Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
FierceNemesis

Real battles

7 comments in this topic

[BALOR]
Members
31 posts
5,365 battles

I love World of Warships and play as often as time permits, I love the new and expanding scenarios, as impossible as they seem they are a great challenge, but I was wondering if you have given thought to real historical battles being staged and replayed. For example, the Hunt for the Bismark, Set up the scenario where all the ships start out when Bismark is at the southern tip of Norway, there is heavy fog and the British fleet has to go looking for her and let the players decide the outcome. You can throw Sharhorst and Genisenou, I think I spelled that right, in the mix to make it interesting.  There are a lot of naval battles in history that can be replayed this way, not necessarily from just the 20th century, but its a good place the start. The hunt for Sharnhorst, Leyte Gulf, Midway and many more could be replayed this way.  Just an idea but it would add a whole new dimension to the game play dynamic particularly if you add the weather, after all the North Atlantic and the wwaters off Russia are not flat calm most of the time.

Thank you for your attention

fiercenemasis

[SALVO]
Members
19,040 posts
19,225 battles

In all the years that WoT has been around, WG has never done "real" historical battles where either.  They did have a "historical battles" mode that sorta-kinda simulated historical battles, but it was a complete bomb.  Don't expect them to repeat it in WoWS, unless perhaps they can do it in the form of an operation, perhaps.  And even then, I doubt that they'd limit the player team to playing only appropriate RN or German ships.

In short, I don't see it happening.  History (pardon the pun) is against you on this.

Members
1,857 posts
5,780 battles

Dunkirk was a realistic Battle and the best one they had so you can not say never.

• Cool 1
  • Funny 1

[SALVO]
Members
19,040 posts
19,225 battles
37 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

Dunkirk was a realistic Battle and the best one they had so you can not say never.

Realistic?  That's questionable, considering that hundreds, if not thousands, of ships participated in the Dunkirk evacuation.  But it is a sorta-kinda historical battle.

[FOXEH]
Beta Testers
9,506 posts
15,773 battles
37 minutes ago, Raven114 said:

True, and true, and very enjoyable in my opinion!

[WOLF2]
Members
269 posts
4,994 battles

I think historical battles would be cool as a co-op operation similar to Dunkirk. Battle of Leyte Gulf, Midway, hunt for Bismarck would all be pretty cool.

Members
2,514 posts
6,734 battles
2 hours ago, Raven114 said:

I think your grip on historical reality is slipping...

it was based on historical events but was not historical

Sign in to follow this