You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RUSE032

Missouri, Just Curious

35 comments in this topic

[TSW]
Members
4 posts
949 battles

Even with a Tier VIII premium like the Tirpitz with the particular signal flags and camouflage, how long does it take to get the 750,000 free xp to unlock the Missouri?

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,110 battles

I guess that really depends on how you play. Take a look at your free xp you get per match and figure out your average. Then just do the division from there. 

[HINON]
Supertester
20,188 posts
13,643 battles

'Too long', if you're only starting now.

• Cool 3
  • Bad 1

Members
828 posts
6,334 battles
7 minutes ago, RUSE032 said:

Even with a Tier VIII premium like the Tirpitz with the particular signal flags and camouflage, how long does it take to get the 750,000 free xp to unlock the Missouri?

i have like 4 million convertible experience points, didnt feell too long to get them LOL

[BROOK]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
2,523 posts

I power grinded 450K using the Tier 7 Final Frontier Ops and all the fancy camo and special flags. I decided my sanity was worth more then the time spent and converted the last 300K. So I basically paid the same price as a Tier 8 BB prem for my Mighty Mo'.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,093 battles
13 minutes ago, RUSE032 said:

I got EVERY exp flag up the [edited]and bought premium account and used exp camo. If you play at average or above average performance you can easily get anywhere from 4 - 8k free exp per match. So it doesn't really take that long to farm 750k free exp.

If you average 5k free exp per match, it takes only 150 matches.

Edited by NeutralState

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles

If you have every flag you can get and are using the Type 59 camo you can earn between 4000-10,000 Free XP per match.  (I have done it so I know it can be done).  

So 100-200 matches.

However the cost is something to consider.

Type 59 camo - 125 doubloons per match.

You will also need between 100-200 Hydra, Red Dragon and Ouroboros Flags plus the cheap and easy to get 50% bonus to XP and 333% bonus to Free XP flags.

The tough part here is getting the Hydra, Red Dragon and Ouroboros Flags as the only way to get them right now is by buying Yamamoto Containers which give 12 of a random type.  I am guessing you would need to buy about 40 containers to get what you would need.  You can buy a 30 pack for $62 and then a 14 pack for $32.

So 100-200 Type 59 camos at 125 doubloons each = 12,500 - 25,000 doubloons. = $52 - $96

44 Yamato Containers = $94

200 Papa Papa and Equal Speed Charlie Londons = $24

Total:  $170 - $214 invested to grind out either the Missouri or Musashi in the shortest possible time.

Oh and you would need a premium account active as well for however long it took you to grind 100-200 matches so probably another $12 on top of that total.

However it would be a waste all these flags and camos on a premium ship.  Instead you should use them to progress up the Tech Tree of your choice about 3-5x faster than you could otherwise which would make the $182 - $216 cost much more palatable.

Or do it cheap and quick and just convert 750,000 XP which will cost you about $120.

Unfortunately as you can see Free XP ships aren't even remotely free unless you have 5-10 years to grind out 18k or so battles while earning 50 Free XP per match anyway.

[RUST]
Beta Testers
992 posts
11,089 battles
21 minutes ago, RUSE032 said:

You can estimate it by just dividing 750,000 xp by your average XP in a Tier 8 ship. Divide it some more if you have flags/camo. If you make 1000xp / game on average , then you need ~750 games; ~500 games if you have equal speed charlie london signal flags, etc.  

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,404 posts
10,687 battles

If you have the time you can earn 140k per week, more if you have a lot of time. This is assuming Premium account and Tirpitz with a healthy stack of flags. So if you get on it even from zero you could do it.

[POP]
Members
933 posts
11,002 battles
1 minute ago, paradat said:

If you have the time you can earn 140k per week, more if you have a lot of time. This is assuming Premium account and Tirpitz with a healthy stack of flags. So if you get on it even from zero you could do it.

I read "healthy snacks", which i wholeheartedly agree with.

[R-F]
Members
1,033 posts
7,245 battles

I have a few million convertable xp.  So if I wanted to spend the dubloons I could.  I'd like to get Missouri before it leaves, so I've got a spreadsheet set up to keep track of how much money it would cost me to buy the dubloons.  As I earn additional free xp, the dubloon cost goes down.  Right now I'm at about $75.  I'm not sure how much I'd actually be willing to spend, but it's not $75.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,313 battles
11 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Unfortunately as you can see Free XP ships aren't even remotely free unless you have 5-10 years to grind out 18k or so battles while earning 50 Free XP per match anyway.

I unlocked Missouri almost a year ago, so after a year of playing. And I only paid $10 for her, because there was a sale on free XP conversion and I didn't want to wait another couple of weeks so I converted the last little bit I needed. Other than that, she was completely free; the only flags and camos I used to grind out the free XP were ones I got for free in-game for missions, challenges, etc. 

If you're only earning 50 free xp per match and it takes you 18k battles to get there, you're doing something really wrong. I'm an average player at best and I only run premium maybe 2-3 months a year (when I'm grinding a new line) and still unlocked her easily. 

[TDG]
Members
1,584 posts
7,225 battles
3 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Until what day will the Big Mo be available?

What day do we bite the bullet and convert XP..?

I think it could leave with 0.7.2.

No sooner than the end of February.

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
6 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I have a few million convertable xp.  So if I wanted to spend the dubloons I could.  I'd like to get Missouri before it leaves, so I've got a spreadsheet set up to keep track of how much money it would cost me to buy the dubloons.  As I earn additional free xp, the dubloon cost goes down.  Right now I'm at about $75.  I'm not sure how much I'd actually be willing to spend, but it's not $75.

Actually $75 is pretty reasonable for a Tier 9 premium that actually earns such a significant amount of credits.

I mean the Roma, a Tier 8, is in the shop for sale at just shy of $57 so your only looking at $18 more for a ship that can easily earn 150-200% of what the Roma can.

[POP]
Members
933 posts
11,002 battles
4 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

That's me too!

I missed out on Belfast and Kamikazi because I waited until the last day, and time zone reasons.

1 minute ago, YeOldeTraveller said:

I think it could leave with 0.7.2.

No sooner than the end of February.

Thank you sir.

[R-F]
Members
1,033 posts
7,245 battles
2 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Actually $75 is pretty reasonable for a Tier 9 premium that actually earns such a significant amount of credits.

I mean the Roma, a Tier 8, is in the shop for sale at just shy of $57 so your only looking at $18 more for a ship that can easily earn 150-200% of what the Roma can.

I'm not saying it's not reasonable.  It's just kind of a personal opinion for each individual player.  My problem is that while I admire the history of the Missouri and would love to have a ship that makes as many credits as it does, battleships are not my favorite or even second favorite class.  I've ground up to Iowa and I've had nothing but terrible games in it (which is odd, because I've been average-ish in the rest of the USN BB line).  So I'm not sure how much I'm actually going to enjoy playing the Missouri.

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

Last November I finally got Missouri having never converted any ship xp to fxp. I estimate I had earn maybe 850-900k total at the time I bought her. Was playing since the game went live. That was with a free account with maybe only a month of premium time. I probably spent 100-150k total during that time on upgrades/getting through grinds faster. That includedalso getting 2 75k fxp drops from super containers and 2 50k drops after the content of supers was nerfed. Most of that was earned last year. Since November I now have 550k. Over the past year, WG has been really good about increasing the ways to earn fxp, especially over the holidays.

Many people talk about how easy it is to earn 8-12k fxp per match. That’s possible if you stack camo and signals, but those fxp earnings are for wins with good performance. I’d expect 2-5k for losses, where 5k would be a very good performance. Also, those numbers aren’t sustainable without spending a lot of money on camo and signals. You would need hundreds of camos and signals to earn enough fxp to get Mo or Mush; you can’t get enough from free giveaways for the number of games required to purchase these ships.

Edited by SavageTactical

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
6 minutes ago, poeticmotion said:

If you're only earning 50 free xp per match and it takes you 18k battles to get there, you're doing something really wrong. I'm an average player at best and I only run premium maybe 2-3 months a year (when I'm grinding a new line) and still unlocked her easily. 

You can do the math yourself.

If you earn 1000 XP on average per match only 5% gets converted to Free XP.  That is 50 Free XP per battle.   750,000 XP divided by 50 is 15,000 matches.

Remember I am talking about earning it for completely free.  No premium account, no camos, no flags, no premium ships i.e. completely free.

Now your right, you do get some free Camos in game and some free signals and don't forget double XP 1st win weekends and such but your still talking a fairly significant time investment even taking this into account, probably more like 2500-3000 matches to be honest so you could probably knock it out in a year if you played pretty regularly. 

Alpha Tester
3,482 posts
1,522 battles
1 minute ago, Brhinosaurus said:

I'm not saying it's not reasonable.  It's just kind of a personal opinion for each individual player.  My problem is that while I admire the history of the Missouri and would love to have a ship that makes as many credits as it does, battleships are not my favorite or even second favorite class.  I've ground up to Iowa and I've had nothing but terrible games in it (which is odd, because I've been average-ish in the rest of the USN BB line).  So I'm not sure how much I'm actually going to enjoy playing the Missouri.

Yeah I understand.  $75 is a hell of alot for a digital ship hehe and we all have our own opinion on the value of something so no worries.  I just wanted to put it into perspective.

Also I have the Missouri and suck in it so I understand your caution as well.   It is a very good ship but like any other ship in the game it is only as good as you yourself are while captaining the ship.  Still despite the fact I suck in the ship and have well below average stats with it, it still makes significantly more than even my best Tier 8 premium.   I mean I can almost kinda, sorta get kind of close to its earnings in my Tirpirtz which plays exceptionally well for me but that kind of close is still like 100k or more less. 

Also did you play the Iowa before or after it's citadel as lowered?  I only asked because suck wasn't even close to how bad I was in the Missouri before they lowered the Citadel.  If you were running around in the Iowa before they lowered the Citadel, I can say with good conscience that you will have a much better time in it or the Missouri now than then.  I mean I can actually achieve very respectable matches with the Missouri now hehe.  

[R-F]
Members
1,033 posts
7,245 battles
4 minutes ago, Midnitewolf said:

Also did you play the Iowa before or after it's citadel as lowered?  I only asked because suck wasn't even close to how bad I was in the Missouri before they lowered the Citadel.  If you were running around in the Iowa before they lowered the Citadel, I can say with good conscience that you will have a much better time in it or the Missouri now than then.  I mean I can actually achieve very respectable matches with the Missouri now hehe.  

Just unlocked the Iowa recently.  only 8 battles in it so far, all losses.  More data is needed but you can imagine how I'm not exactly super excited to queue up that ninth battle.  In North Carolina and Colorado I have very average stats and very good win rates.  I really don't get it.

[BS]
Members
1,237 posts
7,190 battles
24 minutes ago, Brhinosaurus said:

Just unlocked the Iowa recently.  only 8 battles in it so far, all losses.  More data is needed but you can imagine how I'm not exactly super excited to queue up that ninth battle.  In North Carolina and Colorado I have very average stats and very good win rates.  I really don't get it.

Don't take the Missouri into the middle of the map, if you do, make sure you hide yourself with an island to prevent crossfire and incoming torpedos. Turn on your radar occasionally to see if a DD is trying to sneak up on you. If there's no cover in the middle, you'll have to go to the side.... Or stay further back in the middle. Don't go too far left or right, try to find a decent spot inbetween caps so you can cover both.

She can bowtank, but not wise to do it alone if there's a CV... He'll gladly sacrifice half of his torpedo squadron to take 75% of your health. I'm thinking manual AA might be a good skill to have. The CV players i've seen have brought fighters along with to split the AA...without the manual AA skill you can only delegate 30% of your AA firepower to an individual target I believe.

• Cool 1

[AXANR]
Members
3,380 posts
17,313 battles
On 1/18/2018 at 1:04 PM, Midnitewolf said:

You can do the math yourself.

If you earn 1000 XP on average per match only 5% gets converted to Free XP.  That is 50 Free XP per battle.   750,000 XP divided by 50 is 15,000 matches.

Remember I am talking about earning it for completely free.  No premium account, no camos, no flags, no premium ships i.e. completely free.

Now your right, you do get some free Camos in game and some free signals and don't forget double XP 1st win weekends and such but your still talking a fairly significant time investment even taking this into account, probably more like 2500-3000 matches to be honest so you could probably knock it out in a year if you played pretty regularly. 

Except that I already told you I did it in significantly less even without spending money. Not everyone sucks bad enough to only get 50 free xp per battle. I can do the math, it's just invalid. 

• Bad 1