You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Capt_of_Satisfaction

Sierra Mike Flags

16 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
741 posts

Dear WG, 

Please make Sierra Mike flags available to purchase. Please, pretty please.

I do not play every day. I’ve been playing since CBT and I play all ship types except CV.  I do not have a Capt. Above 18 yet. Plenty of 11 & 12 pt. Captains.   I like to play the weekly missions and I’m only on for about 90 minutes at a time. So I simply do not accumulate Sierra Mike flags nor do I come across them very often.   Whenever I get a crate I choose the Flag option and still have trouble obtaining these flags.  I think it’s the hard-core guys that play a lot that are able to accumulate them. I play a lot of DD and I find these flags to be very valuable and wish that I could purchase them.

Please make them available within reason, please.  

Thank you I’ll stop groveling now. 

[5IN]
Members
1,960 posts
9,086 battles

I believe they don't because it could be considered a "pay for an advantage", or at least that's what others have implied when this topic has arisen in the past.  Though, with as much complaining about detonations as there is, WG could make a killing if they sold JC flags :Smile_teethhappy:

b

Beta Testers
741 posts
21 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

I believe they don't because it could be considered a "pay for an advantage", or at least that's what others have implied when this topic has arisen in the past.  Though, with as much complaining about detonations as there is, WG could make a killing if they sold JC flags :Smile_teethhappy:

b

Hmm, seems like any store-bought premo is a bit of a pay advantage.  This seems like a lesser effect than my permanently owned Kutuzov.  But I get your point.

Picking the flag/cammo crate I did get 4 yesterday.  But I get an over abundance of the save repair and %20 bonus flags.  I mean, I have like 250+.  I wish the SM would spawn more, like they do.

Pretty please with cherries on top.   

[5IN]
Members
1,960 posts
9,086 battles

With WG, never say never.  The economic flags that they sell in the premium shop never used to be available for sale... so who knows, maybe sometime in the future they'll reverse course and starting selling them.  

anyway, gl;hf.

b

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
21 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

b

Bingo.  They sell the economic flags, but the others would be considered "pay to win" and they shy away from that.

Here is the best way, that I know of, to accumulate flags outside of the actual achievement to earn them.

Play pub test when it comes out.  One pub test game = 3 of all flags

Play ranked games when they come out.  This is a huge bounty.  Get to about rank 12 and you have a really nice stockpile of everything.  I think I am up to close to 40'ish flags on things I usually have to scrap for.

Play alternate ships.  I cross it up between DD and BB.  Totally different flags.  Play DD for awhile and build up some BB flags. Play BB for awhile.  (DD flags seem to come easy..  I have a bazillion of them). 

Choose your "Signal Flag and Camo" option on containers..  Which it sounds like you do.  I have found, and put your tin foil hats on boys and girls, that the flags you get are generally the least useful to the ship you are running at the time.  I get very useful BB flags when I am in my DD.  I get very useful DD flags in my BB...    Might just be luck, but that would be some craaaaazy luck. 

• Cool 1

Members
3,093 posts

Sierra Mike flags have become much harder to come by these days for some reason. They have become far less frequent from containers than before. I have pretty much stopped playing DDs in an effort to not run out completely.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
23 hours ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

Dear WG, 

Please make Sierra Mike flags available to purchase. Please, pretty please.

I do not play every day. I’ve been playing since CBT and I play all ship types except CV.  I do not have a Capt. Above 18 yet. Plenty of 11 & 12 pt. Captains.   I like to play the weekly missions and I’m only on for about 90 minutes at a time. So I simply do not accumulate Sierra Mike flags nor do I come across them very often.   Whenever I get a crate I choose the Flag option and still have trouble obtaining these flags.  I think it’s the hard-core guys that play a lot that are able to accumulate them. I play a lot of DD and I find these flags to be very valuable and wish that I could purchase them.

Please make them available within reason, please.  

Thank you I’ll stop groveling now. 

22 hours ago, bassmasta76 said:

b

That was my take too. The XP and credit flags only boost your bonus, but don't effect others in game.

46 minutes ago, Capt_of_Satisfaction said:

Hmm, seems like any store-bought premo is a bit of a pay advantage.  This seems like a lesser effect than my permanently owned Kutuzov.  But I get your point.

Picking the flag/cammo crate I did get 4 yesterday.  But I get an over abundance of the save repair and %20 bonus flags.  I mean, I have like 250+.  I wish the SM would spawn more, like they do.

Pretty please with cherries on top.   

Well, premium time, XP and credit flags only boost your bonus, but don't effect others in game. So you get XP and credits faster, that doesn't help sink me in game with a bonus to fire chance, flooding, keeping me from going boom, or more speed, etc.

5 minutes ago, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Bingo.  They sell the economic flags, but the others would be considered "pay to win" and they shy away from that.

Here is the best way, that I know of, to accumulate flags outside of the actual achievement to earn them.

Play pub test when it comes out.  One pub test game = 3 of all flags

Play ranked games when they come out.  This is a huge bounty.  Get to about rank 12 and you have a really nice stockpile of everything.  I think I am up to close to 40'ish flags on things I usually have to scrap for.

Play alternate ships.  I cross it up between DD and BB.  Totally different flags.  Play DD for awhile and build up some BB flags. Play BB for awhile.  (DD flags seem to come easy..  I have a bazillion of them). 

Choose your "Signal Flag and Camo" option on containers..  Which it sounds like you do.  I have found, and put your tin foil hats on boys and girls, that the flags you get are generally the least useful to the ship you are running at the time.  I get very useful BB flags when I am in my DD.  I get very useful DD flags in my BB...    Might just be luck, but that would be some craaaaazy luck. 

I thought you didn't get the dragonish flags for playing the test server.

I don't play much PvP, so I don't use a lot of flags, but events, campaigns and the credits container usually keeps me in flags (10ish% PvP player). If I wasn't in need of credits all the time from being a ship hoarder collector, then I would take flags for containers.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

That was my take too. The XP and credit flags only boost your bonus, but don't effect others in game.

Well, premium time, XP and credit flags only boost your bonus, but don't effect others in game. So you get XP and credits faster, that doesn't help sink me in game with a bonus to fire chance, flooding, keeping me from going boom, or more speed, etc.

I thought you didn't get the dragonish flags for playing the test server.

I don't play much PvP, so I don't use a lot of flags, but events, campaigns and the credits container usually keeps me in flags (10ish% PvP player). If I wasn't in need of credits all the time from being a ship hoarder collector, then I would take flags for containers.

You are correct that you don't get the specialty flags, like the dragon flags.  So I guess I misspoke there.  You get one of each other flags though.  Dragon, Hydra, etc. only come from special missions etc.

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
3 minutes ago, CaptainTeddybear said:

Sierra Mike flags have become much harder to come by these days for some reason. They have become far less frequent from containers than before. I have pretty much stopped playing DDs in an effort to not run out completely.

I got a lot of Sierra Mikes in a recent event, maybe the Halloween boxes? 

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles

Oh and forgot..  Play the Co Op Scenarios.  Sometimes you can stock up some very useful flags in 10x qty from that.  And pretty easy as well.

Members
2,877 posts
5,187 battles
Just now, Kizarvexis said:

I got a lot of Sierra Mikes in a recent event, maybe the Halloween boxes? 

I have about 60 of them..and use them frequently.  Just have to find the things that give flags and keep at it. 

[PVE]
Members
13,807 posts
8,895 battles
Just now, CaptGodzillaPig said:

You are correct that you don't get the specialty flags, like the dragon flags.  So I guess I misspoke there.  You get one of each other flags though.  Dragon, Hydra, etc. only come from special missions etc.

ok, cool. I have been grinding so much to make goals, that I kind of let the test server drop by the wayside. If they changed it to giving out dragonish flags, the test server would have to bump priority I think. :) 

[YORHA]
Members
3,885 posts
6,754 battles

oops.  Wrong thread.

Edited by JCC45

Beta Testers
741 posts
On 1/19/2018 at 9:41 AM, CaptGodzillaPig said:

Oh and forgot..  Play the Co Op Scenarios.  Sometimes you can stock up some very useful flags in 10x qty from that.  And pretty easy as well.

I play all ships except CV.  Not fond of BBs but do play them.  I don’t find I get more Sierra Mike with BB, and I always play one or two coop games to practice.  I am rank 11 in ranked and still do not get these flags.   I can only assume that you guys are playing the game much more than I am. I am doing all the things suggested simply do not get the flags very often. 

I don’t not play DD because I don’t have the flags, just wish I did.   Perhaps they have lessened the chances of getting them, or I’m just unlucky.    I appreciate all the help though.