You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
RevolutionBlues

Every thread on the forum currently

44 comments in this topic

Beta Testers
599 posts
5,367 battles

^ same, I like the customization that the badges bring, but I don't really care for them taking up the screen when you sink someone.

• Cool 2

[BUNNY]
Beta Testers
977 posts
4,273 battles
Just now, Panic512 said:

^ same, I like the customization that the badges bring, but I don't really care for them taking up the screen when you sink someone.

I also quite enjoy knowing somebody has to stare at it when I kill them. 

[LUCK]
Members
1,627 posts
22,132 battles
1 minute ago, cometguy said:

I really don't see what the big deal with it is.

Some of us a just minimalists: play with no sound, low graphics, don't care out camos unless they offer a benefit, don't play ARP/HSF, etc. just like the game.

If others would like to see them and enjoy them I wholeheartedly support that. I just want to turn it off. Just like the fire effect.

Trust me I know I'm odd, I've been working at it for a long time.

• Cool 1

[NERO]
Members
3,606 posts

I have no idea why people are so upset about the badges. It's like they've never played a game that shows you the icon/badge/insignia of the person that kills you before. 

• Cool 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,219 posts
11,900 battles

It's like a forum full of Beta males that are ashamed of denting the tender, tender feelings of their opponents.

(In reality it's their own tender feelings that are getting crushed when they get sunk - don't like being tea-bagged?  Sink them and stay alive....)

[LUCK]
Members
1,627 posts
22,132 battles
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

I have no idea why people are so upset about the badges. It's like they've never played a game that shows you the icon/badge/insignia of the person that kills you before. 

Actually I have not- just one game WoWs.

• Cool 1

[NNC]
Members
2,086 posts
8,971 battles
Just now, RevolutionBlues said:

BpU48lG.png

HMCS Haida steaming towards an unsuspecting thread (2018)

Bro thats f*cking good. Made me get caught by my teacher for laughing too hard

[CRMSN]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,794 posts
4,017 battles
Just now, TTK_Aegis said:

It takes away from seeing the beauty of my ship sinking / exploding.  

Whats the point in investing in awesome GFX for a ship sinking or blowing up if you can't enjoy it because of a half baked implementation of a emblem?

Those other game you speak of don't have the same dynamic play, there isn't the beauty in destruction that is visible in WOWS. 

Especially if you play on a smaller screen, the emblem does not scale properly.  It also takes away from following the game.

If I want to be able to watch another ship get blown up I can't because I have to wait 10 seconds in order to see anything on my screen. 

want to watch the ship that is about to sink from my torps?  Oh I can't because it got blocked out from the giant emblem. 

I am not upset, but the curent implementation is half baked if you ask me. 

• Cool 4

[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
6,819 posts
19,625 battles
23 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

It's like a forum full of Beta males that are ashamed of denting the tender, tender feelings of their opponents.

(In reality it's their own tender feelings that are getting crushed when they get sunk - don't like being tea-bagged?  Sink them and stay alive....)

The exact thing can be said about the emblem defenders and their egos. The fact people are calling it tea bagging is just pretty repulsive to me and now I am against the implementation of the emblems. I had thought they were cool and was hoping to put them on my ship. But since I now know that it is meant to humiliate the other players, well screw it, remove it from the game or give players the ability to turn it off. Pretty simple. 

As for Aegis, no I have never played a game before with emblems or "stuff" that pops up in your face. Course I hate first person shooters and don't play them. I guess Wargaming is just getting it's FPS up to snuff. 

• Cool 1
  • Boring 1

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,219 posts
11,900 battles
10 minutes ago, Taylor3006 said:

The exact thing can be said about the emblem defenders and their egos. The fact people are calling it tea bagging is just pretty repulsive to me and now I am against the implementation of the emblems. I had thought they were cool and was hoping to put them on my ship. But since I now know that it is meant to humiliate the other players, well screw it, remove it from the game or give players the ability to turn it off. Pretty simple. 

As for Aegis, no I have never played a game before with emblems or "stuff" that pops up in your face. Course I hate first person shooters and don't play them. I guess Wargaming is just getting it's FPS up to snuff. 

OMG, how fragile can you guys be?

Did you not shake the hand of the other team after a game?  Or is that the same as taunting as well, having to acknowledge that you got beat?

I don't like either getting sunk or losing, but it's a momentary flash of a badge on the screen - about 3 seconds of a 12-15 minute match, and it's simply a notification of who sunk you.  There are no insulting words on the badges, just stock images.  Good grief, are peoples ego's that fragile?

Edit:  Good news Taylor, I am pretty sure the Bots in PVE don't have badges, so you are in a "safe space" there.

• Funny 1

[WOLF6]
Members
2,382 posts
5,128 battles

Yeah, cuz the experience just isn't complete til you can rub someone's face in it.

The game needs MORE sportsmanship, not less.

This badge thing makes less.

• Cool 2
  • Bad 1
  • Angry 1

Members
21,186 posts
5,686 battles
45 minutes ago, BiggieD61 said:

Speaking of reality, which do you see more of when players want to avoid getting sunk?

Sinking the other guy first? Or avoiding him in the first place?

Why would you expect Betas to act like Alphas?

I'd consider myself a Beta, but really, not taking something unavoidable as a personal affront seems in character for me. I mean, I'm going to get sunk, and a badge is going to pop up. Meh.

Maybe the problem isn't just plai  Betas, but Alpha wannabes, like Scar in the Lion King lol.

Edited by Skpstr

[UDEAD]
[UDEAD]
Beta Testers
1,219 posts
11,900 battles
5 minutes ago, Thornir said:

Yeah, cuz the experience just isn't complete til you can rub someone's face in it.

There is NO message sent, just your name and a stock image, nothing insulting is sent.  If the person is insulted by knowing who sunk them, they need counseling.

Do you have self esteem issues?

I can't get my head around peoples utter "shivering chihuahua"  apprehension over these insignificant badges....

• Cool 1
  • Bad 1

Members
2,992 posts
5,204 battles
5 minutes ago, Thornir said:

I thought I read that if the person didn't have a badge selected, then none would display, but badges we're selected by default. If there's no way to not have a badge, then it's hardly poor sportsmanship.