Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
NoZoupForYou

Missouri or Musashi? It’s a no Brainer (commentary)

19 comments in this topic

[BRZKR]
WoWS Community Contributors
1,558 posts
5,158 battles

Really.  There is only one answer.  While you still have the chance to get the Mighty Mo, do everything you can to get it if you don’t have it.

• Cool 4

Members
4,117 posts
8,680 battles

Would love to get either one, but do not have the FXP to get them. Or the cash for the doubloon costs. But thanks for the video Zoup.

[BRZKR]
1,558 posts
5,158 battles
8 minutes ago, Gerbertz said:

Thanks Zoup, I have been on the fence .

Watching the video now...

Good deal.  Hope this makes it easier :)

[WOLF2]
Beta Testers
4,300 posts

I have the Missouri already (along with everyone else).  Looking forward to picking up my mostly Tier 10 battleship that gets Tier 9 matchmaking.

[BRZKR]
1,558 posts
5,158 battles
23 minutes ago, TheDreadnought said:

I have the Missouri already (along with everyone else).  Looking forward to picking up my mostly Tier 10 battleship that gets Tier 9 matchmaking.

That’s the way to look at it!

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,703 posts
2,612 battles

I listened to this on the drive in today as this is my precise choice.  I had been grinding the FXP for Missouri under the prior info that it was here to stay.  I am at 351k FXP right now, so a bit under halfway.  I don't have that much time to play and I know I can't earn the remainder in the time I have left with my current work schedule, but I am willing to spend some money.

The issue that cropped up is that the reviews for Musashi have all come in saying it is overpowered, which makes me wonder how long it will be around.

Right now I am leaning towards getting Missouri and crossing my fingers that Musashi stays around for at least a while. 

[DETN8]
[DETN8]
Members
1,662 posts
18,095 battles
4 minutes ago, Helstrem said:

I listened to this on the drive in today as this is my precise choice.  I had been grinding the FXP for Missouri under the prior info that it was here to stay.  I am at 351k FXP right now, so a bit under halfway.  I don't have that much time to play and I know I can't earn the remainder in the time I have left with my current work schedule, but I am willing to spend some money.

The issue that cropped up is that the reviews for Musashi have all come in saying it is overpowered, which makes me wonder how long it will be around.

Right now I am leaning towards getting Missouri and crossing my fingers that Musashi stays around for at least a while. 

at about half way there, you would need to spend about $50 to get the MO. Unless you really need the in game credits, I don't think it's worth it. Just an Iowa with radar. But hey, I'm not very good with the Iowa,  but if you are, the ship might be more fun for you. 

[BRZKR]
1,558 posts
5,158 battles
1 minute ago, Ju87s said:

at about half way there, you would need to spend about $50 to get the MO. Unless you really need the in game credits, I don't think it's worth it. Just an Iowa with radar. But hey, I'm not very good with the Iowa,  but if you are, the ship might be more fun for you. 

Yeah...  this is a grey area. One way to look at it is that’s how much you’d be paying for a T8 BB and this one will pay dividends in the future.  If you don’t play often, the extra credits you generate can be important.  I’d say grind that free XP hard between now and 0.7.2 and see where you are at.  Get as close as you can.  But the MO is the way to go.  Musashi while OP is harder to master than MO based on its size, dispersion and lack of mobility.

[ARS]
Beta Testers
2,703 posts
2,612 battles
2 minutes ago, Ju87s said:

Well, I figure I can get it down to $30-40 before 7.2 is here.

As to how I do with Iowa, well, I don't have any Tier IX ships.  That said, I seem to do well with battlecruiser style play.  Hood, Kongo and Giulio Cesare are the BBs I've enjoyed most.

[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,395 posts
10,658 battles

Of course there is only one answer and that is both. Get Missouri now while you can then get Musashi.

Members
2,165 posts
8,336 battles
2 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

Really.  There is only one answer.  While you still have the chance to get the Mighty Mo, do everything you can to get it if you don’t have it.

In your video you call Musashi dispersion "wonky" and claim that Missouri has laser guns.  You do know that Musashi has tighter dispersion than Missouri WITH the accuracy mod, right?  Missouri has maximum dispersion of 261m with Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2, while Musashi has maximum dispersion of 256m...  Sigma values are compatible, and at 14km for all practical purposes are identical.

Also Missouri COULD bow tank everything in its tier to its heart content, only until Musashi appeared.  Now you can get citadel penetration through your bow when top tier...

Having said all that, I do agree that if you don't own Missouri, now is the chance to grab her.

Edited by Veksha

[BRZKR]
1,558 posts
5,158 battles
17 minutes ago, Veksha said:

In your video you call Musashi dispersion "wonky" and claim that Missouri has laser guns.  You do know that Musashi has tighter dispersion than Missouri WITH the accuracy mod, right?  Missouri has maximum dispersion of 261m with Artillery Plotting Room Modification 2, while Musashi has maximum dispersion of 256m...  Sigma values are compatible, and at 14km for all practical purposes are identical.

Also Missouri COULD bow tank everything in its tier to its heart content, only until Musashi appeared.  Now you can get citadel penetration through your bow when top tier...

Having said all that, I do agree that if you don't own Missouri, now is the chance to grab her.

I’ll have to verify that with the local expert...  but iirc with the plotting room Iowa/MO goes from some of the worst dispersion to the best in the game.

ok...LWM provides this gif.  Red is Musashi.  Green is MO.  180 shells each.  They can stack four times.

uiCEjtv.gif

Edited by NoZoupForYou

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,737 posts
14,186 battles

Missouri vs Musashi?

One is faster, has better detection, better maneuverability, has literally twice the AA, has radar, prints credits...

the other has bigger guns and a better torp belt.

[BRZKR]
1,558 posts
5,158 battles
1 hour ago, Sweetsie said:

Missouri vs Musashi?

One is faster, has better detection, better maneuverability, has literally twice the AA, has radar, prints credits...

the other has bigger guns and a better torp belt.

Pretty much...

but...  a MO can easily citadel the Musashi with plunging AP on the front citadels if not angled correctly...  it’s citadels sit higher than Yamato.

[BRZKR]
1,558 posts
5,158 battles

Yeeesh.  A lot of Musashis our there today.

[NATO]
Beta Testers
1,958 posts
6,103 battles

I was on the fence too but bit the bullet on the Mo a few days ago. I figured I could do well (or suck) equally with both BUT with the Mo I wouldnt be an XP pinata for CV's and even tho CV's are rare, you can bet CV players are chomping at the bit to get at a fat, ponderous target like Musashi.

Im not sure high tier ships are my thing, I seem to get 150k attack or 30k attack and nothing in between.....and then loose either way lol.

Members
828 posts
6,334 battles
9 hours ago, NoZoupForYou said:

sorry bruh, i like my musashi way more. averaging 40k more damage per game (90 vs 130k)

[CNO]
[CNO]
Members
4,288 posts
14,138 battles

Quote of the day, from Zoup:

Let's face it.  In tier 10, if it's your time to go...and a Midway singles you out....it's your time to go.  Doesn't matter if you're in a Yamato...or even a Montana.  I mean...you're donezo....that's it!

....and...in my first game after typing the above quote we have:

shot-18_01.19_20_37.40-0398.thumb.jpg.c53803afbeb2e6d9790c5f720f72bcaf.jpg

Edited by Soshi_Sone

Sign in to follow this