You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
_Dracarys

No, Musashi is defeinitely better than MO

26 comments in this topic

Members
828 posts
6,334 battles

Played about 5 games so far on my new Musashi, played 300 games in my MO.

I average 92k dmg in MO and about 130k dmg in Musashi. Musashi is just much more comfortable to play, knowing you can take a beating and lolpen anyone. I just battled a MO at <10km range. I killed him from full hp while losing less than 10k hp.

Everyone get Musashi! it's way better.

The case against poor AA, well knowing i have poor AA i always group up with teammates and never get surprised bombed by CVs. It's like when you live in Michigan you know it's freaking cold so you are well prepared with heavy clothes, in California you assume it's warm and you end up not bringing enough clothes and freeze on the street.

• Bad 1

[-I-]
Members
721 posts
9,073 battles

You'll still make more bank in a MO for 92k than in a Musashi at 130k.  Get the MO first if you don't have it.  Then grind for the Musashi if you like.

Edited by Chuck_Wiggles
  • Cool 1

[TF16]
Members
831 posts
6,596 battles

Small sample size vs. considerable sample size.

Anyways, one instance of 1v1 isn't going to truly determine which ship is better.  And this is more of a feel than anything else.

I personally believe that the Missouri is the better of the ships when it comes to overall teamplay.  The Musashi has it's gun and health.  

Members
828 posts
6,334 battles
1 minute ago, Chuck_Wiggles said:

You'll still make more bank in a MO for 92k than in a Musashi at 130k.  Get the MO first if you don't have it.  Then grind for the Musashi if you like.

lol didnt i say i have 300 games in my MO. xD

Members
2,184 posts
8,353 battles

Played 386 battles in Missouri, 15 battles in Musashi.  I would be hard pressed to select one to keep if I had to choose between them, I like them both!  The division of Missouri/Musashi is definitely stronger than Missouri/Missouri or Musashi/Musashi.

I did have one game where it was down to only couple ships on each side, and I wished I was on Missouri instead of Musashi, solo Musashi is more vulnerable to planes and DD.  Also seeing Minotaur smoke up 10km away from you in Musashi makes you wish you brought Missouri instead... But I was glad to be in Musashi on multiple occasions as well.

Edited by Veksha

[5BS]
Members
5,944 posts

No, Musashi is defeinitely better than MO

Duh. Just look at it compared to it's tree counterpart, Izumo.

• Cool 1

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,398 posts
10,684 battles

Get both. Get the Missouri now and Musashi after.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,708 posts
2,612 battles
13 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

The case against poor AA, well knowing i have poor AA i always group up with teammates and never get surprised bombed by CVs. It's like when you live in Michigan you know it's freaking cold so you are well prepared with heavy clothes, in California you assume it's warm and you end up not bringing enough clothes and freeze on the street.

Not from California, are you?  :cap_haloween:

• Bad 1

[TAFFY]
Members
76 posts
4,950 battles

I have already owned the Missouri, now I'm grinding for Musashi. It takes a while to grind enough free XP.

[GWG]
[GWG]
Members
5,888 posts
2 minutes ago, _Dracarys said:

lol didnt i say i have 300 games in my MO. xD

Reading is OP..   I'm about 20K FXP short of 750K.  I also have the MO, and have occasional good games in it, especially for the credit grind at the end of the snowflake campaign.  For me, 6 Random missions is a LOT of playing for a day.  I already have the Yamato as well.  My highest IJN captain, however is 15 points.  Have 2 USN 19 pointers, though.  Training camo is an extra $25, huh?

My big question.....

What does the horn sound like?

• Cool 1

[SIM]
Members
3,173 posts
4,963 battles

I disagree, as I find the ships to be about equal to each other overall. Sure, Musashi wins out on DPM and hit points, but Missouri is better able to flex based on the progression of the battle, can provide her own AA, and can be decisive in cap situations thanks to her radar. Missouri is good at all of the things that Musashi is bad at, and decent at all of the things that Musashi is great at. 

Members
2,184 posts
8,353 battles

One thing to note: Missouri is the best credits farmer in the game, but Musashi is the best commander trainer in the game.  Long gone are the days when I needed to farm silver, but there's always some poor newbie captain to train.  Currently using Yamamoto on Musashi to train one on Giulio Cesare with elite XP.

Edited by Veksha

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,900 battles
31 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

Duh. Just look at it compared to it's tree counterpart, Izumo.

The izumo is not a fair comparison, it could be removed and added as a T8 premium..

Members
9,434 posts
11,601 battles

only downside to mushi is how one dimensional play it has.    I am more likely to push with mo than mushi.     otherwise,  its a good bote anyway.  

[WOLFG]
Members
109 posts
4,530 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

I average 92k dmg in MO and about 130k dmg in Musashi. Musashi is just much more comfortable to play, knowing you can take a beating and lolpen anyone. I just battled a MO at <10km range. I killed him from full hp while losing less than 10k hp.

I watched a Musashi battle a Friedrich der Große at close range 1vs1, no incoming fire from team mates.  It took forever for the Musashi to kill the German ship, even though the German ship was at like 15k hp when the fight started.  The Musashi was at about 70% health when the fight began, and was below 20% when it finally destroyed the German ship.  Had me thinking if those guns were as godlike as everyone is trying to make them sound.

Edited by Colonel_Potter

Members
828 posts
6,334 battles
Just now, Colonel_Potter said:

I watched a Musashi battle a Friedrich der Große at close range 1vs1, no incoming fire from team mates.  It took forever for the Musashi to kill the German ship, even though the German ship was at like 15k damage when the fight started.  The Musashi was at about 70% health when the fight began, and was below 20% when it finally destroyed the German ship.  Had me thinking if those guns were as godlike as everyone is trying to make them sound.

more details would help diagnose this.  I fought a FDG in my Musashi last night at 10-20km ranges, it indeed take many salvos (the focker doesnt have a citadel ffs), however the FDG could not do ANY damage to me because I was bow tanking, and I brought him from 80% to 0%.

[WOLFG]
Members
109 posts
4,530 battles
1 minute ago, _Dracarys said:

more details would help diagnose this.  I fought a FDG in my Musashi last night at 10-20km ranges, it indeed take many salvos (the focker doesnt have a citadel ffs), however the FDG could not do ANY damage to me because I was bow tanking, and I brought him from 80% to 0%.

The FDG was running, was about 8-10k ahead, at an angle from the Mushashi most of the time, usually when he fired.  The Musashi was chasing him.  Just made me wonder when I seen how long it took.  I mean, from what I've read about the 460s when people are boasting about them, they shred anything they touch.   Drew a picture how they were lined up, lol.

EpicBattle.jpg

• Cool 5
  • Funny 1

[5BS]
Members
5,944 posts
54 minutes ago, Akeno017 said:

The izumo is not a fair comparison, it could be removed and added as a T8 premium..

It is 100% the fair comparison. It *is* the T9. Love it. Hate it. It *is* the current T9 tree BB for the IJN and thus must be treated as the standard by which a premium BB, in the same position, is graded. How does the Musashi grade? Overpowered and ptw as hell, duh. If you can't see that you are either lying to others or yourself but you are not fooling me.

[YAN]
Members
1,648 posts
7,900 battles
9 minutes ago, _RC1138 said:

It is 100% the fair comparison. It *is* the T9. Love it. Hate it. It *is* the current T9 tree BB for the IJN and thus must be treated as the standard by which a premium BB, in the same position, is graded. How does the Musashi grade? Overpowered and ptw as hell, duh. If you can't see that you are either lying to others or yourself but you are not fooling me.

Compare Izumo with any T9 bb and its overpowered as all hell, everybody knows this and is why they DONT compare them.

The knowledge that Izumo is a terrible ship to play is well known, eventually something will be done about it. This is the fault of Izumo being completely underperforming except in the hands of a small few, she certainly needs changes, most notable QoL buffs.

Musashi should be compared to Iowa and Missouri if any, as these are her main competitors and represent the ideal T9 battleship.

[ADR]
Members
4,341 posts
14,089 battles
1 hour ago, _Dracarys said:

18" guns vs 16" guns.    Musashi  ( sit and be lazy, snipe at long range with lolpen guns)  MIssouri.. (needs to move, find targets that wont bounce)

Edited by Shadowrigger1

[NGAGE]
Members
4,242 posts
6,149 battles
3 hours ago, Veksha said:

One thing to note: Missouri is the best credits farmer in the game, but Musashi is the best commander trainer in the game.  Long gone are the days when I needed to farm silver, but there's always some poor newbie captain to train.  Currently using Yamamoto on Musashi to train one on Giulio Cesare with elite XP.

But then again, if you have a 19 point captain on the Yamato and earn the free HSF camo for that ship, then the Yamato has the same exact captain training potential as the Musashi.  

[YORHA]
[YORHA]
Members
40 posts
3,339 battles

I've played Yamato more than I can count. Going from Yamato to Musashi I really don't notice anything different from the playstyle perspective. 

shot-18.01.17_23.33.54-0051.jpg

Members
2,184 posts
8,353 battles
1 hour ago, yashma said:

But then again, if you have a 19 point captain on the Yamato and earn the free HSF camo for that ship, then the Yamato has the same exact captain training potential as the Musashi.  

No.  K117 camo does have +50% commander bonus, but they cut regular XP bonus from 100% to 50%.  So K117 commander earnings will be identical to using Yamato permanent camouflage, and quite inferior to Musashi.

And even if it DID have same +50% commander/+100% XP bonus, Musashi would still earn more commander XP.  Because T9 ships dealing damage to T10 ships gets rewarded more than T10 ship dealing damage to T10 ships.  This is why Missouri makes almost same XP as Yamato by dealing substantially less damage overall.

43i8lkie7wa01.jpg

[NGAGE]
Members
4,242 posts
6,149 battles
2 hours ago, Veksha said:

No.  K117 camo does have +50% commander bonus, but they cut regular XP bonus from 100% to 50%.  So K117 commander earnings will be identical to using Yamato permanent camouflage, and quite inferior to Musashi.

And even if it DID have same +50% commander/+100% XP bonus, Musashi would still earn more commander XP.  Because T9 ships dealing damage to T10 ships gets rewarded more than T10 ship dealing damage to T10 ships.  This is why Missouri makes almost same XP as Yamato by dealing substantially less damage overall.

43i8lkie7wa01.jpg

Ah fair enough then