You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Ace_04

POLL: Community Feedback on Roma

What are your initial impressions on Roma?  

166 members have voted

1. 1. What are your initial impressions on Roma?

• Great
    • Good
    • Meh
    • Underwhelming
    • What the heck is that beer can on her head?

89 comments in this topic

[-K-] Ace_04 874
3,906 posts
7,465 battles

After what seemed like an eternity of anticipation by many, I'm just curious to see the community's initial thoughts are on Roma now that she has been finally released.

I already have Giulio Cesare in port, so I'm not in a dire need of an Italian BB trainer.  However, if reviews for Roma are good enough, I may pick her up at some point.  She'd have a tough time competing for attention with North Carolina and Amagi in my port, though.

224 posts
3,169 battles

Just a reminder, please keep all feedback constructive. Anything posted that we determine is not so will possibly receive a warning and/or sanctions based on what is posted. When in doubt, think about this... What would Radar_X do? :fish_viking: Thanks!

• Cool 1
  • Bad 2

[RUST] Ducky_shot 402
1,040 posts
6,349 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Just a reminder, please keep all feedback constructive. Anything posted that we determine is not so will possibly receive a warning and/or sanctions based on what is posted. When in doubt, think about this... What would Radar_X do? :fish_viking: Thanks!

He'd ban you for not staying on topic... :Smile_playing: jk

Roma looks to be in the meh category for me. Not underpowered, no overpowered. I'll pass on it. Need to have some ships available to get in this year's Christmas crates. 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Cool 2
  • Funny 2

162 posts
6,841 battles

The beer can is just...well I need to be constructive so I will say that many manhours were put into the camo of that ship and surely it must be there for a purpose.

224 posts
3,169 battles
3 minutes ago, _ECSO_Sgt_088 said:

The beer can is just...well I need to be constructive so I will say that many manhours were put into the camo of that ship and surely it must be there for a purpose.

See...now was that so difficult? Appreciate you being constructive but don't be afraid to tell us what you don't like about the Roma. I get it though about the proverbial elephant in the room.

Elephant Room.png

• Funny 1

[CAPGO] 0806sung 69
355 posts
2,299 battles
1 minute ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

See...now was that so difficult? Appreciate you being constructive but don't be afraid to tell us what you don't like about the Roma. I get it though about the proverbial elephant in the room.

Elephant Room.png

the SIZE of the beer can. at least make it smaller so it fits the ship.. GAHHHH

• Cool 1

[YAN] Akeno017 193
862 posts
6,553 battles

I don't have her, but I seriously don't think her camouflage looks nice.

I also appreciate a battleship having a citadel for once..

[MIA-I] vonKaiser 659
2,401 posts
4,109 battles

I like the camo...  But everytime I look at Roma I'm expecting to see Solid Snake on the deck trying to steal that AI pod off of it

m4XXffO.jpg

• Funny 1

8 posts
431 battles

I brought the Roma but with-out the Beer can on top which looks unrealistic and stupid to me....... 

• Cool 1

[NAVET] Eric_Von_Hess 287
1,327 posts
15,187 battles

I also brought the Roma with-out that ugly beer can on top 

• Cool 1

162 posts
6,841 battles

Can't we make it a Whisky bottle instead, I'm not really a beer drinker anymore?

[-UCS-] LordMoros 4
40 posts
5,721 battles

I have played 2-3 games in the roma since purchase, the only real issue i have with it so far is the sigma. The "beer can" isnt an issue for me because I didnt pick up that camo, and I will not pick it up(dont like the look of it, and way too pricey).

[F-U] X15 463
1,857 posts
4,744 battles

I liked the beer can until I saw it in battle, that thing is just insanely huge. The rest of the camo is beautiful, and the designs on the can itself are great. But man, that's not a good size.

162 posts
6,841 battles
17 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Elephant Room.png

Nope, I have ZERO warning points left so I'm treading on thin ice.  

3,409 posts
7,448 battles
36 minutes ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Elephant Room.png

An elephant on Roma would have looked better, actually.

388 posts
12,474 battles

Got it without the beer can topper. I like her so far. And she is a beautiful ship. 

In AlfaTesters
4,015 posts
15,202 battles
1 hour ago, Super_Splash_Bro said:

Elephant Room.png

The Carthargians tried both against Rome and failed (K, the ships looked different but they tried)

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[VX9] LightningWaffle 108
309 posts
3,136 battles

Honestly, i want to get Roma, but I'm definitely not going to get her with that camo. The beer can kills it for me.

• Cool 1

28 posts
7,626 battles

Just curious, is there any way to disable having to see the Roma with that horrible beercan design? I like to keep my engagements somewhat historical, and I prefer not seeing ARP, HSF, & Halloween camos. It ruins the game for me.

Thanks,

T.

[-K-] Edgecase 862
2,313 posts
10,286 battles
13 minutes ago, Tapioka70 said:

Just curious, is there any way to disable having to see the Roma with that horrible beercan design? I like to keep my engagements somewhat historical, and I prefer not seeing ARP, HSF, & Halloween camos. It ruins the game for me.

Thanks,

T.

Do this, but disable that option instead of enabling it:

GIkBiEk.png

28 posts
7,626 battles

Yes, I'm aware of that filter, but I thought it only worked in port. Does it disable it in game from other players?

If so, that's great thank you!

[CNO] Soshi_Sone 1,204
2,873 posts
10,008 battles

Well, the poll did say "initial" impression.  Not having acquired her yet, my initial impression is on her stats.  I have a certain aptitude and style of play.  Looking at the pros and cons, and stats in general, this ships seems to fit both my aptitude and style.  But I won't know for sure until I give her a go. 

[SIM] SkaerKrow 732
1,793 posts
3,101 battles

She’s a pretty mediocre battleship (or a mediocre pretty battleship) with comfortable gun and turret performance, and serious issues with her armor scheme. Her high water citadel can just about be managed through awareness and angling on the part of the player, but the extreme fragility of her turrets disqualifies her from being anything more than a footnote or novelty.