You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

Yamato Nerfed?

28 comments in this topic

[SF-E]
Members
24 posts
8,922 battles

I can attest that this is still an ongoing problem. I regularly have Yamato games with 90%+ overpen. I regularly land full salvos, dead on the waterline, on broadsiding BBs, for almost no damage. Something was changed at or near the time Musashi was introduced. Yamato is still broken, in a bad way.

Members
1,770 posts
9,310 battles

Hey

There are a lot of BB's these days that are hitting ships but yet doing little damage; even in my GK, I am seeing more and more overpens, broken shells, ricochet's and yes even full pens, but no damage.  BB damage is far more erratic than it was a year ago, more RNG based than ever before.  And now you have the BB AP damage to DD nerf; that when you switch from AP to HE, you still can't kill a DD, even if you get 6-8 pens, which is tough to begin with.  While I do routinely have those 100K plus games, it just feels like the game is less consistent overall.  Just watch how late in the game, your team is winning and then all of a sudden you cant hit for any damage, while the enemy seems like they have no problems making their shots, RNG?

Pete

Members
152 posts
9,595 battles

I had the same thing happen to me with the Montana in one game only.  28 hits and 3k damage at close range to the broadside.  Then it went back to normal.  That was a few days ago and no repeat problem.