits?   Sounds far more likely to be a consumable - premium consumable at full price).  If you have a camo then you can apply it - period. When you run out - you can't apply it.  If it is premium camo then you pay doubloons for it and it is resupplied for free.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
11 minutes ago, TTK_Aegis said:

I agree premium time should at least only deduct a day if you log in that day. I don't personally think a minute by minute or hour by hour accounting is needed, but a day by day would be nice. 

A to the minute premium time would not work for a F2P game.  People who bought a years worth could easily make it last double that, at a minimum 1.5 years for a paid year - it woujd be a mess.

Members
6,886 posts
14,859 battles
2 minutes ago, Daytonaboss said:

type 5 cost 22,500 if you dont have any in stock.

D'OH - thought I hit all of the ones I had and missed it. 

So - to the OP - if that is the camo then you need to take a screenshot of it costing you and a screenshot of you having a supply of camo.  IF you are being charged then the count of what you have on hand should not drop.  I would look at the notifications closely to see if you are being charged for a consumable that you might have mistook for camo.

[PSP]
[PSP]
Members
19,325 posts

Demounting camo is free. You only get charged for in-game camo if you have the boxes selected to automatically resupply it and to use credits or doubloons if there is none in your inventory. When I was first playing I got some doubloons from a crate. I was happy but then in a few games they were gone. I didn't find out until much later that I had inadvertently checked the box to buy camo with doubloons. 

Edited by Snargfargle

[FLAGG]
Members
98 posts

Year of premium special this year bundled with flags for 70 some dollars.  I was paying to support this game, but I found that so lame I have stopped.  Only 11 days of premium left and I'm going free on principle.  I probably spent about 500 or so this last year.  I love the game but I'm not going to mindlessly pay for everything.    

Members
2,066 posts
23,609 battles
3 hours ago, TTK_Aegis said:

It shouldn't charge the credits if you have stock left. If it's doing that, that's a bug. 

Removing modules for doubloons is there to encourage spending credits on more modules instead, to make credits a little more valuable and a little less easy to keep on hand. 

WarThunder does Prem time by battles which is much better on the consumer.

[SALVO]
Members
28,053 posts
41,604 battles
1 hour ago, IronMike11B4O said:

WarThunder does Prem time by battles which is much better on the consumer.

Actually, you can kinda-sorta do this in WoWS too.  You can do it by buying the economic flags that give you boosts to credits and XP earned.  Premium time gives you a 50% bonus to credits, XP, commander's XP, and Free XP.  Just buy the flags that give you these bonuses (though the credit bonus flag is only +20%) and there ya go.  Premium "time" on a per battle basis.

This link is to the bundle that provides you will 100 of each of the 5 economic flags, for $14.99.   Essentially 100 battles of "premium time" for about $15 bucks.

https://na.wargaming.net/shop/wows/customizations/3597/

Edited by Crucis

[WOLF7]
Members
12,620 posts
4 hours ago, Young_Gatsu said:

I know this is bread and butter for War Gaming but I just need to mention that the nickel and diming is just so petty and Im sick of bowing in complacency.

One example which I found to be ridic is that it costs me 22,000 credits to reapply a camo that I already have 14 of.... what? Oh and the whole charging doubloons just to unmount an upgrade is really tacky. One final gripe and this is more of a doubloon situation but when I pay for a day, or three days of premium I reallllly wish that number only applied to actual in game time. So if I buy 24 hours and I play for 4 hours, I should still have 20 left. We don't all have deep pockets and even when I do play it's only for about 3-6 hours at a time.

Sound off if you have similar issues!

Thanks!

Only time it will charge you is when you run out of the camo you're using.

Simple fix for the camo...Uncheck the box.

dRcfNnT.png

Edited by awiggin

Members
926 posts
5,744 battles
5 hours ago, CylonRed said:

A to the minute premium time would not work for a F2P game.  People who bought a years worth could easily make it last double that, at a minimum 1.5 years for a paid year - it woujd be a mess.

For someone to do that in less than 2 years is actually a scary thought. Even at 2 years it would require someone to play about 40 battles a day, every day, in order to run out of premium.

Sign in to follow this