Jump to content
You need to play a total of 5 battles to post in this section.
YukonHunter

Patch 7.0 = Fail

47 comments in this topic

Recommended Posts

249
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
10 minutes ago, ReddNekk said:

In past patches, I've liked most of the things that the devs have done and they've always gotten a "attaboy!" from me. In this patch, the only things I like about it is the "ho-ho-ho" going bye-bye-bye. and the port camera. Overall, this patch gets a "ah-sh*t" from me.


I didnt mention the camera because, quite frank, I forgot -- so i reloaded the game and took a look.

Not that much of a difference, it has to be said. I had hoped for a 'walk the deck' camera, or a freefly mode  - sadly, neither's the case.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,610
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,135 battles
14 minutes ago, Snargfargle said:

I have played online games for over ten years now. Every single time a patch has come out in any game that I have played someone has immediately come to the forums and said that it sucked.

I have played online games for over twice that amount of time and yes people will complain any time there are changes. Then again people complain with good reason as well. At some point people won't complain and just quit. Posting in the forums shows that people still care a bit anyways. Eventually changes will drive off players and the forums will fill up with "we need submarines" posts or "hi I am a noob" posts again and the circle of life continues.

Edited by Taylor3006

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,494
[GREPT]
[GREPT]
Beta Testers
6,739 posts
7,756 battles

patches are fine, mushashi is fine, the training room is a cancerous existance and wargaming should not only be ashamed but reprimand whoever thought it was a good idea to UTTERLY GUT a fully functioning (if mildly hard to access) mode that would assist in training. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,991
[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
3 hours ago, Taylor3006 said:

 

The thing I don't care for in this patch is the addition of a "friendly" AI carrier in PvE play. Such a stupid idea that I just don't want to play anymore. Co-op players asked for enemy carrier or battleships added to a PvE match to make them more challenging and to give more ships to farm xp on. Adding a friendly bot to compete for xp against is moronic. Was already hating the game because of the DoY grind, this patch just pushes me over the edge.

Lolololol. Its just another example of valuable dev time wasted on something nobody wanted or needed, while easy things long asked for are ignored. It is blindingly obvious that the devs dont play the game... Because nobody who had to grind a ship wants to compete with a Sky Parasite....

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,610
[PVE]
[PVE]
Members
7,307 posts
20,135 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

Lolololol. Its just another example of valuable dev time wasted on something nobody wanted or needed, while easy things long asked for are ignored. It is blindingly obvious that the devs dont play the game... Because nobody who had to grind a ship wants to compete with a Sky Parasite....

I am beginning to think that they are at the least, incompetent or clueless.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
59
[POI--]
Members
189 posts
2,058 battles
4 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Hells, even Mouse admits how horrid the ship is aside of her guns.  

Huh. No. Are you high? On acid, perhaps? Because I remember very cleary the OVERPOWERED badge LWM gave the Musashi, over the fact that it has Yamato guns with merely average, rather than outstanding, accuracy, and its having the same armor and same HP as a T10, beating the second best by 15k HP. AA is a nonfactor, at those tiers: you either have it great, or you might not have it at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
249
[JEEP]
Beta Testers
742 posts
5,607 battles
9 hours ago, WeissRaben_2 said:

Huh. No. Are you high? On acid, perhaps? Because I remember very cleary the OVERPOWERED badge LWM gave the Musashi, over the fact that it has Yamato guns with merely average, rather than outstanding, accuracy, and its having the same armor and same HP as a T10, beating the second best by 15k HP. AA is a nonfactor, at those tiers: you either have it great, or you might not have it at all.

And I flat out asked her if she's on WG's payroll for saying that; despite 3/4 of her review hammering on how bad the ship actually is.   But that's its own topic.

Also, Raptor, love the last half of your comment.

  • Bad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
637
[ARRGG]
Members
4,863 posts
8,147 battles

Like the badges , still trying to figure out the training room ,I thought I was the only real player in my Tirpitz but right off the batt the maybe  bots were using profanity and then proceeded to sink most of the team so I just moved on and me and a DD sank the entire enemy team who didn’t move or fire a shot unfortunately our team suffered 90% losses without the enemy firing a shot

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3,644
Members
22,276 posts
5,775 battles
14 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

My point was, despite a pro statpadder (Yknow, one of WG's 'special friends' as it were) being at the helm, I was able to outperform it in a DOY.

A point that isn't really valid after only one game.

First time I saw an Indianapolis, (in the hands of a Supertester) it ended up top of the board in a T8 match. I did not immediately assume the ship was awesome.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
221
[WOLF9]
Members
781 posts
5,766 battles

The patches are like the ships horn. Some like it, some don't. I like the horns, but after a game or two where some folks just couldn't get off the activate key... they had to go off for a while.

I see no problem with having the same option for the patches. I like clutter free options. 

You want to impress me? Create an option where we can assign a 'ringtone' if you will; to player names. No one else will hear it. But if my ex ever starts playing; I can give her ships Darth Vaders Imperial March Theme... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,973
[OO7]
Members
4,217 posts
10,885 battles

The snowflakes screaming about having the new badges shoved in their face really has me looking forward to getting home next week and getting badges that I can shove in their faces. :cap_haloween:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7,953
[NMKJT]
Beta Testers
22,367 posts
3,895 battles
15 hours ago, YukonHunter said:

Nooo actually, I dont think I will. In fact, I, along with others, will complain, very loudly (borrowing a page from DD drivers that whine anytime a nerf is even hinted at despite theirs being the most OP of the game) and send the message to WG that things need fixin, yo.

WhjkRkv.gif

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
348 posts
48 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

The snowflakes screaming about having the new badges shoved in their face really has me looking forward to getting home next week and getting badges that I can shove in their faces. :cap_haloween:

 Ya, Aslain just came out with a badge remover in his modpack so I won't be seeing them. All these "snowflakes" want is an option to turn that automated trash talk off. You can still have your COD style kill badges, but nobody is forced to see them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,973
[OO7]
Members
4,217 posts
10,885 battles
Just now, Noone_You_Know said:

 Ya, Aslain just came out with a badge remover in his modpack so I won't be seeing them. All these "snowflakes" want is an option to turn that automated trash talk off. You can still have your COD style kill badges, but nobody is forced to see them.

Melting snowflakes is fun. Any chance I can get I will take it!! The best part is, most of the snow flakes are part of the "all mods are bad" crowd, so they won't touch that mod with a 10 foot pole. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Members
348 posts
Just now, Ducky_shot said:

The best part is, most of the snow flakes are part of the "all mods are bad" crowd, so they won't touch that mod with a 10 foot pole. 

 True dat, let them suffer then. If they can't help themselves, then let them melt.

Just sayin' , the "off button" crowd are not all snowflakes, they just want an option. The mod is there for those that have no problem solving their own problems. The actual snowflakes can probably find their safe space in the neutered "training room" where nothing shoots at you and everything is a free kill.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[5IN]
Supertester
1,982 posts
9,194 battles

I'm not sure why people are so worked up over the badges... its not like they weren't tested publicly for the last few weeks.  Don't like an upcoming feature, voice your concerns in the PT feedback.  Does it matter?  Not very often, but at least you put it out there.

Anyway, most of them I've seen are the default, and its there and gone fairly quickly.  WG is trying to appeal to a different crowd with these items... like it or not, they are here.

Now, either deal with them, ignore them, love them, or remove them with a mod.  I would wager that in future updates, they will make an option to hide them.  After all, they did it for the Anime stuff.

If I'm wrong, well, then I am.:Smile_honoring:

B

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,074 battles
17 hours ago, Ju87s said:

I don't like how they get shoved in your face as you get sunk adding insult to injury. I usually stay and watch a battle to the end if I get sunk, but these new trolly badges make me think "eff this" and to go back to port.

Not only do I like them I wish we could at a text msg to it lol....

  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
313
[5IN]
Supertester
1,982 posts
9,194 battles
5 minutes ago, paradat said:

Not only do I like them I wish we could at a text msg to it lol....

Rofl... I could only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that something like this would cause.  Good one.

B

Edited by bassmasta76
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1,521
[WOLF1]
Beta Testers
7,723 posts
11,074 battles
1 minute ago, bassmasta76 said:

Rofl... I could only imagine the wailing and gnashing of teeth that something like this would cause.  Good one.

B

Indeed!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4,991
[INTEL]
Members
9,803 posts
27,863 battles
58 minutes ago, Ducky_shot said:

Melting snowflakes is fun. Any chance I can get I will take it!! The best part is, most of the snow flakes are part of the "all mods are bad" crowd, so they won't touch that mod with a 10 foot pole. 

You're not a "snowflake" if you think a mechanic that amounts to taunting others after you've killed them is a bad idea. It's not good for the game's atmosphere. I wonder how many players have been wrongly reported by players angered by the obnoxious badges, or lost compliments they might have received.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2,973
[OO7]
Members
4,217 posts
10,885 battles
3 minutes ago, Taichunger said:

You're not a "snowflake" if you think a mechanic that amounts to taunting others after you've killed them is a bad idea. It's not good for the game's atmosphere. I wonder how many players have been wrongly reported by players angered by the obnoxious badges, or lost compliments they might have received.

So then you are saying the line of text that tells you that you were killed by someone before now was doing the same thing. Let's take that away, let's just take kills and deaths away completely. Let's have boat races with participation trophies!!!! Everyone is a winner!! 

Edited by Ducky_shot
  • Funny 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest
This topic is now closed to further replies.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×