Sign in to follow this  
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
pikohan

wth WG? You can't make this up!

20 comments in this topic

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,559 posts
9,616 battles

Not really one to make rage posts, but I can't help but rage about this.

Over the holidays... 20-30 Christmas containers and no ship.

Ok fine, they were mostly $1 containers anyway... whatever.

Today.

TWO supercontainers

6WFN4A7.jpg

TWO DAMAGE CONTROL MODIFICATIONS

uiqXViR.jpg

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF SIX

Seriously, what the heck? Not only is it pretty much ten wasted supercontainers, more than half the modules are the worst one.

Is it because I'm an F2P scrub? Is that it Wargaming?

• Funny 1

[OBS]
Beta Testers, In AlfaTesters
176 posts
8,522 battles

Well...I had 12 Spotting Aircraft Mods at one point...,lol

• Funny 1

[-SYN-]
[-SYN-]
Alpha Tester
1,184 posts
4,858 battles

I wish they would remove the possibility of getting premium ships from supercontainers, that way people will stop being so upset when anything other than that pops out.

• Cool 2
  • Funny 2
  • Bad 3

[NDA]
Supertester
3,329 posts
6,238 battles

Meanwhile a ship on the third christmas box. 

Although I haven't had a super in a lonnnnnggggg time. 

[SYN]
[SYN]
Members
2,559 posts
9,616 battles
18 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I wish they would remove the possibility of getting premium ships from supercontainers, that way people will stop being so upset when anything other than that pops out.

I don't mind that I haven't gotten a ship so much... I realize they're supposed to be super rare. That's fine.

I don't even mind that I've gotten a ton of special mods... some of them are useful: I could use a speed boost mod.

I'm raging that half of the ten of the damn mods have been damage control, which is by far the most useless. It could have been speed boost or even spotting aircraft, but no, SIX freaking damage control mods. All that other stuff is just the icing on the cake.

[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,662 battles
27 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

I kinda second this considering there's alot of crybabys who seem ENTITLED to getting a ship or really anything that they didn't get when they got something that's more valuable than the standard container no matter how you look at it. 

• Bad 1

[U-P]
Beta Testers
84 posts
5,287 battles

It's just RNG, I got Repair Parties with my first 5 SC and I'm still sitting on 1100 +, a ship is rare and I didn't get a ship either out of 30 $1 Christmas boxes, and paying in this game has nothing to do with it!

Members
319 posts
4,388 battles

I spent $60 or so for no ships around Christmas...figured I would give it another try before they were gone...another $20...no ships.

Opened my free ones...De Grasse.

• Cool 1

[ANIME]
Members
363 posts
9,306 battles
28 minutes ago, KingCakeBaby said:

2 minutes ago, Raptor_alcor said:

I kinda second this considering there's alot of crybabys who seem ENTITLED to getting a ship or really anything that they didn't get when they got something that's more valuable than the standard container no matter how you look at it. 

Part of it is that supercontainers really aren't all that super.  My last SC was 100 speed flags.  While speed flags are quite nice and are relatively hard to come by, I could have gotten the same amount of flags pulling flag containers instead of credit containers.  When you consider that 100 flags is about about 3.50 reg price, it's not bad, but at the same time from regular basic containers you can earn reserve slots and port slots.  You can get 4 reserve spots per item in a container which is equal to 600 doubloons.  600 doubloons is 3.50.  So in terms of monetary value, the regular container is better because you get the 4 reserve spots which cost 3.50 plus whatever credits or flags.  The flags do have an ingame impact which is impossible to quantify.

The other part of supercontainers is that they are so variable in their rewards.  From the wiki 

Supercontainers contain much more valuable rewards than regular containers. Possibilities include:

• 50 000 or 100 000 Free XP.
  • 1000 or 2500 doubloons.
  • 100x non-special signal.
  • 25x, 50x or 100 special signal.
  • 50x camouflage.
  • Premium ship, including captain and port slot.
  • 7, 14 or 30 days Premium account.
  • Special upgrades.

There is quite a large difference between the highest and lowest possible rewards.  When you consider the fact that you could earn the same amount of Premium eco flags as regular flags, getting the regular flags is kinda lame.  It's the whole issue of relative happiness.  Somebody else and I could be doing the same work and while I make 6 digits, the other person makes 50% more than me.  6 digits isn't anything to scoff at or be unhappy about, but more often than not, I'm going to be unhappy and resentful because for the same effort and work I'm being paid less.  That applies to here also.  Earning a SC, while largely RNG and luck, does require labor.  If you don't play the game, you aren't going to get SC's, and by playing the game more you get more containers and by extension more rolls at an SC.  Grinding through 100s of containers to get a SC and then getting the minimum premium eco flags while some other random players gets the maximum amount of premium eco flags, is bound to leave you feeling pretty bad.  In a sense it becomes even worse when you go through 10 or 15 SC's with no ship and some player with less than 1k games gets a ship from the SCs they get from leveling up their account.

While this doesn't necessarily apply to the OP, I feel that's the main gripe people have with SCs as a whole.  

[TBW]
Members
7,093 posts
13,055 battles
2 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

That was funny but I know you didn't mean it. No skin off my butt though, I already have all the premiums I can get but 2 of them Kamikaze R and Graf Zeplin.

[GOFU]
Beta Testers
102 posts
6,388 battles

Heh.... try getting your first SC in NINE MONTHS, then opening to find....100 ramming flags.  Yep.  The absolutely most useless possible flag to get.  My SC nine months ago was 100 AA flags, which I at least found moderately useful.  Been playing since Beta, and have NEVER gotten a ship thru random drops.  Dropped about $75 on boxes over the holidays, no ships, but some useful and some not-so useful stuff.

RNG is Random.  Just remember that optimists are often disappointed, but pessimists are occasionally pleasantly surprised.

[NGAGE]
Members
2,873 posts
7,782 battles

Be glad you have a radar module.

I have a massive number of DefAA ones and no radar module. I'd trade 3:1 at this point, I think I have a couple extra of the damage control one too..

[TROY]
Members
209 posts
2,926 battles
7 hours ago, KingCakeBaby said:

Wouldn't help as people would still complain about getting terrible modules or useless flags.  The only way to fix this would be to remove all supercontainers entirely. 

I don't mind when I don't get a ship in a super, still havent gotten one actually, but i am still annoyed by useless modules or flags.  I got two supers of increased flooding chance and detonation flags back to back when the container system was still new, I don't worry about detonations except for compettitive play and I don't play CVs and rarely play DDs so the flooding flags are mostly useless to me.

4 minutes ago, enderland07 said:

Be glad you have a radar module.

I have a massive number of DefAA ones and no radar module. I'd trade 3:1 at this point, I think I have a couple extra of the damage control one too..

I would like the option to choose a reward from a small list, say 3 to 4 options, would give me the chance to have some input on what actually matters to me.

Members
37 posts
2,116 battles
8 hours ago, pikohan said:

Not really one to make rage posts, but I can't help but rage about this.

Over the holidays... 20-30 Christmas containers and no ship.

Ok fine, they were mostly $1 containers anyway... whatever.

Today.

TWO supercontainers

6WFN4A7.jpg

TWO DAMAGE CONTROL MODIFICATIONS

uiqXViR.jpg

FOR A GRAND TOTAL OF SIX

Seriously, what the heck? Not only is it pretty much ten wasted supercontainers, more than half the modules are the worst one.

Is it because I'm an F2P scrub? Is that it Wargaming?

I have only chosen the "Try your luck" option and in the 450 games or so have had a hand full of super containers.

Hoping that one day I will get the speed boost. I like WOW's, but love speed and my Kiev feels slower somehow...lol.

[CAST]
Members
1,444 posts
7,924 battles

I don't even get super containers.  I did get a couple a while back.  I don't look for or expect a super container, or a ship in a SC if one does drop.  I do look for ward to the consumables or flags depending on what I select for a container.  It keeps me running premium consumables on the cheap.

Members
1,626 posts
8,563 battles
1 hour ago, TheDreadnought said:

They just need to give every ship 1 slot that can be used for a special upgrade.  Then the upgrades will become valuable.

I like this idea, maybe have extra slots based on tier. I think it would help a lot if they took another balancing pass at the modules. Maybe the the Fire Mod increases up time and decreases CD, or gives an extra heal, something to make it more a choice.

Sign in to follow this