You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
Sinboto

In need of british DD

12 comments in this topic

[NDA]
Supertester
3,329 posts
6,236 battles

Never really thought I'd need a premium DD for the RN, not with no actual line for them to be found, but these missions where you need torp hits in british ships?

Haha me thinks it would be way easier to do in a DD than my cruisers, oh well minotaur time. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
3,303 posts
15,505 battles

The Premium DD HMS Gallant otherwise mino time

[U-P]
Beta Testers
84 posts
5,271 battles

I also noticed this and thought it was a bit silly seeing we only have 2 British DD's but only 1 would qualify and I do understand the Cruisers have torps but there not a main source for attach, so it would be more of a chance then anything. Could have been made a bit more diverse in regards to the lack from the British side.

[SALVO]
Members
18,945 posts
19,191 battles

The Emerald is pretty good for that RN torpedo task, particularly if you can get lucky and end up in a tier 5 battle on a nice small map.

[TBW]
Members
7,092 posts
13,030 battles
16 minutes ago, Crucis said:

The Emerald is pretty good for that RN torpedo task, particularly if you can get lucky and end up in a tier 5 battle on a nice small map.

Emerald was my choice, well and the gallant when Emmy wasn't available. I don't think I got any hits with Gallant. Use Emerald to single fire torps at BBs and do two missions at once. Spin and do it again.

[SALVO]
Members
18,945 posts
19,191 battles
3 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Emerald was my choice, well and the gallant when Emmy wasn't available. I don't think I got any hits with Gallant. Use Emerald to single fire torps at BBs and do two missions at once. Spin and do it again.

I got most of my hits with the Gallant, but did get some with the Emerald.  For me, the Gallant was my primary and the Emerald the secondary choice.

[TBW]
Members
7,092 posts
13,030 battles
1 minute ago, Crucis said:

I got most of my hits with the Gallant, but did get some with the Emerald.  For me, the Gallant was my primary and the Emerald the secondary choice.

I wish they would have added tier 4's because 10 out of 10 games I was bottom tier with emerald I did that task twice.

[SALVO]
Members
18,945 posts
19,191 battles
14 minutes ago, Sovereigndawg said:

I wish they would have added tier 4's because 10 out of 10 games I was bottom tier with emerald I did that task twice.

Heck, I wish they'd allowed an exception and  allowed use of the Campeltown for this task, give that there are only 2 RN DD's in the first place.

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
1 hour ago, Sovereigndawg said:

Don't you mean the Danae? Because the Danae is a wonderful choice for stuff like this; she's got enough torps, and she's got the +1 matchmaking on her side. A lot of the 750K HP grind that won me the Vampire was done in my Danae.

[NDA]
Supertester
3,329 posts
6,236 battles
13 minutes ago, Ensign_Cthulhu said:

Don't you mean the Danae? Because the Danae is a wonderful choice for stuff like this; she's got enough torps, and she's got the +1 matchmaking on her side. A lot of the 750K HP grind that won me the Vampire was done in my Danae.

He's saying he wishes the mission was T4 and up because at T5 you get uptiered often. 

[ARGSY]
Members
8,735 posts
5,902 battles
6 minutes ago, Sinboto said:

He's saying he wishes the mission was T4 and up because at T5 you get uptiered often.

True. Been there, done that, and I did mention the uptiering advantage the Danae gets (if the Danae had smoke it would be hideously OP).