You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YamatoA150

PSA: To Activate the Haifuri Campaign/Collection, Players MUST Opt In

75 comments in this topic

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,722 posts
3,794 battles

Just a friendly reminder, the Haifuri Campaign is effectively live or CLOSE to going live, to my understanding. To enable it, players MUST visit the main page here, and click "I Want to Join". So those aftpained about anime do not have to participate at all.

For those that do:

New Collection

Our newest Collection assembles a vast cast of High School Fleet characters – over 35 character portraits over 6 categories. 

For every category you complete, you get a special anime-inspired flag to fly proudly into battle. Earn all 35 character portraits and score permanent camo for Yamato, a special Kure Maritime High School flag, and an achievement!

649d5592-fae1-11e7-8dd6-d89d6715223c.png

High School Fleet character portraits can be found in special High School Fleet Containers earned through special missions completed with High School Fleet vessels. Each Container contains two random character portraits plus ten “Zulu” signal flags. Duplicate portraits can be exchanged from the Collection screen. Any single portrait of your choice costs five duplicates. If you already completed the Collection, High School Fleet Containers yield 15,000 instead.

The Collection, and the missions to earn Containers, won’t be visible or accessible unless you click the “I Want to Join” button [on the HSF page]. The button will be active between Updates 0.7.0 and 0.7.2. 

Once you join, the first mission is available until Update 0.7.5. Random character portraits will start appearing in regular Containers (except Supercontainers) after the first portrait is collected. This only applies to Containers obtained after the first portrait is unlocked.

You earn portraits faster by taking on certain missions with certain ships, and getting special High School Fleet Containers. These renewable missions are available for

• HSF Graf Spee (20 additional Containers)
  • HSF Harekaze (20 additional Containers)
  • IJN Yamato (10 additional Containers)
  • IJN Musashi (10 additional Containers) 

To access these missions, play a single battle with the corresponding warship.

For further clarification, after a player joins, they just need to play one game in a ship and get an HSF crate to unlock the HSF Campaign in the Profile. The Ship-specific missions are completely separate from the HSF Campaign and guarantee more HSF containers.

Edited by YamatoA150
  • Cool 2

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,107 battles

Maybe I am blind, but I clicked the button and it says I am now taking part but when I go in game there is no missions or anything. Do I have to have one of those 4 ships or something?

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles
3 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Just a friendly reminder, the Haifuri Campaign is effectively live or CLOSE to going live, to my understanding. To enable it, players MUST visit the main page here, and click "I Want to Join". So those aftpained about anime do not have to participate at all.

Thanks for the info. I clicked BTW.

[SYN]
Members
7,220 posts
12,316 battles
10 minutes ago, Koschka said:

Maybe I am blind, but I clicked the button and it says I am now taking part but when I go in game there is no missions or anything. Do I have to have one of those 4 ships or something?

You earn portraits faster by taking on certain missions with certain ships, and getting special High School Fleet Containers. These renewable missions are available for

To access these missions, play a single battle with the corresponding warship.

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,107 battles

Yes it says to earn them faster, which sounds like you can earn them with out it, but now it looks like you have to one of those period.

Beta Testers
303 posts
8,267 battles
12 minutes ago, Koschka said:

Yup. You need to finish a battle in one of those ships.

Furthermore, to collect the pieces from regular daily container drops you need to enable that collection (which disables Isoroku collection if it's active for you!).

My crate dropped a friggin' duplicate to boot ... first crate = two of the same crap.

[KOOKS]
[KOOKS]
Members
564 posts
2,576 battles
19 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Thaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank you WG, not touching that button with a ten foot pole. :Smile_honoring:

• Cool 1

Members
2,200 posts
8,368 battles
25 minutes ago, YamatoA150 said:

Just a friendly reminder, the Haifuri Campaign is effectively live or CLOSE to going live, to my understanding. To enable it, players MUST visit the main page here, and click "I Want to Join".

I am a little confused.  The only thing I would like to get from those missions is the optional Yamato camouflage.  I do not have any HSF ships, but I do have Yamato and Musashi.  So, that means I get 20 additional containers based on the information on the site.  Will 20 containers be enough to get a shot at Yamato camo?  I am not buying a ship from premium shop to get a camo, that's ridiculous.

Ahhh, never mind, I just saw this part:

Random character portraits will start appearing in regular Containers (except Supercontainers) after the first portrait is collected.

So it may take a while.  A long while.

Edited by Veksha

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,722 posts
3,794 battles
1 minute ago, Veksha said:

I am a little confused.  The only thing I would like to get from those missions is the optional Yamato camouflage.  I do not have any HSF ships, but I do have Yamato and Musashi.  So, that means I get 20 additional containers based on the information on the site.  Will 20 containers be enough to get a shot at Yamato camo?  I am not buying a ship from premium shop to get a camo, that's ridiculous.

HSF Crates replace Yamamoto crates, or so I'm told. So you just need one HSF Crate to open up the Campaign in the Profile. The ship missions are separate, to unlock the repeatable container challenges.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,191 posts
13,643 battles

Dilemma dilemma ...

I never grabbed HSF Graf Spee because I have the German one and I never grabbed Harekaze because I'm not really a DD player. But I'm a sucker for collections and 'must' complete them all. I shan't have an incomplete collection sitting in my profile.

Can I still complete the collection without HSF Graf Spee and Harekaze?

[POP]
Members
936 posts
11,013 battles
3 minutes ago, Lert said:

Dilemma dilemma ...

I never grabbed HSF Graf Spee because I have the German one and I never grabbed Harekaze because I'm not really a DD player. But I'm a sucker for collections and 'must' complete them all. I shan't have an incomplete collection sitting in my profile.

Does the HSF Graf Spee allow for German captains and can be used as a trainer?   I've got the Spee from last year.

[H-W-C]
Members
1,268 posts
3,557 battles
3 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Does the HSF Graf Spee allow for German captains and can be used as a trainer?   I've got the Spee from last year.

I think so.

[HINON]
Supertester
20,191 posts
13,643 battles
Just now, Gerbertz said:

Does the HSF Graf Spee allow for German captains and can be used as a trainer?

Yeah. That was implemented in a patch some time last year, the ARP ships started counting as captain trainers for the IJN and the HSF ships as captain trainers for their respective nations: HSF Graf Spee for the Germans and HSF Harekaze for the IJN.

Members
688 posts
833 battles
6 minutes ago, Lert said:

Dilemma dilemma ...

You can solve your addiction without HSF ships, HSF ships just drop more containers.

• Cool 1

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,107 battles
5 minutes ago, Lert said:

Dilemma dilemma ...

Well I just played a bit and once you start it, you can get a HSF collection from normal daily boxes. I guess it depends on how long it lasts, but I would say as long as you have a yammy or Musashi it should be very do able with just one of those and doing daily boxes for the next 5 months and fairly easy with both of them as that is a extra 20 crates or 40 collections.

[AHOY_]
Beta Testers
6,722 posts
3,794 battles
8 minutes ago, Lert said:

Dilemma dilemma ...

As far as I can tell, after joining, one just needs to earn a single HSF crate to get the ball rolling. One game, one HSF container. Then that unlocks the Campaign in the Profile, and lets HSF containers start dropping about as often as Isoroku containers (some said it replaces Isoroku containers), from what I'm reading at Reddit from those who started earlier.

The HSF Ships are just specifically for unlocking and playing the repeatable ship-specific challenges, which guarantee an HSF Crate per round up to the maximum number of times it can be completed (10 or 20).

My only disappointment with this Campaign is that Captain Isoroku the Cat is not an unlockable.

Edited by YamatoA150

[HINON]
Supertester
20,191 posts
13,643 battles
1 minute ago, Koschka said:

I would say as long as you have a yammy or Musashi

I have both.

[POP]
Members
936 posts
11,013 battles
2 minutes ago, warpath_33 said:

I think so.

2 minutes ago, Lert said:

Yeah. That was implemented in a patch some time last year, the ARP ships started counting as captain trainers for the IJN and the HSF ships as captain trainers for their respective nations: HSF Graf Spee for the Germans and HSF Harekaze for the IJN.

Thank guys.  I don't really care for the ships but...

The collections...uhhhg!

[HINON]
Supertester
20,191 posts
13,643 battles
1 minute ago, Gerbertz said:

I don't really care for the ships but...

The collections...uhhhg!

IKR!

It burns us, my precious.

[ADR]
Members
872 posts
6,107 battles
1 minute ago, Lert said:

I have both.

Then I would say you will have no trouble. Just those will get you 40 HSF collection which even if half is duplicates put you over half way done. Long as you farm some daily boxes over the next few months till 0.7.5 then it should be easy. I am just unclear if they stop dropping in regular boxes after 0.7.5 or if you can still get them there just not in the missions.

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,784 posts
14,235 battles

after unlocking and playing one of these ships, the challenge shows up in your mission box, it also allows you to collect these through co op games as well.