Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 20 battles to post in this section.
TheDreadnought

My impression of Musashi after 8 or so games. . .

7 comments in this topic

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,720 posts

She's ok.

Guns do hit pretty hard and are reasonably accurate with the upgrade.
Secondaries are more effective than they are given credit for.  They can help you.
If you get hit just right by a comparable BB, you're going to take MASSIVE damage.  I'm assuming this is the effect of the overly-high citadel.
Vulnerable to carriers, but your TDS shrugs off torpedo hits pretty well.
Get the skill that lets you keep 2 fighters in the air, and use them liberally for some extra AA defense & spotting

After 1 day, I'm running a 50% W/R on her, which is about 4 % - 8% lower than what I typically run on BBs.  But I think some of that is learning curve since I never picked up Yamato.

Would I buy her again?  Yes.
Is Missouri better?  Yes in some ways, but not in others.
Is she fun?  I think she will be.
Is she OP?  No, I don't think so.
Is she underpowered?  Definitely not.

I think WG hit the sweet spot of a balanced Tier 9 BB with this release.  Which is a shame. . . I wanted her to be OP AF.  LOL

Edit:  On the issue of credits. . . she still makes bank on credits.  Maybe not wildly over the top like Missouri.  But honestly, I think Missouri's credit rep is a little over-inflated, and Musashi's is a little underrated.  You'll do fine credit wise with her.  Her +100% experience camo is also a nice feature.

• Cool 2

Members
3,114 posts
13,609 battles
50 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I wanted her to be OP AF.  LOL

It is.  It wrecks things, and I am not that good.

1ixEbX6.jpg

[WIB]
Alpha Tester
3,978 posts
2,472 battles

Good review and I kind of feel the same way about her overall though I haven't quite played enough to determine if I feel she is balanced or OP from a game play standpoint.

As far as credit earning, I personally am disappointed.  Due to the review and previews that were posted before she came out, I knew she was going to make less than the Missouri, I was just quite shocked at how much lower.

Best as I can tell she earn about as much as a good Tier 8 premium BB....as a Tier 9 Premium BB....that costs 750k Free XP :Smile_sceptic::Smile_sceptic::Smile_sad:

Personally think that needs to be buffed a bit since she is now the only premium ship we have that doesn't earn more credits as you go up to a higher tier.  Doesn't need to be Missouri levels but I should be making a NET profit of maybe 10-15% more than a Tier 8 premium.  If not credits then maybe a baked in 10% bonus to Free XP or even Commander XP just to make it stand out as a Tier 8 premium.    I guess what is even more disturbing is if you buy the premium camo for the Roma, you will actually be making more income than the Musashi at Tier 9.

Other than that though, I like the Musashi.  Even though the lowered  Sigma value makes a huge difference in the gun performance, she is still a very strong and fun ship to play. If it wasn't for the reduced credit income, I would even highly recommend her to everyone.  With the reduced income I would say get it only if you can't get Missouri or have the Missouri and Nelson and still have 750k Free XP floating around with nothing to spent it on.  Otherwise, if you are looking for a credit earner, just get the Tirpitz, Roma, Alabama or other Top Grade Tier 8 premium. 

[PVE]
Members
12,064 posts
21,291 battles

The question isn't if she's OP or not, the question is, do I want to spend 10,000 doubloons on her or grind the rest of the Free XP? +1 TD

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[-B-Z-]
Alpha Tester
715 posts
4,225 battles
17 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

The question isn't if she's OP or not, the question is, do I want to spend 10,000 doubloons on her or grind the rest of the Free XP? +1 TD

I've already got 908K fxp, but I also have the Missouri. All I pretty much do is collect and play premium these days as grinding got old fast. As to whether you should spend doubloons or work on fxp, only you can determine what you're willing to pay for it if you want it. The good news is she isn't going anywhere for a while so you have time to reduce or eliminate that doubloon  expense.

[ARGSY]
Members
10,326 posts
16,228 battles

with free premium camo for yamato,  it may make sense for some people to just grind yammy.  it would have cost me less FXP to do that since I had izumo unlocked, but I am also enjoying mushi since it is t10 bote at t9. 

[KRAB]
Members
949 posts
7,418 battles

Once again - unless WG looks at overmatch Musashi will always be broken. The mechanic is basically an I-win button against any other BB (except a T10, where they might be able to out-DPS you with sheer weight of shells or Conqueror HE spam.) It even makes you more effective against most T10 cruisers, which have 30mm sections specifically designed to block 420mm guns but not 457 or 460.

Sign in to follow this