You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
WGKal

confused about ramming

20 comments in this topic

[EGN] WGKal 1
9 posts
1,214 battles

In a domination game, if I ram someone, both of us are sink, who will get the score?

[RUST] Ducky_shot 437
1,070 posts
6,406 battles

You are both dead, you both kill each other. If you are the last 2 ships left then it should end in a draw, however i have seen it award the win to one of the teams.... 

[F-U] X15 467
1,877 posts
4,777 battles

If it's not a draw, it would go to the team with more points.

[TBW] Sovereigndawg 691
3,665 posts
9,853 battles

Some times one lives, they are the clear winner in that case. Always hit repair right after ramming in case you lived and are flooding, it can mean the difference between life and death. I would have survived once if I had. I still got the achievement but didn't se the flooding until it was too late, like 3 or 4 seconds. Ramming is the only other way to cause flooding other than torps it seems.

Edited by Sovereigndawg

[RUST] Ducky_shot 437
1,070 posts
6,406 battles
2 minutes ago, X15 said:

If it's not a draw, it would go to the team with more points.

Not necessarily, lert and lwm found that ramming in a certain game mode in training room favored one player over another. It would always give the win to the one player no matter the setup. 

228 posts
3,184 battles

Hey there everyone! That is correct. If the battle does not end in a draw, the victory should be awarded to the team with the most points at the time the ships ramming into each other occurred.

• Cool 2

2,468 posts
5,426 battles
43 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey there everyone! That is correct. If the battle does not end in a draw, the victory should be awarded to the team with the most points at the time the ships ramming into each other occurred

That's it. Been there.

[TSG4B] ObiwankzKenobi 114
952 posts
5,522 battles
2 hours ago, WGKal said:

who will get the score?

equipped yourself the Ramming signal and no-one will dare to ram you.

[EGN] WGKal 1
9 posts
1,214 battles

3 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Hey there everyone! That is correct. If the battle does not end in a draw, the victory should be awarded to the team with the most points at the time the ships ramming into each other occurred.

but what if there are other ships left on both teams? Which team got the score in this case?

I had a very frustraded match today. It comes down to me (a BB) and another BB are the last ones alive, than the other side is ahead on points. I thought that if I ram him (the nose of my ship ram into the side of his ship), then I'll get the score, so even if both of us are dead, we'll still win by points. But, as you have said, I was obviously wrong. :(

[TF16] DanielLeary 49
410 posts
4,895 battles

When you ram another ship, you will do your ship's total HP pool as damage and cause a guaranteed flooding.  For Example, a Missouri (HP:  78,300) rams a full health Yamato (97,200), causing 78,200 damage to the Yamato, dropping the Yamato's HP to 18,900 and causing the Yamato to flood.  In this example, you take 97,200 damage and because you don't have the HP pool to absorb it, you die.  This obviously assumes you or the Yamato are not running the ramming flag.

263 posts
8,224 battles
33 minutes ago, WGKal said:

but what if there are other ships left on both teams? Which team got the score in this case?

If that happens, assuming they're both battleships, both teams will gain 40 points for the kill and lose 60 points for the death, resulting in a net loss of 20 points and one ship for both teams, and the match will continue.

• Cool 1

[WG-CC] LittleWhiteMouse 18,038
7,597 posts
6,265 battles
6 hours ago, WGKal said:

In a domination game, if I ram someone, both of us are sink, who will get the score?

6 hours ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

I've tested this.  This isn't the case.  Point disparity doesn't decide who wins or who loses and the result isn't a draw.  One side will win, one side will lose.  In my testing, using Training Rooms, not matter how I stacked the deck, I was unable to win any of the 20 or so matches we tried this out on, even when I had a points advantage.  I'm uncertain how the game decides who wins and who loses, but it definitely isn't by points.

[WAIFU] Muki41 66
303 posts
7,853 battles

Believe the winner is who ever the server register died second, but probably could use some testing...

515 posts
12,921 battles

My theory...

If any teammates are alive on either team:

7 hours ago, grumpymunky said:

If that happens, assuming they're both battleships, both teams will gain 40 points for the kill and lose 60 points for the death, resulting in a net loss of 20 points and one ship for both teams, and the match will continue.

That's just the facts...+1 for stating the obvious.

Of course if both are not BBs insert appropriate #s for whatever ships there are & if ram flags are in play do the math on those also to see if either of them survives & joins in on that last part..."and the match will continue".

In a 1 on 1 scenario:

It's a gun fight game...I think (& believe) that it should give it to the one that didn't intentionally ram but w/even fewer hit points tried to outmaneuver & tried to shoot down the other for the win...not the draw.

I believe the one that initiates the ram by turning into the enemy for the ram loses. Even (& especially) if the rammer has more HP & team is in the lead & the Rammer is just losing the gun fight (aka is out of position while getting hammered). I believe even in a Training Room scenario the computer is using this logic on it.

Even w/ram flags if after the exact multipliers are taken into account if you initiated the ram you will lose if the ram also ended in your death.

If it doesn't result in your death of course you win but I believe (& I could be wrong about this as it "may" just count you as alive while the other person is dead at the end but it "may") if you have enough to survive & their is only enough life left that 1 tick of flooding will kill you then it "may" kill you & you will still lose if you initiated the ram...unless your Damage Control was presently active during the ram then even w/1 HP you will win as no flooding will affect you of course.

If both parties turned into each other at the exact moment & both die the ship w/the most HP loses (as they had the least reason to ram).

5 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

I've tested this.  This isn't the case.  Point disparity doesn't decide who wins or who loses and the result isn't a draw.  One side will win, one side will lose.  In my testing, using Training Rooms, not matter how I stacked the deck, I was unable to win any of the 20 or so matches we tried this out on, even when I had a points advantage.  I'm uncertain how the game decides who wins and who loses, but it definitely isn't by points.

I haven't tried testing any of this myself...but could this theory account for your testing results.

Edited by IfYouSeeKhaos

[RUST] cheereereerios 41
233 posts
7,611 battles

Had a ranked battle last night where a red BB managed to ram one of our BB's and live, receiving Die Hard, then several minutes later ram another one of our BB's. *sigh*

[-QP2-] Kevs02Accord 112
815 posts
5,530 battles
1 hour ago, cheereereerios said:

Had a ranked battle last night where a red BB managed to ram one of our BB's and live, receiving Die Hard, then several minutes later ram another one of our BB's. *sigh*

I have seen this several times, our team even did it in CW. It seems there is some sort of speed calculation. So if you are being rammed, but are reversing the person ramming you takes far more damage then you do. I haven't tried to duplicate in training room though.

83 posts
3,729 battles
16 minutes ago, Kevs02Accord said:

I have seen this several times, our team even did it in CW. It seems there is some sort of speed calculation. So if you are being rammed, but are reversing the person ramming you takes far more damage then you do. I haven't tried to duplicate in training room though.

There's also the signal flag you can apply that reduces the damage done to you and greatly increases the damage you do to the ship you ram.  Probably had that mounted.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

178 posts
194 battles
17 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

Now I'm really interested in the mechanics behind this, I wonder if the relatively low number of situations where ramming decided match outcome in live battles is part of why no one really thinks about this much.

[CNO] Soshi_Sone 1,212
2,886 posts
10,068 battles
30 minutes ago, TugboatCommander said:

Now I'm really interested in the mechanics behind this, I wonder if the relatively low number of situations where ramming decided match outcome in live battles is part of why no one really thinks about this much.

I wake up in a sweat night after night worrying about it.

Me (screaming in my sleep):  "I've been rammed!".  "I've been rammed".

Wife:  Wake up....you're having that nightmare again.

Me (panting):  I know....I'm just scared about it...I can't stop thinking about it...you know.

Wife:  It's OK honey...remember...you made bail this time.  

[OPEC] delp5117 176
749 posts
4,159 battles
18 hours ago, LittleWhiteMouse said:

There must be style points awarded on a yet to be determined scale.