You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Erebthoron

Sorry I cannot take this anymore without getting salty

31 comments in this topic

[ARGSY]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
5,660 posts
20,373 battles

Since about 2 weeks my WR is on it's way down. Not one or two days full of lost battles, every day is terrible.

Don't care what ship class I play or what tier: if there is a division in my team, they are bad, usually end with the lowest score.

Carriers in my team don't know basics, they get outplayed by the other team or attack AA ships instead easier targets.

I had 5 games yesterday were our DD's were gone in less of 5 minutes without doing any damage.

I had a New Mex in the last game that hide behind a island with nearly full health. He could easy picked up 3 heavy damaged ships and we would have won the battle.

I usually ended in most of the battles within the top 3 players. The top 3 usually had more XP then the lowest 6 together.

Just feels bad.

• Cool 1

[V_KNG]
Beta Testers
9,992 posts

Well then, seems like low tide has found a new harbor.... as mine has been getting better, due to programmatic balance in a virtual world, the slight increase in my WR has to be borrowed from someone, somewhere on the NA server. You know, there is a limited amount of wins to pass around, positives, negatives and of course if there is a carrot a rabbit must find it. 

Relax. Forget about stats. Then you can have fun, WR will go back to where it once was. Until then though, thanks for shedding some of your WR energy for the rest of us to utilize so we can have solid wins AND losses:
shot-18_01.18_00_05.10-0371.thumb.jpg.06d528eee2f8e93d157cdda6ab12b450.jpg

• Cool 1

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
111 posts
9,523 battles

When's the last time you took a break and played another game? It's easy to get burned out on a game if it's all you play, especially with WG titles, where all your stats are proudly displayed post battle for all to see, good or bad. Happened with WoT on the console for me a while back, and finding another game to play for a week or so really helped put a new light and enjoyment into the game when I came back to it. It's pretty common for the folks who play this game to be extra salty, and I have certainly noticed an increased level of toxicity since the DoY missions.

This is probably a good time to take some time off and find something different for a time.

[FACT]
Members
402 posts
3,943 battles

I feel you. I played 55 random battles over the weekend to finish the DoY and New Year's missions. Horrible, absolutely horrible game/team play. Lost 13 Karma cause I started calling out all the [edited] and poor play. Like a fool, I played 3 more after I completed the missions. Lost all 3 to everything you listed and more.

I had enough of the [edited] and exited the game. Taking a break. Grabbed the update yesterday, and nothing more. Mentally, I just can't. No motivation knowing what's on the horizon for me if I click battle. Eventually I'll return. Now is not the time. Really sucks because I scored a number of great ships from the Santa Containers.

Perhaps a short break is in order for you...? Cheers!

[POP]
Members
929 posts
10,992 battles
6 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Since about 2 weeks my WR is on it's way down. Not one or two days full of lost battles, every day is terrible.

Don't care what ship class I play or what tier: if there is a division in my team, they are bad, usually end with the lowest score.

Carriers in my team don't know basics, they get outplayed by the other team or attack AA ships instead easier targets.

I had 5 games yesterday were our DD's were gone in less of 5 minutes without doing any damage.

I had a New Mex in the last game that hide behind a island with nearly full health. He could easy picked up 3 heavy damaged ships and we would have won the battle.

I usually ended in most of the battles within the top 3 players. The top 3 usually had more XP then the lowest 6 together.

Just feels bad.

This got me right in the feels...

[SUGAR]
[SUGAR]
Members
3,748 posts
14,202 battles
9 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Just feels bad.

Many are still focusing on ranked, and those that aren't may have ranked out and taking a break. A lot of new blood in the game, as many times I see player counts at 14k when it has been at 10k all of last year. Another factor for poor play is the in game campaigns....while fun they don't always promote teamplay. Just another example to "try" to ignore WR which isn't easy to do....

Watching dd's send 8k torps at 14k targets and shooting guns at 11k targets rather than getting close to torp them can make you wonder some times...

[ERN]
[ERN]
Modder, Alpha Tester, In AlfaTesters, Beta Testers
10,405 posts
4,550 battles

Take a break, it will do you some good. It did for me

[MEIST]
Members
1,006 posts
3,755 battles
18 minutes ago, Erebthoron said:

Just feels bad.

I went through the same thing and I am still trying to get back. I have had more luck lately though. It'll turn around.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles

@Erebthoron

To the tune of "Streets of London"

"Have you seen the potato in his stock Tier 5 Emerald,

Wandering round the ocean in this clapped-out joke*

Outranged by all cruisers, deleted by the bruisers,

Game ends fifteen seconds after he runs out of smoke

So how can you tell me your sta-ats suck

And say for you RNG don't shine

Let me take you by the hand, I give you low tier RN cruisers

They'll show you something that'll make you change your mind."

* = For the purposes of rhyme only. I drove one until recently and I have a certain affection for her, but there's no doubt she's just not up to the game in a WW2-era cruiser/BB environment.

[O_O]
[O_O]
Members
3,535 posts
14,027 battles

@Erebthoron it has to be the campaigns causing this. My WR hit low 40's on Monday and Tuesday as the campaigns wind down. A lot of foolishness trying to complete those tasks (even from me). This all makes for poor team play as selfishness rules but it is part of the game.

Taking a break is not a bad idea but I think it'll get better this week. Then you can reclaim some of your lost WR from @Herr_Reitz!

:Smile_izmena:

• Cool 1

Members
5,575 posts
7,121 battles

It's always made me chuckle that the best thing to do in a situation like this is to stop playing for a while. The game causes so many problems, you need to stop playing it?

If someone was trying to get me to start playing a game and told me I needed to take a break every now and then for sanity, I can guarantee I wouldn't even start playing it.

In my 38 years of gaming, I don't think I've been put into a situation like this other than WOWS.

Regardless, everyone's correct.

Edited by Wulfgarn
  • Cool 2

[MIA-I]
Supertester
2,811 posts
5,086 battles

Take a break.  Seriously.  Sometimes you get into this cycle where you focus on trying and doing what you can to win, but you miss other things.  This all compounds together and snowballs further and further.  I'm planning on taking a break myself.  Ran out of premium time, won't be able to re-up until February, and the games I played last night were abysmal.  Took my cruisers out, 100k - 180k damage games...  Losses.  Sad part was, I was usually earning more XP in those games then the majority of the enemy team :(  It was almost a pattern, had to play 3 games in each ship to get my 1st win of the day.  First two games were losses, 3rd one was a win.  I usually don't get angry but when I want to throw my mouse across the room, yeah... break time....

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
44 minutes ago, Khafni said:

it has to be the campaigns causing this

It's North Cape causing this; my money's on that one.

Operations might be a good place to escape to; the tasks are so focused there, and the eligibility for campaigns is pretty much zero, IIRC.

• Cool 1

[YORHA]
Members
3,904 posts
6,770 battles

It is the special missions and now the chance to earn your very own "Junior Woodchuck Merit Badges" that has screwed this game up for weeks.  First it was the DoY crap and now this.  Everyone just logs in and goes hell bent for leather for whatever shiny little prize WG dangles in front of them.  Screw the team, screw winning, screw everything but getting my little badge.

• Cool 1

[MOFOS]
Members
400 posts
6,341 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Just feels bad.

I usually step away and play some co-op with ships I do not normally play. Gives me a different look . I started playing DDs more than my BBs because of this. BB play is terrible right now. Tier 5 BB play is still enjoyable but tiers 7-10 are the worse. 

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
1 hour ago, Erebthoron said:

Just feels bad.

I feel your pain, Ereb.  I haven't actually shared it, but I feel for ya.

Seems pretty obvious that what's going on is an influx of new players.  And they just don't know the  basics, or how to play to win, or the mechanics, or a lot of things.  I've had a few battles like this, but thankfully I've also been on the other side at least as often as well.

Best I can suggest is, if you're going to try to play through this, maybe play high tiers, if you have any.  I don't know if you're a high tier player or not, but at least up there you shouldn't see all that many newbies, except perhaps in the occasional tier 8 premium.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,777 posts
5,911 battles
1 minute ago, JCC45 said:

and now the chance to earn your very own "Junior Woodchuck Merit Badges"

:Smile_teethhappy:

If the Junior Woodchuck merit badges were anything other than a decoration, I might give a damn. But AFAIK that's all they are, and some of them at least can be gained with non-directed gameplay. I'm not sure they make that much difference, surely?

A free premium battleship, on the other hand? Yeah, I can understand people being irrational for that chance.

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
4 minutes ago, JCC45 said:

It is the special missions and now the chance to earn your very own "Junior Woodchuck Merit Badges" that has screwed this game up for weeks.  First it was the DoY crap and now this.  Everyone just logs in and goes hell bent for leather for whatever shiny little prize WG dangles in front of them.  Screw the team, screw winning, screw everything but getting my little badge.

The badge missions don't even need one to play any differently than normal, they're so easy.  About the only thing I've done differently, was on the missions where you had to win, survive, and do "something", if I did that something and we  were quite likely to win and I was still afloat, if I was too close to death to risk exposure, I'd hide and try to shoot over islands.  I did this in my Atlanta when I was down to about 1-2k HP.  But in that same battle, we had a team mate in a Gneisenau doing the same thing ... and he had at least 60-70% of his health left.  He was at no risk at that point in the battle, short of a detonation.

In my case, I wasn't about to risk my survival in a game where we were about to reach 1000 domination points and win, when I'd already gotten my 2 kills.  If the win had been far less certain, I probably would have not hidden like I did.  But with the win certain, I wasn't going to screw the pooch.

Members
2,059 posts
5,097 battles

From personal experience, take a break, and stop ship hopping.

If I start wildly jumping around tiers and classes I find my play goes down drastically. Hakuna your tattas, settle in with a reliable boat, weather the storm the next couple of matches, get into a comfortable swing. Start feeling good again.

[MOFOS]
Members
400 posts
6,341 battles
53 minutes ago, Khafni said:

@Erebthoron it has to be the campaigns causing this. My WR hit low 40's on Monday and Tuesday as the campaigns wind down. A lot of foolishness trying to complete those tasks (even from me). This all makes for poor team play as selfishness rules but it is part of the game.

Taking a break is not a bad idea but I think it'll get better this week. Then you can reclaim some of your lost WR from @Herr_Reitz!

:Smile_izmena:

I think it effected ranked also. My opinion of course, but it should be kept out of ranked. Ranked is a team playing event and strategy. People just shooting for their individual stats or mission depending what they need at anyone moment hurt team play. If a player needs to kill a BB and is shooting over a Cruiser that is a threat, he or she is not helping the team. 

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
3 minutes ago, Sir_Davos_Seaworth said:

Yeah, I've been kind of avoiding randoms since I had to take a break...been hitting "The Mission of the week" for the most part.... Maybe try some of those? 

Ops are a great way to grind tier 6's or 7's, depending on the mission.  Though I will say that most of these operations are not very DD friendly, and some aren't all that carrier friendly either.  They're far more cruiser and BB friendly, because of the multiple waves of enemy bots, you need more durability.  About the only operation where I found a DD to be pretty useful was Raptor Rescue, because there were a lot of enemy DD's, and it was useful to spot both the bot DDs and the rest of their fleet.

But from my experience in the tier 7 operations, DDs are just too damned fragile to be good long haul contributors.  But I suppose YMMV.

[SALVO]
Members
18,991 posts
19,215 battles
4 minutes ago, X15 said:

From personal experience, take a break, and stop ship hopping.

If I start wildly jumping around tiers and classes I find my play goes down drastically. Hakuna your tattas, settle in with a reliable boat, weather the storm the next couple of matches, get into a comfortable swing. Start feeling good again.

I'm exactly the opposite.  I love variety.  And I feel that I do better playing a wide variety of ships and tiers, in large part because I'm a lot happier.  If I get stuck playing the same ship time after time, I get bored and unhappy, and my play suffers.  It's a big reason why I don't do the full grind in Ranked.  Too dang boring.

• Cool 1