You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Goozombies

Reversal of premium bundle purchase?

15 comments in this topic

[CDOGS] Goozombies 20
163 posts
4,038 battles

I got a coupon from WG for 30% off any bundle purchase from the premium shop so I headed over to the shop to see the doubloon packages (trying to get the Missouri). I clicked the 'Admiral's Locker' package to see if the coupon would be applied so I could get the item for $70. I had no intention of actually buying the item. The coupon was not applied and I ended up buying the item because there was no 'click to confirm purchase' page. So now I'm stuck with a $99.99 charge to PayPal that I'm bummed about. I haven't spent anything yet and I have created a support ticket for the issue. How likely do you think WG would refund me?

1,826 posts
3 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Contact support and ask them.  Only way you're going to know.

8 minutes ago, Goozombies said:

I got a coupon from WG for 30% off any bundle purchase from the premium shop so I headed over to the shop to see the doubloon packages (trying to get the Missouri). I clicked the 'Admiral's Locker' package to see if the coupon would be applied so I could get the item for $70. I had no intention of actually buying the item. The coupon was not applied and I ended up buying the item because there was no 'click to confirm purchase' page. So now I'm stuck with a $99.99 charge to PayPal that I'm bummed about. I haven't spent anything yet and I have created a support ticket for the issue. How likely do you think WG would refund me?

[CDOGS] Goozombies 20
163 posts
4,038 battles

Yup, I've already created a ticket as I have said.

1,432 posts
6,142 battles

Yep, that's the way PayPal has been working here for a while now, once you click the PayPal purchase tab, its all over and done.  There is no review of purchase, it just completes the sale, tells you thank you and moves on.

2,433 posts
5,402 battles

Yea that's happened to me. Was having intermittent net problems one night and didn't snap to it. Bought 6,000 doubloons 3 times!!

[NDA] kerensky914 1,099
3,853 posts
1,218 battles

They have been pretty good about things like this before, so maybe.

[CDOGS] Goozombies 20
163 posts
4,038 battles
4 minutes ago, Ghostdog1355 said:

Yea that's happened to me. Was having intermittent net problems one night and didn't snap to it. Bought 6,000 doubloons 3 times!!

Ouch mate. But I'm sure you got that resolved in the end right? And it wasn't $99.99.

2,433 posts
5,402 battles
2 minutes ago, Goozombies said:

Ouch mate. But I'm sure you got that resolved in the end right? And it wasn't $99.99.

Nah I didn't worry about it. Told my wife that 2 of the purchases were "Christmas" presents and spent it myself! Caught a little flack but after all she had spent I didn't feel too bad.

[WOLF1] toosonmike 38
343 posts
2,620 battles
25 minutes ago, Judge_Doom said:

Yep, that's the way PayPal has been working here for a while now, once you click the PayPal purchase tab, its all over and done.  There is no review of purchase, it just completes the sale, tells you thank you and moves on.

Totally the opposite for me, I have to log into paypal every time I make a purchase because I didn't click on "save my info".

OP, I  hope it works out for you.

[CDOGS] Goozombies 20
163 posts
4,038 battles

Can I still play the game normally then? I don't want to wait half a month for WG to respond. As long as I don't spend any credits or doubloons I'll be fine right?

[FOXEH] Umikami 1,350
6,010 posts
12,207 battles

Support has dealt with a couple of my issues involving ships and money and I can say without hesitation I have always been treated fairly.

[WOLF1] toosonmike 38
343 posts
2,620 battles
18 minutes ago, Goozombies said:

Can I still play the game normally then? I don't want to wait half a month for WG to respond. As long as I don't spend any credits or doubloons I'll be fine right?

In my experience dealing with CS, they're fast and very helpful. Normally get an answer within the hour.

I don't think you should spend any doubloons though til you hear back from them.

[CDOGS] Goozombies 20
163 posts
4,038 battles

They offered me a full refund so hopefully they'll do that soon. Already replied back and just waiting for their reply.

1,432 posts
6,142 battles
43 minutes ago, Goozombies said:

They offered me a full refund so hopefully they'll do that soon. Already replied back and just waiting for their reply.

Outstanding!  Hope they come through for you, that is great news not just for you but for others that may incur the same problem.