Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
SavageTactical

People forgot how formidable 18” guns are in the game

5 comments in this topic

[RKN]
Beta Testers
1,100 posts
9,864 battles

I got “snowed in” yesterday morning and decided play a few rounds in the Missouri. It was shear hell facing so many Musashis and Yamatos. There was very little I could do when facing three ships that could pen from any angle bash me and I can’t answer back. Wargaming was probably right with the original 35s reload. I think things settled in the evening but I played tier 7s that evening so I was a little sheltered from T9s.

She’s probably a little to strong for T9 with the 30s reload (especially with the reload booster module) but hell what can you do? 200k FXP and I’ll get my long awaited Japanese BB trainer. If you can’t be them join them ;)

Members
2,190 posts
8,354 battles

I suggest that you check out Yamato/Musashi citadel armor geometry.  It has a slope that your 16” can meet flat head on when coming at an angle from top.  You can learn to penetrate those plates from pretty much any angle if you shoot at the right location in the corresponding plates.  It’s true that 18” can penetrate your citadel bow on, but it does not happen as consistently as you would think.

Of course if you place yourself in position when multiple ships with 18” guns focus you, your Missouri is bound to melt pretty quick.  If Yamato is getting focused by multiple ships with 16” guns of Montana/Missouri type, it will melt the same.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
18 minutes ago, Veksha said:

I suggest that you check out Yamato/Musashi citadel armor geometry.  It has a slope that your 16” can meet flat head on when coming at an angle from top.  You can learn to penetrate those plates from pretty much any angle if you shoot at the right location in the corresponding plates.  It’s true that 18” can penetrate your citadel bow on, but it does not happen as consistently as you would think.

Of course if you place yourself in position when multiple ships with 18” guns focus you, your Missouri is bound to melt pretty quick.  If Yamato is getting focused by multiple ships with 16” guns of Montana/Missouri type, it will melt the same.

Well put. The whole pen at any angle is [edited], you angle correctly and you will bounce the shells. What people are thinking of is 18" guns overmatching your bow, which can happen and can cause cits. That is all the Musashi as going for her, she is huge, slow, horrible AA, probably would get wrecked by T6 CV and massive citadels.

[BLUE_]
Members
422 posts
15,590 battles

OP complains about overmatching with high tier BBs. And forgets that BBs at tier 7 are in an overmatch festival. I thought he got used to it while grinding Nagato, Colorado and BBs in general there. I would argue other stuff, but i'm trying to make my posts shorter.

[ADAPT]
Members
929 posts
14,714 battles

Why people concern about pen the musashi?? Load HE and burn it to hell. Every bb line have high chance setting fire than cruiser.

But if you alone in cruiser , try run away and dont try to suicide. 

Sign in to follow this