You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.

23 comments in this topic

Members
1,584 posts
13,484 battles

Sigh... still have not paid off all over-exuberant Santa Crate purchases... so

Roma needs to wait... but congrats on getting a very beautiful ship

[TF16]
Members
831 posts
6,627 battles

Very nice!  

Would love to get her sometime soon.  

[NDA]
Supertester
3,329 posts
6,245 battles

Every time I see one of these roma threads I start thinking of spartacus boarding the ship and just taking her. 

I loved that show. 

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,526 posts

The Roma performs beautifully, now if only the MM would stop giving me donkey teams.

[SYN]
Alpha Tester, Beta Testers
30,523 posts
4,865 battles

I got Roma, but need to patch. Will play later.

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,655 posts
4,253 battles
41 minutes ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

got her, and shes as good looking as i hoped.

ROMA.png

I have her as well and she’s good at her tier.  Does she up-tier well?

[TBW]
Members
7,094 posts
13,055 battles

I wish she came with 10200 doubloons in the ultimate bundle, I would have taken that as a sign, that I had to buy her, and then convert xp to get Musashi because that is how many doubloons I need to do it. I have enough doubloons but that would have been a sure sign to do it. I guess I'll just have to grind the remaining XP.

[BUNNY]
Members
43 posts
2,853 battles

I'm still hemming and hawing over getting her. She looks gorgeous and I'm definitely interested, but then I look at my Tirpitz, sitting there sad and lonely. So, what do you personally like about her? How does she compare to what you usually play?

Beta Testers
629 posts
3,864 battles
1 hour ago, Battlecruiser_Yavuz said:

I have her as well and she’s good at her tier.  Does she up-tier well?

doesnt upteir as well as id like she bounces shells better than mighty mo, but.. her range is what cripples her

Beta Testers
629 posts
3,864 battles
35 minutes ago, Zargblargs said:

I'm still hemming and hawing over getting her. She looks gorgeous and I'm definitely interested, but then I look at my Tirpitz, sitting there sad and lonely. So, what do you personally like about her? How does she compare to what you usually play?

i like her, i have alabama, tirpitz and now roma, of them i like bama the best, but by a small margin, Roma i like better than tirp. if her range was even 2 km longer id love her more than bama.

[TWFT2]
Beta Testers
279 posts
4,249 battles
Just now, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

i like her, i have alabama, tirpitz and now roma, of them i like bama the best, but by a small margin, Roma i like better than tirp. if her range was even 2 km longer id love her more than bama.

Yes, that is true you want to pack a spotter plane, though the turret transverse is golden for me.

[CRMSN]
Members
68 posts
12,580 battles

The guns are better than Hood, so I cannot be more happy.  

The spotter plane cooldown seems good enough as well (holy hell loving the Musashi's cooldown!)

the 1.8 dispersion is perfectly fine by me.  I've actually killed a couple dd's blindfiring into smoke with the shotgun effect.

[TAFY3]
Beta Testers
441 posts
6,853 battles

While I'm tempted, I too, spent too much on the Santa boxes.  While I got a good haul, and all the ships I wanted I can't realistically afford a $55 battleship.  I'll gladly pay Doubloons when she's in the tech tree by 2020.  I love the tier 5 Italian BB, and am working on a Captain right now.  Overall I think she's decent, but lacking in AA.  I feel that good AA and tier 8 is important.  Definitely a beautiful ship, and I look forward to sailing her.

Members
477 posts
20,856 battles

Just Purchased mine. I will take her out when I get home from the office. Tonight we will eat Spaghetti!!!! 

Festeggiamo!!!

[SIM]
Members
3,173 posts
4,964 battles

He’s an easy ship to like, but a hard ship to love. I was really concerned about his guns being compared to the scatter-cannons on the Tirpitz, but thus far they’ve handled well. Like Hood, he seems to farm the upper belt armor of enemy battleships instead of going after citadels, and his salvos put up decent damage numbers. 

Unfortunately he’s fragile, but even worse, his turrets are fragile. Roma can’t afford to bow tank, and he can’t afford to show too much of his side either. This means that he’s unpleasantly cruiser-like in some ways, but without the agility to get away with it. It’s not that his armor is useless, but he’s vulnerable from a lot of angles. Make one mistake, get your ship blown out from under you. Take a couple shots to the deck, and find your guns have been disabled or destroyed. I don’t think that he’s bad, but I do think that in a purely competitive environment he comes up short.  

Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
5,655 posts
4,253 battles
2 hours ago, Fog_Battlecruiser_Haruna said:

doesnt upteir as well as id like she bounces shells better than mighty mo, but.. her range is what cripples her

At least her cloaking device allows her to choose your battles.  You can potentially just sneak up on enemy ships and blast them before they realize it.

[BROOK]
2,526 posts
1 hour ago, SkaerKrow said:

He’s an easy ship to like, but a hard ship to love. I was really concerned about his guns being compared to the scatter-cannons on the Tirpitz, but thus far they’ve handled well. Like Hood, he seems to farm the upper belt armor of enemy battleships instead of going after citadels, and his salvos put up decent damage numbers. 

Unfortunately he’s fragile, but even worse, his turrets are fragile. Roma can’t afford to bow tank, and he can’t afford to show too much of his side either. This means that he’s unpleasantly cruiser-like in some ways, but without the agility to get away with it. It’s not that his armor is useless, but he’s vulnerable from a lot of angles. Make one mistake, get your ship blown out from under you. Take a couple shots to the deck, and find your guns have been disabled or destroyed. I don’t think that he’s bad, but I do think that in a purely competitive environment he comes up short.  

Fragile? She has the best effective belt armor of any Tier 8 ship and her deck armor ignores anything 152mm or smaller for HE, even with the IFHE skill. The real issue is that WG has made it so that her citadel spaces abut right up against her belt armor when in reality they were a good 20 feet away from what the game considers the citadel wall. So instead of getting just regular pens when penned by quickfuse AP, you take cits instead.

[WUDPS]
4,999 posts
4,848 battles

I'm pretty sure the citadel for Roma will be modified.

Like Warspite.

*still waiting*

• Cool 1

Beta Testers
629 posts
3,864 battles
2 minutes ago, Dr_Venture said:

I'm pretty sure the citadel for Roma will be modified.

Like Warspite.

*still waiting*

That's what I'm thinking tho to be fair I haven't been hit in the citadel in Roma yet. But normal pens still hurt, been struggling to get decent damage in Roma, still I know she's a great ship but she's gonna take learning a new playstyle to really get good at her