You need to play a total of 10 battles to post in this section.
Skyfaller

Yamato Nerfed?

29 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
1,488 posts

Since this new patch I've been consistently seeing Yamato AP shells literally registering as 'pens' (not overpens) and doing zero damage. 

In my last battle a DD took a pen right in front.. in the nose.. and it penned.. for zero damage. 

Hit an Iowa flat broadside 10km in the citadel.. where normally a shot like that would hit for 2 or 3 citadels... registered SIX pens... ZERO DAMAGE. 

What have they changed this patch? wth? 

Beta Testers
1,488 posts

err.. flat broadside.. 10km.. citadel in center.. it registers six pens. iowa. Even if RNG shat on me and gave me no citadels it should still not have given zero damage when it does 6 pens. I keep seeing this zero damage every time now after the patch. 

[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,298 posts
12,407 battles

They are storing 29% of all damage done by Yamato's and releasing them as extra damage done when Musashi's hit ships.  It's just a marketing tool to speed up "word - of - mouth" sales for the Musashi.  Once the Missouri gets mothballed all damage will revert to normal.

Does this help answer your question (y/n)?

• Funny 1

[SWOB]
[SWOB]
Alpha Tester
1,147 posts
6,651 battles

LOL @BiggieD61.

Seriously though, if you really think that there's a problem, submit a replay to WG -- preferably many of them.  Bugs happen, but they're not going to act on a single forum post, they'll need a lot more data than that.

• Cool 1

[HINON]
Privateers
6,265 posts
3,159 battles
24 minutes ago, Skyfaller said:

err.. flat broadside.. 10km.. citadel in center.. it registers six pens. iowa. Even if RNG shat on me and gave me no citadels it should still not have given zero damage when it does 6 pens. I keep seeing this zero damage every time now after the patch. 

If you are hitting the broadside of a ship, keep in mind the torpedo protection. Sometimes shells will go through that section of hull, penetrating the torpedo bulges, but shattering against the hull itself. This will register the hits as penetrations, as the shells did go through that first bit of armour. However, shattering on the actual hull of the ship—while not represented in the hit markers—will have the shell doing 0 damage. This sort of thing is also commonly seen shooting at ships with multiple, layered levels of armour, offset from one another. The French cruisers are a great example of that.   

Oh, and needless to say, no. The Yamato has not been nerfed. It's just bad luck on your part, and should clear up sooner or later as long as you keep a steady mind. Don't let it bother you. 

Edited by RivertheRoyal
  • Cool 3

Beta Testers
1,693 posts
3,820 battles

Well that wouldn't be the only problem since Reddit has a couple of threads going on about the armor model of the Yamato turrets being messed with. This is causing more turret explosions where there was none in the prior patch

[SQUAD]
[SQUAD]
Members
182 posts
545 battles

If they'd changed anything, they'd have said so. They didnt say anything about it, so, it didn't happen.

[RKLES]
Members
8,929 posts
10,828 battles
25 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

They are storing 29% of all damage done by Yamato's and releasing them as extra damage done when Musashi's hit ships.  It's just a marketing tool to speed up "word - of - mouth" sales for the Musashi.  Once the Missouri gets mothballed all damage will revert to normal.

Does this help answer your question (y/n)?

Wargaming storing 29% of all damage done by Yamato's!?!?! Don't they know how disasterous storing that much Yamato Damage for that long In Wargaming HQ can be!?!?!?IMG_0134.thumb.JPG.25fa854e44d7e7fb1701b50853560b32.JPG

Beta Testers
11 posts

It would be a PR nightmare if they nerfed a ship without telling people about it in the patch notes.

I highly doubt they did.

However it could be, as previously mentioned, a bug due to Yamato and Musashi potentially having some code overlap/sharing. I'd take replays and send them in if it's truly as consistent as you say it is.

[YAN]
Members
1,649 posts
8,021 battles

Considering the new Midway changes, it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed the only remaining T10 battleship with a citadel.

• Funny 1

[NNC]
Members
2,088 posts
9,512 battles
7 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

Considering the new Midway changes, it wouldn't surprise me if they nerfed the only remaining T10 battleship with a citadel.

Montana still has a juciy citadel lmbo. Nearly dev stuck a getman grosser from 17km the other day with 3 cits

Members
328 posts
10,322 battles
17 hours ago, xDiaboliquex said:

If they'd changed anything, they'd have said so. They didnt say anything about it, so, it didn't happen.

LOL!  Sure, since DEVs have never adjusted anything on the DL

[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
On 1/18/2018 at 8:44 PM, xDiaboliquex said:

[edited].  WG has stealth nerfed before; they rarely admit it.

Beta Testers
1,488 posts
On 1/21/2018 at 11:04 AM, WolfofWarship said:

Hello @Skyfaller, could you please contact our support team about this? If it is indeed a bug, this will be hugely helpful for us when we are working to fix it!

The team can be reached here: https://na.wargaming.net/support/tickets

Been several patches, no changes. Zero damage pens still are the norm. 

Whatever was done when Musashi was introduced has borked something in the Yamato... or perhaps its the shell or the gun code itself. 

Recently I had a Montana at 4km range its flat broadside showing to me and once again, guns fired at citadel center area, 6 pens register... and damage counter does not change nor does Montana's HP drop. 

Even weirder, overpens are now a thing on near waterline or at waterline broadside shots. That should literally not be possible as the shells are literally going through the thickest armor of the ship, all its boliers/citadel internals and hitting the armor on the other side to boot. 

Its absurd that Yamato now has to 'game the failure design' of this game to do damage... because for some reason, post Musashi patch, Yamato shells only do high damage if hitting the upper side belt armor. I can pull 40k damage on a BB without hitting citadel when I fire there.. but if tap the citadel area its a zero damage pen or an overpen for 1k~ damage. In fact its becoming game-the-game that HE is a more reliable damage dealer than AP and that is disgusting to even consider. 

[IJNAS]
Members
5 posts
2,174 battles

I'm going to quit this game soon if they don't stop with the stealth nerfs. After the last few patches my yamato is doing about 20k damage after hitting 20-30 shells, many on full broadsides. To make it worse, the turrets are absolutely retarded. Check what mine are doing the last game, they're moving 360 degrees, but in the opposite direction to where I'm aiming. Turret 3 is moving clockwise in this picture, right through the secondary turret!

20180319231256_1.jpg

20180319231238_1.jpg

[BS]
Members
1,390 posts
7,684 battles
2 hours ago, Booster_ZA said:

I'm going to quit this game soon if they don't stop with the stealth nerfs. After the last few patches my yamato is doing about 20k damage after hitting 20-30 shells, many on full broadsides. To make it worse, the turrets are absolutely retarded. Check what mine are doing the last game, they're moving 360 degrees, but in the opposite direction to where I'm aiming. Turret 3 is moving clockwise in this picture, right through the secondary turret!

20180319231256_1.jpg

20180319231238_1.jpg

heh, what are these trying to show?

• Angry 1

Beta Testers
1,488 posts

EP0NGOp.jpg

Wj2sg1f.jpg

This is the turdfest that keeps happening in Yamato ever since Musashi was patched into the game. 

Gun accuracy is fubar compared to before. Shells do zero damage on pens. Shells hit ships in solidly in their side armor, be it lower waterline (citadel) area or upper armor belt for incredibly low damage considering this is Yamato firing AP shells at BBs whose armor it should be basically ignoring at any range under 10km. 

What is this WG? Do you have to stealth nerf and completely ignore issues with IJN but holy cow a single little issue with soviet ships gets patched right away? 

[IJNAS]
Members
5 posts
2,174 battles
On 3/20/2018 at 1:29 AM, HorrorRoach said:

heh, what are these trying to show?

The rear turret is moving through the secondary turret etc. It's supposed to rotate the other way..

Untitled.png

Edited by Booster_ZA
Added screenshot

[PT-SD]
[PT-SD]
Members
106 posts
10,851 battles

Thanks foe the heads-up on the Yamato. With these kinds of problems

and the price of the ship I will not purchase it!

[SCREW]
Members
35 posts
6,911 battles

Was there ever a support ticket sent in about the Yamato over-penetration at waterline and zero pen issues discussed in this thread?