You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Lambo805

Wargaming, can we have a serious discussion about premium camo?

94 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles

Seriously, can we be serious for a semi-serious second? 

I've got an issue here: I wanted the Roma ever since I watched NoZoupForYou play it on stream, because it looked like the type of ship that fits my play style.  Which, is basically point, shoot, die...yes I'm a bad player and a wallet warrior and I don't really care. It is, after all, just a game folks. The bad players are just as important as the unicums, or in my case I like to think a touch more important since I dumped too much money into this game this past year.  I justify this as "furthering development by spending all the monies!"

At any rate, to the point of it now. This Kobayashi camo for the Roma is awful. It's probably the worst thing I've ever spent money on, and I've been married.  So here's what I'm perplexed about: you want me to spend $100 on this ship, so I can get the super camo that gives me the super credit earning potential; and then you want me to vomit on myself every time I want to play this ship?  Honestly, isn't there a happy middle ground where we can just get an "upgraded" base camo? I mean I'm perfectly happy paying the $100 and not having the trash can Kobayashi camo, but still having a perk. Or is this really what it is: "You pay us the money and drive this hideous travesty against naval warfare, and you like it you fat wallet-warrioring b******d!"?

Seriously, this is ocular cancer.

shot-18.01.18_09.26.55-0887.jpg

• Cool 8
  • Boring 1
  • Bad 5

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,300 posts

Yeah, I don't think they're going to get many sales on that.  Possibly why it's priced so high. . . only the die hard fans of whatever this came from are going to be interested anyway.

Thank god I have this stuff turned off in my viewer.

Hey. . . if you turn it off, will it not show on your own ship - solving your problem?

[SFBG]
[SFBG]
Members
1,580 posts
8,160 battles

Just put a badge on it, and be done.  Everyone will love you.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
564 posts
2,563 battles

I've really liked the previous Kobayashi camos and gotten them, but the one for Roma is just too much clown. Looks like they mounted a giant water bottle upside down on the bridge and painted it, I could not stand to sail it. If there's ever a mod coming out that would remove it on the other hand, but not holding my hopes up for that. I think I'll just get the regular one.

[MEIST]
Members
1,002 posts
3,746 battles

I bought the Loaded Roma and couldn't buy either Ultimate. I never thought the Kobayashi camos looked good but this one is impossible to over look. If the beer can was gone I could have just got past it, maybe. You would have to earn doubloons in game with that camo to like it.

• Cool 1

[STAR]
Members
3,163 posts
8,075 battles

Yeah, i would like a italian cammo with the same bonus. Roma standard cammo is beautifull but the japanese cammo is a @#$@##!!!! 

• Cool 2

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles
3 minutes ago, m373x said:

um.. why did you buy it if you don't like it?

"so I can get the super camo that gives me the super credit earning potential"

;)

• Cool 1

[CUTER]
Members
3,836 posts
17,082 battles
2 minutes ago, Lambo805 said:

"so I can get the super camo that gives me the super credit earning potential plus a fugly ship"

fixed that for you. Just get used to it.

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles
Just now, Skarp_AGW said:

Just toggle the filter.... gray steel ship with all the benefits of the Coors Lite camo

I actually didn't know this. See: bad player with more money than sense.

At any rate, then I get to stare at a plain jane ship I spent $100.  Which is my issue, I spent too much money on this, why the hell can't I just have something decent to stare at? Who thought the PBR can on my warship was a good idea? I get the concept that "drink like a sailor" is universal, but dammit...can we just toggle the beer can even? Please?!

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles
Just now, m373x said:

fixed that for you. Just get used to it.

GG, you basically just tl;dr my post and claimed it as original content! You're now an up and coming Twitch/YouTuber!

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles
1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

"Let's stick a beer can on top of a battleship". My question is, what is the armor value of the beer can? Oh, you're behind an island, I see your beer can sticking up.

We should test this in a training room.

Does it increase your detection range? Does it count as visible to spot?

[90TH]
[90TH]
Alpha Tester
6,292 posts
8,194 battles
5 minutes ago, zippychippy said:

Honestly I'd put a brown paper bag over my ship if it got me extra xp and credits

That's what a lot of people who drink beer cans of Stella in public parks do, don't know if it helps/

• Funny 2

[CUTER]
Members
3,836 posts
17,082 battles
4 minutes ago, Lambo805 said:

I actually didn't know this. See: bad player with more money than sense.

At any rate, then I get to stare at a plain jane ship I spent $100.  Which is my issue, I spent too much money on this, why the hell can't I just have something decent to stare at? Who thought the PBR can on my warship was a good idea? I get the concept that "drink like a sailor" is universal, but dammit...can we just toggle the beer can even? Please?!

Just refund it, dude? 

Members
1,866 posts

We should test this in a training room.

Does it increase your detection range? Does it count as visible to spot?

I'm sure it doesn't help detection, but if you are detected behind an island, the beer can will help me locate the center of your ship.

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles
1 minute ago, Seadog_Supreme said:

Just wait, we're getting Hello Kitty camo next.

I feel like what happened was everyone like the Kii, and the Ashitaka...so WG was excited to have him design this one and he intentionally overdid it just to push his luck and WG couldn't say no because Kii/Ashitaka money was good, so they sheepishly accepted this as what they were getting.

Now we're stuck with a Beer Can BB, WG is stuck with an unpopular/overpriced camo, Kobayashi is laughing because the joke camo went through and got attached to a really expensive bundle.

Nobody won.  There were no survivors. The memorial is being designed.

• Cool 2

Alpha Tester
2,195 posts
20 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

Hey. . . if you turn it off, will it not show on your own ship - solving your problem?

I think if you filter out the Kobayashi camouflages, it will demount from Roma and he won't benefit from the improved bonuses.

• Cool 1

[BRZKR]
Members
29 posts
3,504 battles
1 minute ago, Wolcott said:

I think if you filter out the Kobayashi camouflages, it will demount from Roma and he won't benefit from the improved bonuses.

And we're back to square one...lemme try this out real quick. 

Nice Buffalo, btw.

Members
1,866 posts

I feel like what happened was everyone like the Kii, and the Ashitaka...so WG was excited to have him design this one and he intentionally overdid it just to push his luck and WG couldn't say no because Kii/Ashitaka money was good, so they sheepishly accepted this as what they were getting.

Now we're stuck with a Beer Can BB, WG is stuck with an unpopular/overpriced camo, Kobayashi is laughing because the joke camo went through and got attached to a really expensive bundle.

Consider that ARP Nachi has a lower win rate than the other ARP Myokos, and the only difference is the color.

[NDA]
Supertester
5,111 posts
14,998 battles

My question, does the beverage can on top of that ship count as a hit box? 

Will a shell through the aluminum cause a Citadel hit? 

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
564 posts
2,563 battles
6 minutes ago, Lambo805 said:

^^ That.

Kii and especially Ashitaka camos were quite nice, absolutely loved the latter with it's rusty color but this is just silly. Feels like a clown ship of sorts, not to be taken seriously and only laughed at.

• Cool 1