You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NeutralState

Duca d'Aosta Feels Like an Anemic Super Model

40 comments in this topic

[KNMSU]
Members
5,174 posts
5,420 battles
26 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

Why "Spanish" Ansaldo?

The Italians prepared some designs for their fascist allies that they never intended to build themselves. 

I often find myself wishing that Hitler could have held off another 4-5 years. I still think the Axis would have been crushed, but we would have at least seen the shipbuilding programs of so many of the powers come to fruition. 

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume

[KNMSU]
Members
5,174 posts
5,420 battles
4 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

Those ships should go to the wished Spanish line, so.

I have serious, SERIOUS doubts that there will ever be a Spanish line for anything. Most of their ships after 1900 - with a few exceptions - were just off-the-shelf models from other nations. It's kind of like: what's the point?

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,239 battles
36 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

The Italians prepared some designs for their fascist allies that they never intended to build themselves. 

I often find myself wishing that Hitler could have held off another 4-5 years. I still think the Axis would have been crushed, but we would have at least seen the shipbuilding programs of so many of the powers come to fruition. 

The results of the war where to be realized before the war even started. There was no way for a total war to have been won by the Axis powers. 

3 minutes ago, Patosentado said:

Those ships should go to the wished Spanish line, so.

As soon as they are realized in Spanish yards. Until then they where the work of Italian firms. :cap_like:

5 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

I have serious, SERIOUS doubts that there will ever be a Spanish line for anything. Most of their ships after 1900 - with a few exceptions - were just off-the-shelf models from other nations. It's kind of like: what's the point?

b70.gif

[KNMSU]
Members
5,174 posts
5,420 battles
10 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

The results of the war where to be realized before the war even started. There was no way for a total war to have been won by the Axis powers. 

Well... I wouldn't go that far. I think if the Germans had waged a "perfect" war (or something close to it) - meaning no calling off attacking RAF bases in 1940, no delay in invading the Soviet Union, no campaign of ethnic cleansing, and no declaration of war against the U.S. - they probably could have won. I mean, you're talking about a vastly different alternate reality under those circumstances (essentially a non-Hitler WWII), but I do think that, within the context of the European theater, Germany could have been victorious. 

Japan? No. Not unless they decided to attack Siberia instead of the Philippines. And even then, it's dicey. 

Edited by Cruiser_Fiume

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,239 battles
3 minutes ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

Well... I wouldn't go that far. I think if the Germans had waged a "perfect" war (or something close to it) - meaning no calling off attacking RAF bases in 1940, no delay in invading the Soviet Union, no campaign of ethnic cleansing, and no declaration of war against the U.S. - they probably could have won. I mean, you're talking about a vastly different alternate reality under those circumstances (essentially a non-Hitler WWII), but I do think that, within the context of the European theater, Germany could have been victorious. 

Japan? No. Not unless they decided to attack Siberia instead of the Philippines. And even then, it's dicey. 

That's what if la la land. The statement was quite qualified. There is no economic reality where the Axis wins a total war.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,174 posts
5,420 battles
10 minutes ago, SparvieroVV said:

That's what if la la land. The statement was quite qualified. There is no economic reality where the Axis wins a total war.

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I think that the Germans (but not the Japanese) came very, very close to winning the war in Europe outright in 1941/42. It didn't happen, but it was a nearer thing than we like to believe. 

[UFFA]
Beta Testers
3,749 posts
4,239 battles
1 minute ago, Cruiser_Fiume said:

I guess we'll agree to disagree. I think that the Germans (but not the Japanese) came very, very close to winning the war in Europe outright in 1941/42. It didn't happen, but it was a nearer thing than we like to believe. 

Something like the concept of Total War where Churchill propped up his government by attacking the French? :cap_like:After the attack on the French fleet at Mers-el-Kébir Somerville even questions who is worse Churchill or Hitler. 

Once again I'm going to point out you are going off into a discussion about a limited war where Hitler seeks quick terms. My statement was in regards to total war. 

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,425 posts
14,423 battles

Duca d'Aosta Feels Like an Anemic Super Model....with 12km TORPEDOES.

Spoiler

OMG...she's a guy!!!!!

Members
441 posts
954 battles
On 2/2/2018 at 1:32 PM, SparvieroVV said:

As soon as they are realized in Spanish yards. Until then they where the work of Italian firms. :cap_like:

b70.gif

That goes for certain Russian ships such as Kirov or Tashkent also?

[DAKI]
WoWS Wiki Editor
8,117 posts
7,123 battles

The range on Duca works, as Long as you are not in a BB-heavy match. Your target of choice are Destroyers, Play slightly behind the loliboats of your Team and if you see a Chance blap enemy Destroyers. Your 10.3km Concealment helps.

[PLPTV]
Members
1,457 posts
9,077 battles
On 1/18/2018 at 11:50 AM, NeutralState said:

The ship's elegant, fast, and did I mention elegant?

But something just feels so horrifically odd. The spotter plane's CD is bloody almost 4 min, so superintendent is a complete waste on the ship. The base range of the ship is ok because speed is her shield. But the guns are just ... Feels like playing Akizuki without IFHE. This cruiser needs at least a 14 point captain, and probably 16 points to make it truly on par with other things. The torpedoes are great, not because of the range, but due to the firing angle; 16000 base torp damage also packs a mighty punch.

Duca is a great ship, but you need to be VERY good with cruisers if you hope to make it work. Also if you are bottom tier, you are going to have a lot of problems. This ship suffers greatly bevause of its short range, especially when you are facing high tier BBs.

[NEUTR]
Members
2,207 posts
7,392 battles
2 hours ago, Ulthwey said:

Duca is a great ship, but you need to be VERY good with cruisers if you hope to make it work. Also if you are bottom tier, you are going to have a lot of problems. This ship suffers greatly bevause of its short range, especially when you are facing high tier BBs.

Pretending it's a Russian DD helps a bit.

[KNMSU]
Members
5,174 posts
5,420 battles
On 2/2/2018 at 11:02 AM, Soshi_Sone said:

Duca d'Aosta Feels Like an Anemic Super Model....with 12km TORPEDOES.

Hide contents

OMG...she's a guy!!!!!

12 km torpedoes that move at a snail's pace, yes. Occasionally I'll score an "oh, look at that!" hit with them, but you're not going to win a game with those silly things.