You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
leehwongxing

[0.7.7.0] Yet Another Zoom Out Camera Mod

26 comments in this topic

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

Yet Another Zoom Out Camera Mod

Since the old thread for 0.6.15.x is now vanished from the Modification Archive and in no way get it back since the thread's owner abandoned it. Here is a new one.

Feature

" Ever feel like the cameras, especially the carrier cameras are too zoomed in? 

Well I did, and I got tired of playing carriers in this super zoomed in mode so I tried to (and succeeded) to mod the Carrier view to zoom out further. "

— IKU19

Update

Revamp Dock view, Exterior and Camouflage Tabs

— Change default views

— There are not enough of Exceptions

— Compressed Ultra-Wide view is still Revamping

Notice

— The mod will get update on Saturday after the Update hits —

— Make sure your version is downloaded from here  as I'm NOT endorsed on Aslain modpack as he hasnt asked me either —

Bugs

Previous version contain a bug where switching between tabs in Exteriors cause extreme zoom into ship part,
it's caused by having defaultState other than 0 and default Node reflect the defaultState, it's fixed in this version, hopefully.

Preview

Spoiler

Preview:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTZUqKIeDxU

(can't really make this embed view centered, sorry)

Screenshots:

3vJbShT.jpg

Tl5ZP3L.jpg

c3d5PMI.jpg

TwnGQ5z.jpg

u8INZPq.png

kGBX0KY.png

GqZOXSA.jpg

— The rest of album can be found here: https://imgur.com/a/a7VNA

Download

Change logs

Spoiler

0.7.7 — Revamp Dock view, Exterior Tabs. Change default views, more Exceptions for ships

0.7.6 — Make the zoomed out closer yet still provide overall view for torpedobeat, it's a lot father than default.

0.7.5 — Messing around with camera setting to eliminate freezes during load 

0.7.4.0 — Incremental update from 0.7.3.0a

0.7.3.0a — Migrate setting from 0.7.4.PTS, Fix awkward zooms in combat and dock-view.

0.7.3.0 — Added zoom steps to Dock, change default zoom steps, make the zoomed out zooms look more of original's.

0.7.2.0 — Update over 0.7.1.1 build, introduce alternative ultrawide combat zoom on "0.7.2.0.UltraWide" build
change the outer zooms on UltraWide build

0.7.1.0.Alpha — Introduce back the Combat zooms, only affect the outer zooms. Fasten default timing on transition. Change some default viewState.

0.7.0.2 — Fix different FOV on DP Guns between Atba/Artillery/Anti-Aircraft view

0.7.0.1 — Reintroduce the mod, update and fixing things

Credit

to @IKU19 and previous maintainers

Edited by leehwongxing
0.7.7 Update
  • Cool 1

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,397 battles

@leehwongxing :o good to see your thread went up tried to recreate the thread and got taken down :p

If you need help updating just say so intill than hope we can keep this mod running

• Cool 1

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

I'm glad someone has continued to update this.  I updated privately because I never thought anyone used it.  After the camera changes, is everything working again?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,397 battles
47 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

I'm glad someone has continued to update this.  I updated privately because I never thought anyone used it.  After the camera changes, is everything working again?

Had to do a few edits in it  but ya everything is working, leehwongxing also added some cliff notes to some of the stuff too making patching/bug fixing alot easier now

If your running the older version and the combat camera is stuck at default/max zoom in, the fix just remove this (should be around line 1080+)

Spoiler

<state>
                    <key>240</key>
                    <zoom>0.6</zoom>
                    <fov>0.6</fov>
                    <nearPlane>0.1</nearPlane>
                    <minPitch>-45</minPitch>
                    <maxPitch>35</maxPitch>
                    <coeffRocking>-5</coeffRocking>
                    <backwardResistance>0.5</backwardResistance>
                </state>

And modify this (around line 1070+)

Spoiler

<state>
                    <key>180</key>
                    <zoom>0.750</zoom> <!--value at 0.794 for old zoom out-->
                    <nearPlane>1.5</nearPlane>
                    <minPitch>-45</minPitch>
                    <maxPitch>35</maxPitch>
                    <coeffRocking>-3</coeffRocking>
                    <backwardResistance>0.5</backwardResistance>
                </state>

hope this helps if you just want to patch your own copy

Edited by Muki41

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

Previously, all you needed to do was change the <controller> code.  Hopefully, that remains the way to update things.

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,397 battles
14 minutes ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

Previously, all you needed to do was change the <controller> code.  Hopefully, that remains the way to update things.

should remain that way unless they change something major to the camera again don't forget to add in the bino/distance code they just put in, I set the farmoduledistance value to 180 doesn't seem to change anything for gameplay but doesn't hurt to set it to max

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

@Muki41 did you use my PT build? it has a lot of testing stuffs hence you'll see a lot of diff here and there, the 0.7.1.0 should be uploaded soon, as i'm testing the tactical map transition

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,397 battles
2 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

@Muki41 did you use my PT build? it has a lot of testing stuffs hence you'll see a lot of diff here and there, the 0.7.1.0 should be uploaded soon, as i'm testing the tactical map transition

Ah yes I used the PT build for the cliff notes and how to fix the dock camera  but I mainly been updating the older module so it still usable, since I'm abit unsure if I want the different FOV for the guns would have to relearn how to shoot them all after all XD

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles
1 minute ago, Muki41 said:

Ah yes I used the PT build for the cliff notes and how to fix the dock camera  but I mainly been updating the older module so it still usable, since I'm abit unsure if I want the different FOV for the guns would have to relearn how to shoot them all after all XD

If you use my PT build, solely, you'll need to relearn a lot but it's far much easier to play ships with extreme low/high shell velocity. the FoV thing is a left over from my ultrawide camera mod, it's intended to get 21.9 view in 16:9 screen

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,397 battles
4 minutes ago, leehwongxing said:

If you use my PT build, solely, you'll need to relearn a lot but it's far much easier to play ships with extreme low/high shell velocity. the FoV thing is a left over from my ultrawide camera mod, it's intended to get 21.9 view in 16:9 screen

ah the way I fix that is use dynamic  crosshair and zoom out by one tick so its 15 to 0 scale fixes the low/high shell velocity problem for me, instead of having the reworked fov/camera

[-K-]
Supertester
3,099 posts
6,832 battles

An issue I'm having, and I don't know if it's particular to camera mods, is that when I switch from torpedo to regular view mode, I'm staying zoomed in instead of zooming back out to max range.  Any fix for this?

[WAIFU]
[WAIFU]
Members
351 posts
9,397 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

An issue I'm having, and I don't know if it's particular to camera mods, is that when I switch from torpedo to regular view mode, I'm staying zoomed in instead of zooming back out to max range.  Any fix for this?

did you swap while in binoculars mode for the torpedo's to gun? I know it does this to me, a quick fix I done is swap back to torpedo while in non-binoculars and back to gun

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles
1 hour ago, Pope_Shizzle said:

It's that way for what I can remember

[CAFE]
[CAFE]
Members
377 posts
6,621 battles

That torpedo view bug is new I believe, it didn’t used to be like that. There’s a problem with the default zoom setting since the “start battle zoomed out” puts it at minimum zoom when the battle starts.

It’s a significant issue during DD duels where you want to launch torps during the fight and all of a sudden you have your head stuck inside your ship. That extra second or two loss of vision and having to scroll out is costly.

Also the downloadable file from this thread doesn't work out of the box.

Changing the 180 key values from 1 to .750 restored the zoom, also changing the <defaultkey>30 to <defaultkey>180 (the key which was edited) fixes the torpedo launcher -> gun zoom bug FYI. The camerasConsumer file from this thread doesn't seem to have any edits made to it though, as in it doesn't allow you to zoom out at all.

Is there a way to add zoom "stepping?" There only seems to be the max zoom and min zoom and scrolling in/out just alternates between the two, I'm assuming the keys are other steps but they don't seem to work.

Edit: reintroducing <key>240 fixed the lack of zoom stepping but seems to reintroduce the torpedo zoom issue.

The game is definitely more playable with only one zoom setting and no torpedo bug, but ideally I'd like to get both the zoom stepping and the torpedo view issue to go away, any ideas?

Edited by chriztahfah

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles
10 hours ago, chriztahfah said:

That torpedo view bug is new I believe, it didn’t used to be like that. There’s a problem with the default zoom setting since the “start battle zoomed out” puts it at minimum zoom when the battle starts.

That doesn't affect this mod, it is kept the way it works before.

It’s a significant issue during DD duels where you want to launch torps during the fight and all of a sudden you have your head stuck inside your ship. That extra second or two loss of vision and having to scroll out is costly.

If you use your mouse scroll, you have worse problem. This won't help you at all, press [Shift] may help you out of your own misery FYI.

And I don't plan to change which works before but bugged now thanks to some unknown factor. The bugged part isn't a part of this xml file, it's scrips.zip which I'm not allowed to edit.

reintroducing <key>240 fixed the lack of zoom stepping but seems to reintroduce the torpedo zoom issue.

The game is definitely more playable with only one zoom setting and no torpedo bug, but ideally I'd like to get both the zoom stepping and the torpedo view issue to go away, any ideas?

LOL NOPE, I won't add it back, ever. for the sake of getting playable for all ships, not just some specified ships.

[CAFE]
[CAFE]
Members
377 posts
6,621 battles

Your responses come off as rather rude and you failed to comprehend anything that I wrote.

After coming out of torpedo view it remains zoomed in more than it should requiring you to zoom out again. 

And instead of going “LOL NOPE” you could explain a little bit why, that would be more helpful.

thanks.

Also you may want to upload an edited file rather than what looks like a default cameraConsumer file. Aslains added it to your modpack and it didn’t work out of the box, which is kind of a requirement for being in the modpack.

Edited by chriztahfah
  • Cool 1

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

what you get on aslain isnt this, and aslain has his own copy and hasnt ask me for this either. ill check the file once i get off my job. the behavior is of the old one, it has been changed long ago and i find the current is more comfortable

this is not a maintained version but developing one. 

Edit. you either get the wrong file or youre viewing the wrong version. the uploaded one is correct

Edited by leehwongxing

[CAFE]
[CAFE]
Members
377 posts
6,621 battles

He added your version to the modpack and changed it back once people reportedly it wasn’t working.

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

send me the old file, the file uploaded here is what im using so it should be working fine

look at the date of the comment, he update his YAZOM before i upload mine.

Edited by leehwongxing

[ANKER]
Members
2 posts
3,292 battles

Hello there, I'm using your mod in Aslains modpack.

I've had an issue since 7.1.1, the zoom steppings have changed when using this mod. Zooming out one tick now does double the effect, which is quite annoying for me when playing ships with slow shell velocity (Atlanta).

Without mods it works as normal, but it seems as though Wargaming may have removed some of the zoom steppings there used to be, this could be the problem. It seems as though now there are only the 3 highest zooms available in full bino mode and then you start having the ship view.

BTW, I asked this question on aslains forums and he told me to ask here as he doesn't change the mod.

Thanks.

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

I had RL problem last weeks so 0.7.2.2 didn't get the update, I haven't got to play too, but here I am, at my sweet-sweet home.

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

So, I gotta spam on my Topic to get my topic off getting archived

Change log for 0.7.5: 

Messing around with camera setting to eliminate freezes during load 

[CYKA]
Modder
847 posts
4,826 battles

Change log for 0.7.6

— Make the zoomed out closer yet still provide overall view for torpedo-beat, it's father than default.