You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

Yamato Nerfed?

32 comments in this topic

[TSF]
Members
73 posts
9,945 battles

I can attest that this is still an ongoing problem. I regularly have Yamato games with 90%+ overpen. I regularly land full salvos, dead on the waterline, on broadsiding BBs, for almost no damage. Something was changed at or near the time Musashi was introduced. Yamato is still broken, in a bad way.

Members
2,138 posts
11,313 battles

Hey

There are a lot of BB's these days that are hitting ships but yet doing little damage; even in my GK, I am seeing more and more overpens, broken shells, ricochet's and yes even full pens, but no damage.  BB damage is far more erratic than it was a year ago, more RNG based than ever before.  And now you have the BB AP damage to DD nerf; that when you switch from AP to HE, you still can't kill a DD, even if you get 6-8 pens, which is tough to begin with.  While I do routinely have those 100K plus games, it just feels like the game is less consistent overall.  Just watch how late in the game, your team is winning and then all of a sudden you cant hit for any damage, while the enemy seems like they have no problems making their shots, RNG?

Pete

Members
152 posts
9,798 battles

I had the same thing happen to me with the Montana in one game only.  28 hits and 3k damage at close range to the broadside.  Then it went back to normal.  That was a few days ago and no repeat problem.

[WAKE]
[WAKE]
Members
193 posts
16,339 battles

Older post, but I, along with several clan members and in game contacts, recently noticed some weirdness going on with Yamato and its accuracy. 

I'm not really sure how to explain it other than, the ships just not accurate since last patch.

I did a test bed by taking yamato into a training room against 12 ships, mix of T10 cruisers and Battleships. I then fired 3x salvos at each target ship, which was set to sit still, from 17km, 12km, then 8km.

I equipped the yamato with aiming systems mod 1, and the legendary modification. 

In the training session, i boated to the broadside of all targets to ensure optimal hitting chances and aimed at the citadel for each target. 

I did this in two sessions to see an average. 

The results were concerning...

The first game I ended up firing all three guns, generating 297 shots 197 were hits. Before the session of 20mins ended. I achieved 550k damage...but achieved only 15x citadels. 

Second session I fired 300x shots, 210 hits. 16x citadels were achieved. 520K damage was achieved. 

I then switched the battleship to the Montana, with aiming systems mod 1, and its legendary mod. Also, for a better 1-1 comparison, I only fired 3x main guns to mimic the yamato's 3x main guns. 

I generated 209 shots, 115 hits, and produced 15x citadels. The session ended abruptly in 15mins since I outright obliterated enough bbs and cruisers to drop the enemy bots team points to zero. 

In a second session with montana, I fired 180 shots. 17x citadels. Again, the session ended abruptly, this time at 13mins. I took a little longer to get in position this time around, and make sure only to fire 3x main guns. 

This is where im concerned... the yammy is suppose to be "the most accurate" with a "higher chance to citadel". At least this is what's touted. 

Before the rework, id totally agree. If you had the aim, you could produce reliable citadels. 

Post rework patch, it definitely doesn't appear as reliable in my testing. I mean... the montana seems to hit the mark (citadel) much more reliably, and it doesn't even have the same levels of accuracy as the yamato. 

Again... im not the only one noticing this. 

Are we just coo-coo for cocoa puffs here, or has yammy's accuracy been nerfed? Can someone explain why this might he happening? 

Beta Testers
1,782 posts

I have videos from before Musashi was implemented and from 30km range down to 22km the Yamato shells fell in a very tight, very accurate spread. 

Post Musashi these same shells spread out widely at these ranges..which is supposed to be Yamato's highest accuracy area. At close range, 18km to 12km, Yamato shells spread vertically as if a tornado were in the way.

So, when they 'changed' the Musashi shells to make them less accurate, they somehow fooked up the Yamato shell accuracy as well. They may see and have the original values of sigma,etc in the Yamato shells but something else is borking them badly. 

Prior to the Armor pen/etc changes, Yamato AP could hit a ship broadside above the citadel and do reliable high damage (20k+).  After the changes however, AP in this ship has become the worst you can possibly use. An AP shell either results in :

Overpen (70% of the times) , very low damage 'pen' (as in, 2k damage pen on a 100% health BB...this happens roughly 20% of the time ) or an outright zero damage pen (remaining 10%)...and citadels are an RNG gift since almost every single shot you take at a broadside ship, aiming at its citadel, when there is no reason whatsoever you could possibly miss...and you get overpens on the citadel (wth????). 

Then we have the issue of its HE shells. Yamato shells weigh 1 ton. Their explosive charge is massive. Yet in this game, it does just about the same HE damage than a 155mm HE shell. Yamato HE should be like Conq's in terms of penetration and blast radius...but not as strong in damage or it'd be OP. 

Finally, we get the always expected ninja nerf in favor of soviet bias ships. The moment soviet BBs came into the game with the gimmick of super-accuracy at mid ranges, Yamato accuracy and damage dropped at those same ranges. Right after the patch, Yamato shells suddenly developed huge vertical dispersion at mid ranges to the point where firing at a cruiser's citadel waterline at 12km has you see more than half your shells just fly above the target ship. 

WG needs to re-code the Yamato AP shells and their accuracy from scratch to fix them.  

[CWM]
Members
475 posts
15,277 battles
On 8/5/2019 at 9:45 AM, Skyfaller said:

I have videos from before Musashi was implemented and from 30km range down to 22km the Yamato shells fell in a very tight, very accurate spread. 

Post Musashi these same shells spread out widely at these ranges..which is supposed to be Yamato's highest accuracy area. At close range, 18km to 12km, Yamato shells spread vertically as if a tornado were in the way.

So, when they 'changed' the Musashi shells to make them less accurate, they somehow fooked up the Yamato shell accuracy as well. They may see and have the original values of sigma,etc in the Yamato shells but something else is borking them badly. 

Prior to the Armor pen/etc changes, Yamato AP could hit a ship broadside above the citadel and do reliable high damage (20k+).  After the changes however, AP in this ship has become the worst you can possibly use. An AP shell either results in :

Overpen (70% of the times) , very low damage 'pen' (as in, 2k damage pen on a 100% health BB...this happens roughly 20% of the time ) or an outright zero damage pen (remaining 10%)...and citadels are an RNG gift since almost every single shot you take at a broadside ship, aiming at its citadel, when there is no reason whatsoever you could possibly miss...and you get overpens on the citadel (wth????). 

Then we have the issue of its HE shells. Yamato shells weigh 1 ton. Their explosive charge is massive. Yet in this game, it does just about the same HE damage than a 155mm HE shell. Yamato HE should be like Conq's in terms of penetration and blast radius...but not as strong in damage or it'd be OP. 

Finally, we get the always expected ninja nerf in favor of soviet bias ships. The moment soviet BBs came into the game with the gimmick of super-accuracy at mid ranges, Yamato accuracy and damage dropped at those same ranges. Right after the patch, Yamato shells suddenly developed huge vertical dispersion at mid ranges to the point where firing at a cruiser's citadel waterline at 12km has you see more than half your shells just fly above the target ship. 

WG needs to re-code the Yamato AP shells and their accuracy from scratch to fix them.  

This was posted way back in August but I doubt anything has been done as normally I can do more damage with my Montana than my Yamato. Good accurate salvos but damage numbers way down on Yamato and fewer citadel shots. Hell sometimes I get better numbers with HE shells on a broadside target. I grinded all the way up to T10 on a ship that is rather disappointing these days.

Beta Testers
1,782 posts
57 minutes ago, dust340man said:

This was posted way back in August but I doubt anything has been done as normally I can do more damage with my Montana than my Yamato. Good accurate salvos but damage numbers way down on Yamato and fewer citadel shots. Hell sometimes I get better numbers with HE shells on a broadside target. I grinded all the way up to T10 on a ship that is rather disappointing these days.

and what did get added to the game?

A SOVIET BB with obscenely OP and blatantly biased accuracy . Funny thing is, if you see that thing fire at its max range and compare its shell dispersion upon hitting water to Yamato's at same range or at Yamato's max range, the Kremlin's shells have a much tighter vertical and horizontal dispersion. 

OP at long range, OP at close range, unkillable by AP when bow on, nearly immune to HE bow on and rapid re-use heals and damage control...plus an equally laughable designed-for-this-ship biasOP'd captain that makes all those features ten times better. 

• Angry 1